No contact but i keep breaking it.

Boyfriend and I broke up. I broke up with him because he told me he fell out of love with me. He still wanted to stay together because he said he cared for me. I instantly started the no contact which never lasts because I love him. He continues to texts, call and invite me over for dinner, movies and to spend the night. I always decline reminding him we are broken up. Part of me wants to remain in contact because this is a reoccurring event. He gets stressed, pushes me away and eventually comes back around. He is in the middle of retiring from the military so he has a lot going on. We are both almost 40 so not children. I’m confused at what to do.

If he gave you the 'love you but not in love with you' line then you did the right thing. Also it's best to do what you are doing and not accept fwb style hang outs.

As long as he's "confused", he needs to figure it out on his own. He can't breakup then continue to have gf benefits.

I broke up with him because he told me he fell out of love with me. I instantly started the no contact which never lasts because I love him. He continues to texts, call and invite me over for dinner, movies and to spend the night. I always decline reminding him we are broken up.

I would keep up what you are doing. Decline his invites. But instead of saying "remember why we broke up" or "we broke up" - which maybe makes him think he can fix the reason things went south - just say "its over. Please do not contact me again". If he keeps contacting you after that, block him. If you block him without telling him not to contact you, he might try to find another means such as dropping by or calling at work. Right now, you are still entertaining him.

Well since he definitely said "I'm no longer in love with you" then you should cut him out of your life completely. Those are done words.

Yup, I agree. Don't be his backup plan until he meets a woman he's really excited about. Yuck. No contact and move on. I hope you meet someone who is a better match for you.

Archived