Did my boyfriend go see this girl when he was on vacation?

Jadesmith4

My boyfriend is 26. I am 22. We have been dating for two years. Basically this all went down this morning, when my boyfriend told me that he saw a post and told me "His home girl Ashley's cat died." I asked him who that was and he said they went to high school together. (He was from another state) I felt bad but did think the comment was odd, as 1. I'd never met Ashley, and 2. I didn't even know she existed. I gave him a funny look, and said he'd never mentioned her. He accused me of being jealous.. later on today I apologized and told him I knew I overreact sometimes. He replied saying I freaked out on the word "homegirl." I asked him if they had a thing in high school and he said that it didn't matter if they did or not, that he was only mentioning her cat passed away. I then told him that I should've assumed he was probably talking about a friend he saw on his trip. He replied saying "No, it's the 1,000 people I follow on instragram, it could be anything." Is he saying he didn't see her?

It's hard to tell from your boyfriend's words if he saw her or not. BUT, I didn't like this:

I asked him if they had a thing in high school and he said that it didn't matter if they did or not

He didn't answer your question. You asked a very specific question, and he evades it. It's like, why not be honest? Of course it mattered; that's why you asked.

For what it's worth, I do not think you're overreacting, and my guess is that he did NOT see her. But, in addition, he sounds a little rude in the ways he talks to you.

I don't know...his response ("No, it's the 1,000 people I follow on instragram, it could be anything") seemed a little snarky. And the way he responded...he didn't sound like he was flustered, as if he had been caught.

:::shrug::: again, that's just one thought, its' hard to know for sure. Have you had trust issues with him in the past?

Ever since he slept with his ex while you two were split up you haven't trusted him...right. You found an empty condom wrapper and think he cheated on you. Now a girl he knew in high school is mentioned by him and you think he cheated with her.

Why do you stay with him when you obviously don't trust him and think he's cheating all the time? And a better reason than "but I LOVE him!!", please.

I'm trying!! All I'm asking is from the sounds of the text messages, does it sound like they hung out?

You're not trying that hard if you continue to focus on things like this. We don't know if they hung out. There is not enough information in your post to guess one way or the other.

What is more obvious is that your relationship is failing. The utter lack of trust is destroying it. You might as well go ahead and end it now, and find someone you don't have constant suspicions about. It doesn't matter at this point if your suspicions are correct or not; the most important thing is that you believe the worst of your boyfriend and it's only a matter of time before he tires of it and breaks it off with you.

Archived