Update on my situation:

Amoop182

So I left my ex alone for a week and some change and she reached out to me. We got to talking about just how we have been, what's been going on. I kept relationship talk out of it. She said we will get together soon after she finishes finals. I didn't press for a date when, and she finished with this was a really great conversation. I'm hoping these are steps in the right direction to getting back together. As for now I'm not texting her anymore until she decides to speak to me again. Any advice?

sounds like it may be going the right direction... stay strong and keep with the not texting her... I wish i was strong enough to do that... i just haven't found that strength yet..

It took a while to get to this point. Trial and error. But every day is a learning experience. You can do it. I think it's about giving that space and learning to always see things from the other persons perspective. Because always talking about how you feel and what you want can be very selfish. It's hard and takes a while to learn to be that way. Best of luck

As per your last thread it seems you're holding on to a feint hope where none exists.

This is your right. If you really want to, keep doing what you're doing, but don't get your hopes up. She sounds like this is more of a platonic interest now.

I don't know if it's really platonic or not, there is more to it then the general posts. Certain things she says seem to hint that in the future we can work things out. But I am not being over zealous about it or speaking too soon

I don't know if it's really platonic or not, there is more to it then the general posts. Certain things she says seem to hint that in the future we can work things out. But I am not being over zealous about it or speaking too soon

People say all kinds of things after a breakup that dumpees agonize over and try and find meaning in.

You should go strictly by her actions. If she isn't actively trying to fix your relationship then you don't have anything at this time.

If it isn't hurting you and you want to maintain contact in the hopes of rekindling do so. Somewhere in the not too distant future you'll have to decide if its worth waiting around if it doesn't progress.

Don't waisted much of your life doing so

People say all kinds of things after a breakup that dumpees agonize over and try and find meaning in.

You should go strictly by her actions. If she isn't actively trying to fix your relationship then you don't have anything at this time.

If it isn't hurting you and you want to maintain contact in the hopes of rekindling do so. Somewhere in the not too distant future you'll have to decide if its worth waiting around if it doesn't progress.

Don't waisted much of your life doing so

It's been a while since we broke up. This progress that we have made. At this point I am leaving her alone to do her schooling. She suggested to me that we should get together after her finals. I know she still has feelings for me based on what her family members and friends have told me. I'm in no rush to be in a relationship with her right now or with anyone else. I am just playing it by ear and seeing what happens

Leave her alone. Based on your last thread, I think you should steer clear of her. You are broken up, yet trying to entice her with concert tickets and contact with you makes her so upset still. Stop "trying to make progress". you need to go away and stop contacting her so you can both heal and decide where you want your lives to go. You broke up, and you started seeing another girl. Now you are trying to start something again with this one and it just upsets her.

Leave her alone. Based on your last thread, I think you should steer clear of her. You are broken up, yet trying to entice her with concert tickets and contact with you makes her so upset still. Stop "trying to make progress". you need to go away and stop contacting her so you can both heal and decide where you want your lives to go. You broke up, and you started seeing another girl. Now you are trying to start something again with this one and it just upsets her.

I have been leaving her alone. She chose to contact me last we spoke. I am not pushing to be in a relationship with her at all. I tried to see if she wanted to go to a concert and when she told me how she felt I backed off. I am giving her, her space. I am interested in starting something with her, when she is ready. As of now I'm back to no contact again with her. She also stated she would like to get together soon, maybe because I suggested a band that was considered "our" band was what upset her, which I totally understand. As for now I'm leaving it be

If you're going to be a troll then don't comment please. Thanks

If she wants you back, she'll make it clear.She's just checking up on you. Doesn't mean she wants to reconcile. It's probably the guilt hitting her.If she wanted to reconcile, she would make it totally obvious. Go back to NC and Don't respond to anything less then a full fledged attempt at reconciliation.Anything less is breadcrumbs and her looking for nothing but a ego boost and assurance that you are still on her string

If she wants you back, she'll make it clear.She's just checking up on you. Doesn't mean she wants to reconcile. It's probably the guilt hitting her.If she wanted to reconcile, she would make it totally obvious. Go back to NC and Don't respond to anything less then a full fledged attempt at reconciliation.Anything less is breadcrumbs and her looking for nothing but a ego boost and assurance that you are still on her string

I hear you on that. But I know she is not a snotty like that. I'm trying to keep my distance at this point now.

If you're going to be a troll then don't comment please. Thanks

A troll is someone who starts a false thread. Just because you don't like the comment, doesn't call for name calling.

You do realize that she said "after finals"…...which means 4 weeks from now?

A troll is someone who starts a false thread. Just because you don't like the comment, doesn't call for name calling.

You do realize that she said "after finals"…...which means 4 weeks from now?

I'm not going to argue with you. I don't value your opinions, so please stop following my posts. Thanks

I haven't followed nor posted before this. And I actually enjoy your post and am excited to see how it all turns out. Better than Netflix. Lol.

Lol!

Seriously to the OP you've been friend zoned. We've all been through what you're going through. While you still have feelings for her you can't heal being in contact. You're waiting for her to say those magic words she may never say...but she enjoys your company. My ex wife wanted to chit chat and after months of that I told her forget it. Good luck.

Lol!

Seriously to the OP you've been friend zoned. We've all been through what you're going through. While you still have feelings for her you can't heal being in contact. You're waiting for her to say those magic words she may never say...but she enjoys your company. My ex wife wanted to chit chat and after months of that I told her forget it. Good luck.

I don't think I've been friend zoned. Sorry to hear that happened to you

Archived