Tinder Date

newtothegame98

So I've been talking to this girl I recently matched with on Tinder. Currently, I am still in college. She, however, is out of college and working in my hometown.

Our first few convos went really well and we texted a lot. Eventually though we were unable to meet up because I had to go back to school. However, she told me to keep in-touch & to let her know whenever I was back home.

I told her that I was planning on going home next weekend & that we should do something together. She sounded interested. I was wondering what I should do from here? Do I ask her on a date 1 on 1? Do I meet her with a friend in tow? What if none of my friends are home? Overall thoughts?

Thanks

So I've been talking to this girl I recently matched with on Tinder. Currently, I am still in college. She, however, is out of college and working in my hometown.

Our first few convos went really well and we texted a lot. Eventually though we were unable to meet up because I had to go back to school. However, she told me to keep in-touch & to let her know whenever I was back home.

I told her that I was planning on going home next weekend & that we should do something together. She sounded interested. I was wondering what I should do from here? Do I ask her on a date 1 on 1? Do I meet her with a friend in tow? What if none of my friends are home? Overall thoughts?

Thanks

Good heavens, no. That would just be very weird and awkward.

Follow Wiseman's advice and suggest a specific place to meet, and arrange a convenient time for both of you.

I think you can get to know someone better one on one. I would just ask for coffee or lunch for first time meeting. You don't want to plan a whole day with someone you don't know. You may not get along? Meeting in person is very different and can sometimes be very awkward especially if you have nothing to talk about. I notice with texting it's easier then chatting in person. I think you will be fine.

Have fun

Lisa

The only reason I said bring a friend is because I am meeting her offline. She doesn't know me, and may want to be with friends for a first meeting. But, maybe that was foolish of me to think

I don't know if it's foolish. I wouldn't do it, but I'm 40 years old. I don't know what's normal for a 20-yr old in 2017.

Think in reverse. Would you want to walk into a coffee place to be met by a someone's posse? Creepy, freindzone, totally lacking confidence or some sort of joke, right?

Agree on a time and place then you show up on time, groomed, dressed decently and confident and smiling. Besides you need to get to know each other talking one-on-one.

The only reason I said bring a friend is because I am meeting her offline. She doesn't know me, and may want to be with friends for a first meeting

]

• 2 weeks later...

If you'd made contact on a Meetup site, then by all means bring a friend along.

However, given that Tinder is explicitly for dating... keep it that way! I'd be really freaked if I turned up to meet someone and they had a friend in tow. My first thought would be that they were after a threesome...

Ask her to meet for coffee, in a place where there are plenty of people around if you're worried about her feeling threatened. That's perfectly acceptable.

Think in reverse. Would you want to walk into a coffee place to be met by a someone's posse? Creepy, freindzone, totally lacking confidence or some sort of joke, right?

Agree on a time and place then you show up on time, groomed, dressed decently and confident and smiling. Besides you need to get to know each other talking one-on-one.

]

Haha! Imagine this.

Suggest meeting up in a public place. Meeting 1 on 1 is the best start for a date. If she brings up wanting to bring friends then you can go along with it. Tinder is an app where the point is to randomly meet people so don't over think it. Go out for a coffee or drinks, something that is easy to get out of if you don't get along. Then if all goes well you can think of additional activity that shows off your personality. Or just leave this to the next date.

Archived