Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: shadows

Platinum Member
    seven...

i was there...and then i wasn't there. and then i was somewhere else completely...but looking at the place where i'd been. and then it was on tv. and then it was outside. and then it was on tv again. and then...there was a game of soccer. shirts vs. skins. i don't think they were oblvious...but they chose not to engage.

so...this was the 35th. and that...was very odd. i've always wondered about these buildings.

and here...there was much disillusionment. a bit of sadness. but there was also good food...some drinks...and some friendly touches which have a way of lighting one's imagination on fire. but onwards...ever onwards.

i don't recall the name of the restaraunt. but there was a man...and his brother. and there was his brother's friend. and...there was also this man's ex girlfriend of long ago...and that ex girlfriend's step brother (sort of). and also...there was a friend of this sort-of step brother's as well. and they called him ginger...but his hair was not red. the brother's friend...oh she was a delight. so engaging. so personable. a little insane...but a delight all the same. and she was very affectionate with ginger. ''ginja'' is actually how it came out. and there were many...many drinks. wine to start. and the food! so much food. and all fantastic. rich. and then there was dessert...oh yes. espresso and grand marnier...and this is where the man's ex girlfriend of long ago began to change the tune of her song. interesting. and she very much enjoyed the company of the brother's friends. what about the olives? yes. one...two...three of them now...and martinis? where did the martini's come from?

a turn. two turns. the streets are surreal. subdued...but alive. the air burns the nostrils. there's no anger here...but there's an unidentifiable energy in the air...and it's disconcerting.

but now we've come to 'the wall'. and up...up up. and up. this one is 45...and yet another perspective. the lights are intoxicating...and made doubly so by one's intoxication. there's a bed...and a wall of glass...and the lighs...so many lights. and now ginja is in the bed. music fills the room. and the ex girlfriend of the man of long ago is there...and she's reminiscing...remember when she was here last. because this used to be her home, this wall of glass. she was alone...so alone. and this was her comfort. it reminds her of a childhood. and here...in this moment...she is heard. she's here.. completely here. and with everything in this moment that speaks to strangeness...the moment itself is not strange at all.

but the moment passes...as all moments do. and now the brother's friend is back. but she's not really here. she's gone somewhere else...and will likely not be back for the remainder of the evening. but it is of no consequence. because the wall is mesmerizing.

it was just a dream...

just a dream...

romance. Getting Ready for a First Date

Platinum Member
    Hey, you are a VERY good writer! Especially like the poetry.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Silverbirch
    Hey, you are a VERY good writer! Especially like the poetry.
    aw...thanks silver.

didn't think anyone was reading. been a place to purge my thoughts.

Platinum Member
    Yes, I like it! Keep purging Hon!

Platinum Member
    i like your voice mr. rule #6. you have a narrator's voice...like morgan freeman almost. and it's your voice i hear when the words are spoken in my thoughts. there's something in the energy of those waves that i find soothing.

congratulations. you made the wall.

Platinum Member tiredofvampires's Avatar
    I've been lurking here, too. Just so ya know.

I feel hesitant to post when I'm not sure if I fully grasp the nature of the content. It seems so deeply private and almost...secretive. I would even say cryptic. Very intriguing and yes, poetic, agreed with Silverbirch. I feel it'd be presumptuous to issue comments about thoughts that feel quite free-form.

It just makes me feel more contemplative than like posting. But I'm reading, nonetheless.

Same here....was not wanting to interrupt the stream of consciousness..................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..............

Me 4! I lurk in the night watching the stars.....good thing it's 90's journal or that would be just weird! haha Seriously, I do enjoy your journal 90.

Platinum Member tiredofvampires's Avatar
    One thing I love about 90 is that it's totally safe being weird with him. I mean, "weird" as in....just...out there.

You don't get that freedom with many people.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by JonasWaingaro
    Me 4! I lurk in the night watching the stars.....good thing it's 90's journal or that would be just weird! haha Seriously, I do enjoy your journal 90.
    Originally Posted by tiredofvampires
    One thing I love about 90 is that it's totally safe being weird with him. I mean, "weird" as in....just...out there.

You don't get that freedom with many people.
    okay...i'll admit i'm a bit intoxicated at the moment...but i feel really warm with these comments. really. so thank you. sometimes i question my judgement...but for now...i'm just gonna go with it. i'm not sure what it means to be weird...and to inspire that sense of comfort in others. but...i think alcohol has a way of intensifying my appreciation for such things. case and point...mandy from vancouver. see journal entry beginning 'seven' for further info...albeit ambiguous info.

if for even a fleeting moment i'm able to inspire a sense of freedom in another human being...then i have lived a life of excess.

please...call me sleepy.

and for what it's worth...i'll offer something completely straight-forward...that requires little in the way of imagination -- although imagination goes a long way in some cases... as it's been said.

today...while driving home from work...i was frought with desire!! FRAUGHT!!! what a strange word that is. can't recall ever using it to be honest. but...yes...fraught with desire. although now i'm questioning if fraught is indeed the right word...or if perhaps i've just latched onto to it because it feels exciting. it matters not. desire. that's the true object of attention. i had a vision. a bit foggy to be sure...but a vision nonetheless. a P.I.C...partner in crime...a woman!! ha. god it's been a long time since i lived with someone...or even cared to consider the notion. but today...maybe with summer's kiss on my cheek...and a few beers with an old friend...something stirred in my depths. i wanted. just...warmth. a body to come home to. it's the only thing i've ever missed about any relationship. contact. so simple. but that's it. and strangely enough...they're all measured against the one woman i lived with. as much as her face is an illusion to me...she's still influencial in my thoughts at times.

i'm glad this doesn't hurt anymore. because now...reflection is ephemeral...with everything else. i love. there is so much here...and i love it. i...love. can i ever express my gratitude? there was a moment i'm sure...where everything stopped. and in that moment...everything was known. everything. it's not hyperbole...just everything. just...everything. because it is both nothing and everything all at once.

but without that moment...i wouldn't love. i wouldnt' be here. i wouldn't love.

Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice