Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guy Is Going to Vegas for Bachelor Party

I went to Vegas while with my ex, I got drunk, spent $50 on gambling, saw some cool stuff and had a laugh with all our friends. It was awesome, then I got home to a girlfriend out to get me thinking I've cheated on her and going out of her way to cause an argument, trying to find out exactly which group of people I was with at all times (was there girls in your group??? blah..). Nothing happened apart from me enjoying myself. I ended up breaking up with her because this was a constant theme to the point I couldn't go out or do anything without her without it causing a lot of friction.

Don't be that person

I don't see the problem here. He went on a weekend trip with a group of friends. He doesn't need to contact you until the trip is over. Let the guy have some space and fun with his friends. He also doesn't need to update you about the trip. Ever heard the term "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas?"

So this morning, he sent me a picture of our skyline with the caption, "good to be home." I was busy and couldn't reply for a while, but when I did, I said, "glad you made it back safe. How was it?" He replied, "me too. It was ok . I haven't replied yet because I feel like I don't want to push him for details if he'd beig short. I know he must be tired since he caught the red-eye. Should I leave it be for now?

Wow. Yes, leave it be. Are you seriously expecting to immediately de-brief with you? You seem pretty full on for someone who hasn't even agreed to be exclusive with you yet.

What is the rush for details? Are you hoping that he will reassure you that he did nothing "wrong"? Your reactions around his trip seem full of insecurities way beyond the boundaries of such a new dating relationship. Just what is the reall issue for you here?

No, no, not at all. I was just being friendly. I didn't expect him to unload everything. I'm not looking for anything, I was just simply inquiring. There was no ulterior motive to my question.

Should I leave it be for now?

Leave what be? You asked, he answered. You may hear nothing more about it.

Originally Posted by pray925
    No, no, not at all. I was just being friendly. I didn't expect him to unload everything. I'm not looking for anything, I was just simply inquiring. There was no ulterior motive to my question.
    Originally Posted by pray925
    So this morning, he sent me a picture of our skyline with the caption, "good to be home." I was busy and couldn't reply for a while, but when I did, I said, "glad you made it back safe. How was it?" He replied, "me too. It was ok . I haven't replied yet because I feel like I don't want to push him for details if he'd beig short. I know he must be tired since he caught the red-eye. Should I leave it be for now?
    Then I misunderstood your comment. It read like you wanted more details.

Actually, my exact words to him were, "on a scale from "awesome" to "awesome" how was it? Haha"

You need better bait.

OK, so how should I approach this now? I honestly did not mean to come accross as snoopy or insecure.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice