Why would my ex girlfriend's friend ask me that..

KevinHart

So about 5 days ago my exe's best friend messaged me asking how Im doing and stuff and also asked what im doing in my life right now and stuff then she randomly asked me if I had sex with anyone since my ex...

She also asked if im seeing anyone or talking to anyone...

then she randomly said that she doesnt see my ex as much becasue she has boyfriend and I didnt even ask about my ex or anything to do with her so why would she even bother telling me knowing it would hurt lol, then I said that I wish my ex a happy and healthy relationship with that guy and her friend replied with ''He's cute''

?

we we've been broken up for 3 months now shes the one that dumped me we dont talk for 6 weeks now because she got jealous over my instagram story... which made her unfollow me even tho she dumped me lol

So what could this be? is my ex trying to grab my attention or make me jealous?

If so why

I was moving on fine until her friend brought this up for no reason at all I didnt ask or anything me and her bestie barely talk even...

And i can assure you her friend is not into me no way.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mind games her and her friend are playing with you. I wouldn’t overthink or look further into it. Just immature,petty behavior on her part. Keep moving forward.

but why tho? I am moving forward sometimes I get those days where I really miss her and have the urge to message her but then I start reminding myself no she ended she has to message me... Why is she playing mind games for?

She wont let me move on...

Thats what I thought but too many possiblities

And what would those possibilities be?

Look man you don’t need us to give you false hope. You’re doing that fine on your own.

The advise others have given is don’t analyze it, think of it as petty pot stirring because that’s what some exes do when they decide instead of making a clean break to stay in touch with one another.

You want us to say she’s doing it because she wants you back but how would any of us know that? Game playing like that does rarely happen but often it’s ego based. Save yourself the heartache don’t go down that road. If she wants you back she knows how to reach you.

She is not your keeper and therefore not in control of whether or not you move on. That’s completely up to you.

but why tho? I am moving forward sometimes I get those days where I really miss her and have the urge to message her but then I start reminding myself no she ended she has to message me... Why is she playing mind games for?

I am guessing she is very young? Perhaps still a teenager?

This is what immature, self-centered people do. Don't ever answer nosy questions like that.

And what would those possibilities be?

Look man you don’t need us to give you false hope. You’re doing that fine on your own.

The advise others have given is don’t analyze it, think of it as petty pot stirring because that’s what some exes do when they decide instead of making a clean break to stay in touch with one another.

You want us to say she’s doing it because she wants you back but how would any of us know that? Game playing like that does rarely happen but often it’s ego based. Save yourself the heartache don’t go down that road. If she wants you back she knows how to reach you.

She is not your keeper and therefore not in control of whether or not you move on. That’s completely up to you.

Im doing great without her.. In fact the break up helped me become a better person in life and it proved me more than enough that I dont need her in my life and that I have to move on.. So no Im not here trying to make you guys give me false hope lol whats the point?

I want a genuine answer from honest people and not this petty ''Oh she'll come back'' In fact I dont want her back... I'm just curious as hell to why shes making her friend ask those thats all.

I figured as much.

Your ex is just pumping up her own ego. She likes knowing you haven't yet found someone else; it makes her feel better about herself. Like she's hard to replace. Ignore such invasive questions next time.

Yeah I'll keep that in mind, its a shame she's such an egoist tho

Pretty sure that was your ex texting you, not her friend.

This is horrible to say - but she’s just checking in to see if she is “winning” the breakup. She wants to hear that you are heartbroken while she has moved on and is doing well.

No other human being would text you to tell you that your ex is dating someone else and “he’s cute” unless they are a sociopath. Most people have compassion. That statement comes from a place of hurt (which is why, with 99.9% certainty, you were texting with your ex)

... unless you did something horrible to her...

Pretty sure that was your ex texting you, not her friend.

This is horrible to say - but she’s just checking in to see if she is “winning” the breakup. She wants to hear that you are heartbroken while she has moved on and is doing well.

