Ok, new guy here and an older gentleman ( 48 ) . Never been married but have been in a few relationships. Last two kinda put me off the whole dating scene. Met both women online and they turned out to have severe emotional problems.

One was diagnosed with schizophrenia and the other would be fine for a short time and then just go "nuts" on me and would only contact me via texting.

Needless to say I am off the idea of online dating.

I am no Casanova, but a genuinely good person.

Advice? Help? lol

You are putting the blame on the one woman primarily on her mental illness. Don't define her by her illness, define her by who she is. Not all whom have mental health issues are severely emotionally unstable. If she was acting that way it's on her not her schizophrenia.

Another thing you could do is be more selective before meeting, get to know them more before you put yourself in uncomfortable situations.

Lisa

Yes, it's time to spread my wings and go the traditional way.

I'm a cat person so no meeting via the pooches unfortunately. Thinking of trying spin classes. More to get in shape, but could be a good place to meet ladies.

The odds would be in your favor in:

1. Dance class

2. Book clubs

3. Art classes (paint or sculpt)

4. Hiking meet ups

In that order. I know, I've done them all. Lol

If your not comfortable online dating, that's one thing. However I would not completely rule it out because a couple women didn't work out. People online are still people, in the real world, who you could still potentially meet via other means.

Also you could hit up meetup groups.

I don't think it's a matter of where you meet them, you could have met the same 2 women at the grocery store or while taking a class. While I agree that online dating shouldn't be your only avenue of meeting people, you need to accept that this is dating and it involves kissing a lot of frogs until you meet someone worthwhile.

Don't let 2 poor experiences turn you off of dating. Try your best to involve yourself in as many activities as you can and treat every woman you meet as a new experience, you have nothing to lose but everything to gain, even if it's what to avoid in a woman. You never know when the right one comes along!

Ok try that and volunteering maybe in an animal shelter to meet good people and animal lovers. Also don't hesitate to cut your losses when you see deal-breakers or red flags.

Better than gyms to meet women (could seem creepy to them), try cooking lessons or dance classes or book clubs, etc. Follow your interests and you'll be more likely to run into like-minded people.

Yes, it's time to spread my wings and go the traditional way.I'm a cat person so no meeting via the pooches unfortunately. Thinking of trying spin classes. More to get in shape, but could be a good place to meet ladies.

Archived