My girlfriends conversions with her gay friends abnormal?

cjchaos

I have been with my girlfriend for about one year and a half now. I known her long before that and I know that these are gay friends of hers, they are in a line group with her. The group name seems a bit perverted but I always looked past it. It's a foreign word but it's translation is a bit similar to "Horny". Her friends in the group are not English and she was asking me about some of the words they were saying such as pulsing and thrilling etc... I am quite sure her gay friends were talking about sex. Since then I feel quite uncomfortable. She is of the opinion gay people are different to normal men and have no interest in her. To me gay people are still men and I still feel uncomfortable with her having such discussions. I can't imagine myself talking with lesbians about female genitalia. I feel sad and depressed about it and I don't talk to any friends or family about relationship things. Can I get some strangers opinions who don't know me please.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I am a fuddy duddy, I just found it odd people talking in detail about their genitalia sensations regardless of their sexuality. I think if I talked about that people would think I were a pervert or something so it is confusing why others can do that so freely.

Gay men are different than straight men - they don’t want to have sex with your girlfriend.

I know there is virtually no risk of them wanting to engage in such activity, but on the other side of things though, if the shoe were on the other foot and I had lewd conversations with lesbian woman, is that the exact same? I just couldn't imagine myself getting involved in such conversations and feeling innocent about it.

I know there is virtually no risk of them wanting to engage in such activity, but on the other side of things though, if the shoe were on the other foot and I had lewd conversations with lesbian woman, is that the exact same? I just couldn't imagine myself getting involved in such conversations and feeling innocent about it.

That's because you're not gay and you're thinking like a hetrosexual. A hetrosexual man can still be turned on by having lewd conversations with a female even if that female is a lesbian and wouldn't touch you with a 10 foot pole (no pun intended).

I don't believe that most hetrosexual females get aroused by talking to their gay friends about sex. It's more like talking to a good girlfriend about it and yes, it's quite normal for women (or a whole lot of us anyway) to talk to our female friends about sex and genitalia.... That's what girls night out and red wine is for. lol

Maybe I am a fuddy duddy, I just found it odd people talking in detail about their genitalia sensations regardless of their sexuality. I think if I talked about that people would think I were a pervert or something so it is confusing why others can do that so freely.
you would only come across as a 'pervert' if you were having a lewd conversation with someone that was uncomfortable with such talk. Your wife and her friends are all on board with it so it's just normal talk to them.

That sounds like your issue. Some people talk about sex freely. Sex is a super interesting subject.

Do you talk about sex with your male friends? Do you want to sleep with them?

I think the term 'abnormal' is offensive. Gay people are NORMAL. The terms to be used are straight and gay!

Gay men ARE NOT interested in your gf. How old are you?????

I think that you need to lighten up and educate yourself!

I never said gay people were abnormal, I asked if the conversation was abnormal. It's quite funny that you are telling me to educate myself, yet you can't comprehend written words. For your information I am a graduate of what is rated to be one of the hardest degrees. My age is not your business. You had nothing constructive to say and embarrassed yourself. Have a nice day.
I never said gay people were abnormal, I asked if the conversation was abnormal. It's quite funny that you are telling me to educate myself, yet you can't comprehend written words. For your information I am a graduate of what is rated to be one of the hardest degrees. My age is not your business. You had nothing constructive to say and embarrassed yourself. Have a nice day.

“She is of the opinion that gay people are different to normal men...”

Take your college degree and reread your first post.

Your arrogance. Yuck.

I don’t care how educated you are. That doesn’t make your opinion more right.

I would think that with your education, you would know that gay men are not attracted to women.

No embarrassment here.

That's because you're not gay and you're thinking like a hetrosexual. A hetrosexual man can still be turned on by having lewd conversations with a female even if that female is a lesbian and wouldn't touch you with a 10 foot pole (no pun intended).

I don't believe that most hetrosexual females get aroused by talking to their gay friends about sex. It's more like talking to a good girlfriend about it and yes, it's quite normal for women (or a whole lot of us anyway) to talk to our female friends about sex and genitalia.... That's what girls night out and red wine is for. lol

you would only come across as a 'pervert' if you were having a lewd conversation with someone that was uncomfortable with such talk. Your wife and her friends are all on board with it so it's just normal talk to them.

I understand what you are saying, but I do thing woman can be aroused by talking about sex. In fact based on scientific studies, females get aroused by conversations and males by visual stimulants. 50 shades of grey is kind of proof of that. I feel there is more chance of her being aroused about her gay friends than her gay friends about her in the same way you suggested in the reverse scenario.
I understand what you are saying, but I do thing woman can be aroused by talking about sex. In fact based on scientific studies, females get aroused by conversations and males by visual stimulants. 50 shades of grey is kind of proof of that. I feel there is more chance of her being aroused about her gay friends than her gay friends about her in the same way you suggested in the reverse scenario.

Ah.

So the issue is SHE is talking about sex. Not WHO she is discussing it with.

Male, female, straight, gay, whatever - you don’t want HER getting aroused.

So you don’t trust her?

"She is of the opinion gay people are different to normal men "

Yes. You did.

Sorry to correct you, different and abnormal are not the same thing and additionally, you can clearly see I stated another's opinion, which I didn't say I agreed with. I am not here to argue.

Actually I wouldn't have a problem with her talking about it with females, sorry if it makes me sound sexist, but I don't feel comfortable with her talking about it with males. I think it is because I see it as gay or straight people are still men. If she had a conversation with a female friend and it was a bit raunchy, it's not biggie. If she got aroused whilst talking to a male, I don't really care about their sexuality I just don't feel okay about it.

They are not. I too, talk trashy with my gay male friends. I have never been aroused. AT ALL!

If she chooses to discuss it with her friends, there is nothing you can do about it. it is her choice. I would choose another battle. Sorry, but I think that this is silly.

I think I am with Sherry and Sera in this, I don't talk about sex with anybody but my partner. I have to tell her if she really feels the need to talk about sex in a jokey erotic way with others then I am not sure I am the right guy for her.

I don't think you are the right guy. You sound quite uptight and controlling.

it's not like she is discussing your sex life, she's is just joking around with these guys.

Archived