My ex put my picture as his Whatsapp picture with a status?

sherise123

Me and my ex broke up yesterday because I m not ready to move in yet as I have only graduated a month ago and only recently got my job. So I am still trying to settle in and get my feet on the ground.

Also the reason I wasn't ready to move in is because our relationship is not strong he blows hot and cold all the time. And I don't know whether he's coming or going half the time. So I think the relationship needed to be strengthened before taking that step but instead he chooses blackmail.

We broke up yesterday as he said if we cant move in together right now that he doesn't want to be together. So now he has put a picture of me as his WhatsApp picture and a status saying "I will never forget you" what is the point in this?

Answers appreciated.

Emotional manipulation.

He’s hoping to tug at your heart strings, and that you’ll think he’s heartbroken and you’ll start chasing after him and change your mind.

Don’t fall for it.

An adult would talk to you as an adult and respect your perfectly reasonable reasons for wanting to hold off on moving in. It should not have led to a breakup. This also comes across as manipulation to me. He was trying to get what he wanted and trying to force your hand in the situation by risking the relationship over it.

I think you should stay away from this guy.

Good for you Sherise for realizing you weren’t ready to move in, and for not giving into his ultimatum. You stood your ground, which is awesome.

Any guy who is worth your time would respect your decision and wouldn’t try to manipulate you or give you an ultimatum.

He sounds extremely dramatic too with the posting of pictures on WhatsApp. He’s just trying to get your attention.

You made the right decision. Don’t let him make you think otherwise.

Sorry to hear this. How long have you been dating? You did the right thing. Never hurry to move in or cave under pressure to someone's demands. A rush/pressure to move in, acting hot/cold combined with the passive-aggressive and manipulative messaging app thing are major red flags.

It sounds like you dodged a bullet for a controlling, manipulative and possibly abusive personality. You need to go no contact and immediately delete and block him from all messaging and social media. Never let a manipulator check up on you or know your online status.

the reason I wasn't ready to move in is because our relationship is not strong he blows hot and cold all the time. And I don't know whether he's coming or going half the time.

Archived