No other human being would text you to tell you that your ex is dating someone else and “he’s cute” unless they are a sociopath. Most people have compassion. That statement comes from a place of hurt (which is why, with 99.9% certainty, you were texting with your ex)

... unless you did something horrible to her...

hmmm Its weird because she was texting like my ex at first and then she started talking about herself and her workplace as if I was talking to her friend so I dont know who I was actually talking to at first I thought it was my ex but then it seemed like her friend... It was really confusing.. I can screenshot the messages and show you if you guys need it. Just bare in mind her and my ex text very similar its really hard to tell who is who.. They talk the same and act the same... her friend tends to be more childish tho

And no I haven't done anything... I'm pretty sure she's not satisfied with the fact that I didnt beg and pleaded for her and let her go that easy... Because 2 weeks after the breakup she came back wanting to be so called friends to which I rejected... I delted her off snapchat and unfollowed her off instagram and told her to move on... To which she agreed but then kept messaging me anyway... Until I posted a girl on my story which I'm pretty sure made her angry to which led to her unfollowing me but would still watch my stories from now and again...

To be fair I just think my ex was telling her to ask me those questions for an ego boost or whatever it is we may never know

Im doing great without her.. In fact the break up helped me become a better person in life and it proved me more than enough that I dont need her in my life and that I have to move on.. So no Im not here trying to make you guys give me false hope lol whats the point?

I want a genuine answer from honest people and not this petty ''Oh she'll come back'' In fact I dont want her back... I'm just curious as hell to why shes making her friend ask those thats all.

Why? Ask yourself that not me, I know the answer.

The opposite of love isn't hate its indifference.

People were over don't rent space in our heads.

Youre young so this is a great time to learn this lesson, its ok to tell your ego to stand down, its ok to be honest with yourself where you are in your healing. Or if youre just being petty yourself, which it very much sounds like. Im starting to realize you're an active participant in these games, shes just got a one up on you right now which is making you feel off which is why you posted.

Yeah of course I'm just saying the reason behind it is just baffling... why even bother just leave me alone

You tell us. If you were giving advise what would be your impression? Like I said, you have a specific answer you want to hear, youre doing the same thing she was FISHING.

hmmm Its weird because she was texting like my ex at first and then she started talking about herself and her workplace as if I was talking to her friend so I dont know who I was actually talking to at first I thought it was my ex but then it seemed like her friend... It was really confusing.. I can screenshot the messages and show you if you guys need it. Just bare in mind her and my ex text very similar its really hard to tell who is who.. They talk the same and act the same... her friend tends to be more childish tho

And no I haven't done anything... I'm pretty sure she's not satisfied with the fact that I didnt beg and pleaded for her and let her go that easy... Because 2 weeks after the breakup she came back wanting to be so called friends to which I rejected... I delted her off snapchat and unfollowed her off instagram and told her to move on... To which she agreed but then kept messaging me anyway... Until I posted a girl on my story which I'm pretty sure made her angry to which led to her unfollowing me but would still watch my stories from now and again...

To be fair I just think my ex was telling her to ask me those questions for an ego boost or whatever it is we may never know

Yup, active participant.

In fact I feel dirty even participating in this ego soothing post...

Why? Ask yourself that not me, I know the answer.

The opposite of love isn't hate its indifference.

People were over don't rent space in our heads.

Youre young so this is a great time to learn this lesson, its ok to tell your ego to stand down, its ok to be honest with yourself where you are in your healing. Or if youre just being petty yourself, which it very much sounds like. Im starting to realize you're an active participant in these games, shes just got a one up on you right now which is making you feel off which is why you posted.

Yup, active participant.

In fact I feel dirty even participating in this ego soothing post...

No comment

Why? Immaturity is my best guess. Nothing better to do is a guess as well. You need block and delete this girl and your ex. Then you can move on. You are stopping you from moving on.

Why? Immaturity is my best guess. Nothing better to do is a guess as well. You need block and delete this girl and your ex. Then you can move on. You are stopping you from moving on.

Immaturity is definately a factor 100% I removed my ex off snapchat and instagram the only thing I have her on is facebook but I dont use it neither does she.. And regarding her friend, if she asks any questions like theis or bring my ex iup then i'm definately deleting her.

Archived