Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is he interested or am I imagining things?

Is he interested or am I imagining things?

I think my driving instructor is attracted to me and I'm unsure about making a move. When we are together, we chat about everything and when he is talking about his life, he goes into massive detail about everything. We laugh a lot and playfully tease each other. He touches my elbow a lot when he is speaking to me and during one conversation he told me liked me (however, I cant determine weather this was in general or romantically) and touched my arm right after he said it. After lessons, when we are reflecting on possible improvements there is a LOT of eye contact.
    Anyway, there are some lessons when he gives nothing off. Like he flips from hot to cold. So that leaves me questioning am I imagining it all?? Should I make a move? I'm in my 30's and feel silly. Im a grown up not a teenager. I should know all this by now.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Platinum Member
    I would wait until the lessons are over, or it could make things really uncomfortable.

Focus on your driving and not the flirting.

How old is he?

Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    How old is he?
    I'm 35 hes 40

Originally Posted by Hollyj
    I would wait until the lessons are over, or it could make things really uncomfortable.

Focus on your driving and not the flirting.
    I was thinking this, but I suppose I'm also wondering if you thing hes legitimately flirting or if it's all in my head.

He sounds friendly but nothing else. Remember that you're paying him or someone is paying for him to teach you how to drive. He's supposed to be charming and informative. His business or his success probably also depends on referrals. Is he attached/married?

At this point it doesn't matter. Wait until the course is over. He's not going to lose his job over this. He may have a lot of students who have a crush on him and ask him out, etc. If you have a crush on him, wait until you see whether you pass or fail. Reassess your feelings then. If you're still interested, invite him for a coffee.
    Originally Posted by love87
    I suppose I'm also wondering if you thing hes legitimately flirting or if it's all in my head.

Originally Posted by Rose Mosse
    He sounds friendly but nothing else. Remember that you're paying him or someone is paying for him to teach you how to drive. He's supposed to be charming and informative. His business or his success probably also depends on referrals. Is he attached/married?
    I was thinking along these lines. I'm not overcome by it. He just seems that little bit overly friendly. I work in a similar environment where I work one on one with people and I totally understand that you must be polite, caring etc...in order to build your business. He just seems that bit extra friendly. It confuses me and I dont like being confused.

Are either of you married or in a relationship though?

Originally Posted by Rose Mosse
    Are either of you married or in a relationship though?
    No. He is single and my marriage broke down 12 months ago.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice