Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 303 of 305 FirstFirst ... 300301302303304305 LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 3045

Thread: My Life- Thoughts and Happenings

Platinum Member
    My son had just called to catch up, and I heard a muffled meow. My cat walked in with a rat in his mouth! I hastily hung up and I successfully shoved the cat out the door. Fortunately the rat was already dead so I gave it a proper burial into the garbage can. Sheesh!

And then I called my son back and we had a nice talk. I told him all about the crazy week we had with the wildfires and emergency evacuation orders beeping loudly in my phone every hour. (I finally turned it off, but kept close watch. I would turn it back on if it was closer to me but it is not.)

Work is keeping me busy. Meetings and training tomorrow. Then I have to figure out Google Classroom because some of my studentsí classes are using that. Crash course for me! Ugh.

Originally Posted by luminousone
    My son had just called to catch up, and I heard a muffled meow. My cat walked in with a rat in his mouth!
    Isn't it nice how they bring you gifts? lol

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Jibralta
    Isn't it nice how they bring you gifts? lol
    It has been a frequent occurrence.
    And he is so proud!

Platinum Member
    Last week I came down with an unexpected fever on the night of the 14th. I felt great all day, went to bed, started shivering like crazy- and then the fever came on! It was over 102 for a few days and I was just toughing it out. I knew I should call the doctor but when you are that sick you arenít rational. Plus I was trying to work on a time sensitive project.

Partway through, my oncology pharmacist called me to check in. She insisted o call my doctor. I didnít think it was COVID because I hadnít been anywhere! My pharmacist was concerned about infection. So I called. My doctor wasnít there that day (was on hospital rounds) so a general nurse spoke with me and decided I needed a COVID test.

I was annoyed but in the end I realized that if I wanted to enter the building for bloodwork, they need to rule it out.

I drove over to get the (outdoor) test, waited 1 1/2 hours until my turn, only to find that the orders hadnít come through. So I had to do the same line the next day. Had the test. No results yet. But my fever is down (mostly) now.

And then I went on to pay bills yesterday and I realized I HAD been a few places. And my chemo makes me susceptible. On the 4th I went for a 30 minute X-ray st the hospital. And on the 7th I couldnít stand it so I went to Trader Joeís for a ten minute (first thing in the morning) shopping trip! I came down with the fever on the 14th.

So... who knows. But I seem to be recovering, albeit slowly. Iíve been very stiff and very fatigued.

Sheesh. I guess Iíve learned my lesson. Since Iím immunocompromised, I cannot go anywhere! Ugh!

Platinum Member
    I had to get the X-ray though.

And both places I went, everyone had masks. They also screened at the hospital before entry.

I doubt you had Covid, regular flus are rising early because we have all weakened our immune system.

Being immune deficient doesn't really have much to do with it either. We were told lots of things early on that turned out to be completely false. You shouldn't have stayed home because you felt more at risk, this was something we were all urged to do for just a little while. A month. Imagine how much better the state of things would be if everyone abided. We honestly could've all taken a one month sacrifice (and i fully acknowledge that month would've been far harder for some than others). But if we'd all just did what's best, Covid wouldn't be infecting or killing anywhere near the numbers it still is.

Blame young, dumb, selfish prople who think, "well what's the harm that can come from this one get-together?"

It's evident now that one house party, one wedding, can set us back lightyears.

Fevers are the worst. On top of making us physically miserable, they make us semi-crazy! Hope you feel better soon!!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by LikeWater
    I doubt you had Covid, regular flus are rising early because we have all weakened our immune system.

Being immune deficient doesn't really have much to do with it either. We were told lots of things early on that turned out to be completely false. You shouldn't have stayed home because you felt more at risk, this was something we were all urged to do for just a little while. A month. Imagine how much better the state of things would be if everyone abided. We honestly could've all taken a one month sacrifice (and i fully acknowledge that month would've been far harder for some than others). But if we'd all just did what's best, Covid wouldn't be infecting or killing anywhere near the numbers it still is.

Blame young, dumb, selfish prople who think, "well what's the harm that can come from this one get-together?"

It's evident now that one house party, one wedding, can set us back lightyears.
    Thank you for your thoughts, LikeWater.

I actually DO have to stay home, because I am on chemo. So I am severely immunicompromised and it does have a lot to do with it. Because my body is working hard against the cancer (and that part is going well)., it is less able to handle other insults that come my way. I come from hearty stock (5 siblings) so I have always been able to fight off various viruses that have debilitated others around me. For now, those days are over - until I am able to dose down my meds.

And yes, it could have been a ďfluĒ. It also could have been an infection or something to do with my white blood cells. But first they have to rule out COVID so I can go in for my blood tests. And get my flu shot!

And I have stayed home since mid February! I do have to go to the doctor bimonthly, but it is usually at a cancer center that instituted screening measures early on. All of the patients comply because we are all in the same boat.

Unfortunately I had to go to the hospital to get a lengthy X-ray. My doc probably would have ordered things like that months ago but he was trying to shield me from COVID. But he needed the data, so I went. Which involves going in for a contrast shot, and back again for the X-ray 3 hours later.

But I realize now that - for the first time since early February- I did also briefly go to Trader Joeís. And it felt so good! I was only there for ten minutes. Everyone had masks and it was first thing in the morning.

Both trips would be highly unlikely to result in COVID. For most people. Iím not worried what I had at this point, Iím mostly over it. I just want to get my treatment at the doctors, but cannot go in until I get the all clear.

Yes, young people are often the culprits. I have one in that category (20). Since he has a mom with cancer and lives next door to his grandparents, he has been more cautious than most kids that age. Sweet boy. But - he almost went and moved in to his fraternity! He cancelled last minute!

The frontal lobe is not fully formed until late 20s. Reasoning is not fully there...

And then there are the adults, who apparently never fully developed their brains... That conversation could go on for pages.

Anyhow, Iíll keep you posted on my results.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Jibralta
    Fevers are the worst. On top of making us physically miserable, they make us semi-crazy! Hope you feel better soon!!
    Fever is mostly down now- just at 99.3, which I have had since I had the first weird virus in January, and continued since the other weird virus in February. So back to ďnormal ď on that.

I'm glad to hear that your fight with cancer is going well! My nephew had a genetic form of Leukemia, 4 years old when it suddenly attacked him. I've seen first hand how devasting the treatment can be. I hope you're handling the chemo well. That being the best we have to treat cancer is a tragedy.

Don't stop fighting no matter what.

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice