Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is it strange to want to raise another family?

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by Lost 73
    Calling me old? guess I am lol I get it. Got tested last year due to wanting to freeze some just in case and I am still all good in that area. Like I stated I am 44 turning 45 but I look and feel as if I am in my 30's I have aged very good. well my body has I think my mind stopped aging at 25 still a bit a Young guy there expect for my beliefs
    I am not calling you old. I am almost 7 years older than you . However you seem to refuse to believe that sperm ages .

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    I am not calling you old. I am almost 7 years older than you . However you seem to refuse to believe that sperm ages .
    I added the funny faces I was joking.

Nope not refuse but when you get tested and have had it frozen. Knowledge is facts verses maybe might or eventually. By grandfather I know TMI knocked up a chick at 60.

The etiology of disabilities relies on many factors. Some are genetics (why your son was diagnosed with autism), some are the habits pregnant women do, and some are the age of the parents. Women are not designed to have babies past a certain point.

Don't believe everything you read.
    I don't mean to be snobby, but I hold a master's degree in mental health. I read and met researchers from medical communities who have specialized on studying various disabilities. I have a range of experience working with families of children with disabilities. I also sat in countless meetings with anguished, panicked, frustrated, anxious families who were in tears because their livelihoods have unexpectedly change and were not prepared to raise a child with high needs. Which is why I mentioned about the health risks so that you are aware. Many of the families I work with were not and are going through one heck of an adjustment.

Bronze Member
    these things to the left mean being funny joking laughing. and LOL means laughing out loud Pure joking around

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I added the funny faces I was joking.

Nope not refuse but when you get tested and have had it frozen. Knowledge is facts verses maybe might or eventually. By grandfather I know TMI knocked up a chick at 60.
    Tru men can have kids until they die. One of our Prime Ministers had a daughter at 70. I am just saying you won’t always be 45. Something to keep in mind.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by Snny
    The etiology of disabilities relies on many factors. Some are genetics (why your son was diagnosed with autism), some are the habits pregnant women do, and some are the age of the parents. Women are not designed to have babies past a certain point.

I don't mean to be snobby, but I hold a master's degree in mental health. I read and met researchers from medical communities who have specialized on studying various disabilities. I have a range of experience working with families of children with disabilities. I also sat in countless meetings with anguished, panicked, frustrated, anxious families who were in tears because their livelihoods have unexpectedly change and were not prepared to raise a child with high needs. Which is why I mentioned about the health risks so that you are aware. Many of the families I work with were not and are going through one heck of an adjustment.

Very nice that you have a masters degree, what's 24 years worth of education double PHD? I have had to deal with social workers, school systems, the government all people with these degrees. I have and AM living with it daily watching the services shrink yearly and the fact is there is NO proof of anything that causes Autism. chemicals this age that environment this. when it comes to mental health and dealing with a handicapped child hate to say it like this but been there and DOING that.

I am very well educated on what it takes to raise a handicapped child. The countless times feeling helpless and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Tru men can have kids until they die. One of our Prime Ministers had a daughter at 70. I am just saying you won’t always be 45. Something to keep in mind.
    Thus why I had 4 samples frozen

So are you seeking advice or justification? Also you never answered my question... Why not foster or adopt?

Thus why I had 4 samples frozen
    Just remember you won’t always be 45 when it come to looking after these individuals.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by Snny
    So are you seeking advice or justification? Also you never answered my question... Why not foster or adopt?
    Advice but without judgement, Foster kids allot of them have many different issues. Plus with me it is about raising from birth. I would hate to have a kid for 2 years then poof gone back tow here ever they came from. I understand how it works I was a foster child.
    Adopting looked into it when I was married it is allot of money and you just don't know the genetics. I have had my genotyping done, I agree Ill age being a parent that don't change much I have accepted that

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice