My friend is fake

somebodyonce

I’ve had this friend for a while now, and she’s generally really nice. We’re close enough to talk about sensitive topics. We have this kind of friendship where we bicker, like make fun of each other for fun, and to other people it sounds kind of harsh but we know we don’t really mean it and it’s funny. I was at her place one night, and we were taking selfies and making obnoxious faces on her phone. Then she gets up to use the bathroom, and leaves her phone. She got a notification from a girl who doesn’t particularly like me, but she’s friends with my friend so we just try to get along. I’ll call her Girl B, and my friend Girl A. I would never snoop on anyone’s phone, but her message said “Why would **my name** do that?” And i was really curious. So I opened it, and there were continuous texts of her bad talking me, calling me sociopathic and ugly!!!!! The reason Girl B said “Why would she do that” was because Girl A told her I ran away from home to move in with my lesbian girlfriend, who isn’t lesbian at all, and i didn’t run away from home, I just moved out. I looked further and it was mostly normal talk until another text had my name in it, and Girl A said “ugh **my name** is texting me rn I can’t stand her a** for real.” And Girl B responded “Lol same.” Then I heard her leave the bathroom, so I quickly exited and went back to the camera app, cuz that’s what was open when she left her phone. I told her I felt like I was gonna throw up and I went home after that. All this happened yesterday, I don’t know what to do. Do I just ignore her without telling her why??? Do I confront her??? Please help!

Find people to hang out with that don't think being mean is a fun way to interact with you. And don't talk crap about you on text.

No need to confront, she'd just turn it around on you.

I'm guessing that you're very young. Just survive this tine of your life by focusing on positives. Leaving negative people behind.

I agree with jimthzz. Don't confront. 'Girl A' will naturally become defensive and then yes, turn it around on you by accusing you of snooping her cell phone. You need to predict how the argument will unfold; not in your favor.

Obviously, 'Girl A' betrayed your trust in her and she is very deceitful. You need to exit the friendship immediately. Offer no excuses. Just leave. Ghost, block and delete.

Associate with moral people. Everyone else doesn't qualify as a friend.

Secrets always come out, whether it be by pure coincidence or a guardian angel making sure the wool has been pulled off your eyes. You learned what you needed to, so now go and invest time with someone who values you, instead. You'll have to decide whether to do a slow fade, telling her you're busy until she gets tired of asking you to hang out, or you can block and delete, or you can tell her you found out she's been badmouthing you and so your friendship is over and then block and delete. In spending zero time with her, this will enable you to have time for someone who is hopefully a nicer person. Good luck.

Ok jump out of this catty litterbox. Talk to trusted adults about this. Join some groups and clubs and sports at school. Focus on your grades and college.. Is there trouble at home? Why did you move out?

Girl A told her I ran away from home to move in with my lesbian girlfriend, who isn’t lesbian at all, and i didn’t run away from home, I just moved out.I told her I felt like I was gonna throw up and I went home after that.

What would you hope to accomplish with a confrontation? Admitting you snooped only sets you up as the bad guy, so I'd skip that and skip her. I'd be kind to her whenever our paths cross, in the same way you'd need to be kind to a colleague who you don't really like, and I'd just stop making plans to spend any after-class time with her.

Use the Internet to explore potential interests, and go pursue ways to make a social life beyond one toxic friendship. Consider this a learning experience about avoiding mean people rather than befriending them. You'll teach yourself how to trust your own better judgement about allowing others to demonstrate who they are over time.

Head high, and move forward. You will thank yourself later.

Archived