Was it sexting? Should i continue our relationship?

Dave800

So here it goes.. I am a 35 yo guy and have been with my gf just shy of 2 years. I just caught her in the act of snap chatting a non nude, but suggestive pic. I confronted her, and she answered honestly (or so I assume). It went on for 2 weeks, and was a daily thing. After taking a short time to think we talked more in depth about the situation, my feelings of betrayal, and if possible how to fix things. I love her more than I can write, but I don't know if trying to patch things up is the right move. In my heart I want to, but my mind is filled with doubt. I told her I need time to figure things out. "Don't call text or try to see me" I said. It's been 2 days so far, and she has left me love notes each day, and last night texted me an brief I love you text. Trying to figure it out, but just as I seem to be confident in a decision the other side takes over. Some 3rd party advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all

She was bored with you and sought out another man for his attention. She emotionally cheated on you, which can be just as bad as physically cheating. She wanted to get to know and be close to another man behind your back. It is most certainly a betrayal.

And she can write all she wishes about how she loves you, but this is not love. When you love someone, you don't seek out the opposite sex's attentions, nor do you send pics and so on. You remain loyal to who you are with and talk to them if you feel that you aren't as close as you would like or want things to be spiced up again.

Not every person can do what your girlfriend did...there are many with a conscience and would never behave this way with their partner. It's up to you now if you want to remain with someone who has it in them to do this to you. But you don't know how many times shes done this in the past, or how many times she will do it again. And no one would choose to be in a relationship that is not 100% trust worthy. There are too many good people out there wanting to find real love and don't play games like this.

do you know for a fact that it was a male on the other end? it could be a girl friend and they're doing the kardashian thing. in my opinion if she can tell you who it was and verify that it was not a guy, then she is in the clear. if it is a guy, then it's game over.

at this point trust is being questioned. you can confront her honestly about how you feel and the need for a justification given the shady nature of the situation.

Your call if you want to try again. I type this till my fingers bleed but usually when you reach this stage in a relationship it's beyond the ability of the people involved to sort it out. If you really want to give your relationship a chance you need professional couples counselling.

Couples do survive emotional and physical infidelity but it takes work. Both have to be in love still and both have to really want to fix things. That means letting go of the anger and sense of betrayal. It's a long process and it's hard work.

Best of luck no matter what you decide.

Honestly would need to know the context and the type of suggestive picture. One person's idea of suggestive is another's idea of modest.

Is it somebody she knows well? What was the focus of the conversation. Had she said to you that she has been doing something she shouldn't, in her opinion, not yours?

Honestly would need to know the context and the type of suggestive picture. One person's idea of suggestive is another's idea of modest.

Is it somebody she knows well? What was the focus of the conversation. Had she said to you that she has been doing something she shouldn't, in her opinion, not yours?

Naked or not, friend or foe, it's the intention that matters.

Her intention was to seek attention (and was successful) outside of the relationship.

And it's his interpretation that counts, IMO

Of course this is your call, but in the long term this is likely to become a dark cloud always hanging over your head, as well as waiting for the next shoe to drop.

Not to sound negative, but very few can survive infidelity in regards to the future of the relationship. Either way, you do have some thinking to do...

Naked or not, friend or foe, it's the intention that matters.

Her intention was to seek attention (and was successful) outside of the relationship.

And it's his interpretation that counts, IMO

You don't know her intention, nor does anybody else, hence my asking if she admitted wrongdoing. Then you have it from the horses mouth!

do you know for a fact that it was a male on the other end? it could be a girl friend and they're doing the kardashian thing. in my opinion if she can tell you who it was and verify that it was not a guy, then she is in the clear. if it is a guy, then it's game over.

at this point trust is being questioned. you can confront her honestly about how you feel and the need for a justification given the shady nature of the situation.

Does it actually matter, if was a boy or a girl? There is not a thing as a "Kardashian thing". There are people who need and demand lots of attention, more than just one person would ever be able to provide.

Debating the issue if this is cheating or not can take up a whole other thread. Whats important if its cheating to the OP? If its important to the OP then its important. If its not than its not. But it got him enough to log on and post about it on this site. So here is my two cents.

Go to couples therapy. You can get all your questioned answered there.

You are either going to forgive her or you are not. If you dont, then you must end the relationship and start fresh with a new one. You cant just partially forgive because youll hang this over her head all the time and the relationship will just not survive that.

good luck.

My big thing here is she keeps saying she loves you, BUT OP has she actually sat down with and confessed why she did it, and have you two worked towards rebuilding your relationship?

Or does she just want to sweep it all under the carpet, say a few "I love yous" which anyone can do then carry on her merry way while you continue to not trust her?

There's your answer.

Archived