Me and my ex girlfriend broke up in December and hade agreed to stay friends. We also are coworkers in the same store. We communicated on a regular basis until April. And then she hade a thing for some other guy, she started having problems with this guy and came to me for advise. As a friend I did help her and gave her advise. The guy dump her in the end. I ended up getting into a argument with her because I would try to make plans to hangout and she would either bail or say she is busy, I also felt as if the friendship hade became one sided as she would only come to me for advise or talk about her self, she never asked me about my life or how I was doing. When we hade the argument she admitted to me I was not a priority In her life and she couldn't commit to hanging out on a regular basis (for example once or twice a week) and that she could only hang out " sometimes" The argument ended there. Although I never ended the friendship. And over a period of about 3 months I distanced my self from her. I decide to work on myself and of course I'd hangout regularly with my longtime time friends from high school and elementary school friend. Me and my ex would still have short conversations at work but I didint really put any effort into are friendship and I didint ask her about her life and I never asked to hangout with her, I would act appathetic towards her and she was always the first to engage in conversation. And then last week week she told me she was sorry for balling on me whenever I would try to make plans to hang out. I told her I felt like it was unfair that I would give her advise and help her with her problems when she didint even want to hangout with me. I told her she was being selfish and only cared about her self. I even told her that she made me lose empathy towards people's because she made me realize people's aren't worth it. She then told me she felt bad that she was the one who made me feel that way. Then after she told me she felt like the tables were turning as she was hurt by that guy and she felt like I was a real friend and the only person she could turn to for a shoulder to cry on and to talk to and she said she felt like she was using me and she was being selfish. And so ahe asked me after if we were good and I said so, if I ask you to hangout next week will you follow through and she said yes. And so I ask her to hangout and see a movie and she followed through we also talked a lot about life and I felt like we were reconnecting as friends. And so thats what I told her that were connecting as friends. And then I ask her if she would like to hangout next week and she said she hade things to do. And so I asked her straight up, do you want to hangout with me on a regular basis let's say once week or whatever and she says she can't commit to anything and so I got into a argument and said y did you come to me and apologize and she said cause she " felt bad" and so the argument ended there. I'm not sure what to do as she is basically doing the same thing all over again. I almost feel like telling her: look ill respect you as a coworker but don't pretend to be my friend. What do you guys think?

I'm an introvert I don't have a lot of friends but the people's I am friends with I am close to them and hangout on a regular basis, most of my friends I've been friends with from anything from 8 to 16 years. Some one who only comes to me when they need help, I don't consider that a real friend.

It sounds like you are her bf. I don't hang out with any one person on a weekly basis, as we are busy and have lives. Plus, I want to see others.

She does sound selfish, but you are too demanding as a friend. I suggest you expand your friend circle.

Archived