Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you make of my exes response?

What do you make of my exes response?

I reached out to my ex expressing being disappointment that he resented me so much as I valued him in my life and I was sad that it ended with animosity between us. After months of ignoring me, he replied to this recent email with ďI donít hate you, get over that. I donít have a bad perception of you. Look you and I seem to have an oil and water dynamic, we donít mix well lolĒ i replies with its wasnít fair for him to say we were incompatible as we were compatible for a long time. And just bc we fought didnít mean we were incompatible and it makes me sad that he didnít care about me to stick it out. I asked him why he thought we were incompatible and if he thought there was anything we could do to get over this dynamic. Sadly it took me three emails to get this out so i apologized for overwhelming him with messages and he knew where to find me if he wanted to continue this discussion. He could have simply ignored me like he has done up to now but instead he replied ďnot overwhelmed, lolĒ but didnít bother to answer above question or say not interested or anything else. What do you make of this?

He's not interested in pursuing this dynamic....case closed.

Bronze Member
    You are coming over rather "crazy ex-girlfriend" here, to put it bluntly.

He is not playing games. He is over you, if he ever was seriously into you, he is definitely not anymore. He cannot be bothered with any more drama, he is not interested in explaining anything to you.

Why do you even care? Do you think you can reason or talk him back into thinking that you are compatible, and somehow that could lead to a reconciliation? Actually I know the answer, because if you are over him, why would you even care about how he regards your former relationship?

Maybe you guys had something meaningful, maybe it was only meaningful to you, maybe you were compatible, maybe you were not. It is all irrelevant now. Honestly I think he just used incompatibility as an excuse, a "nice" way to break up with you, because for whatever reason, he just wasn't that into you anymore. It's just a hunch anyway, and as I said, irrelevant.

From his tone and text he's not interested in you and treats you like a joke. This isn't someone you should be speaking with again. There's no respect there at all and he doesn't care what you think anymore. Silences are also a type of answer. You seem angry and upset that he gave up on the relationship or doesn't see anything between the both of you.

I hope you realize he probably does not want to be around that kind of negative vibe and he doesn't want to disagree with you anymore. Coming at him now with yet another disagreement about it only makes you seem a bit strange and pushy. Don't do this anymore. Respect yourself a little more.

Platinum Member
    He is really not interested, OP.

He doesn't care about how compatible you used to be, putting it bluntly. He no longer agrees with you that it can be worked out. That ship has sailed and it sounds like he doesn't want to communicate with you anymore.

Don't reach out to him again.

I'm sorry but it sound like he's not interested in going over things with you.
    He's moving forward and doesn't want to keep going over the past. He's being polite by responding but not engaging in my breakup talk.
    Best thing is to let him be until he reaches out to you.
    Not easy to hear I know.

He obviously doesn't care to consider your feelings nor cares what you think. I'd give it up. Stop trying to figure him out.

When it comes to relationships, you either click or you don't. You can't force it. Both parties need to be empathetic otherwise, it will forever fail.

Don't overthink this. Anytime, a person is complicated, unclear, refuses to explain, expresses themselves in a confusing manner and never on the same wavelength as you, it's time to part ways. This is with anybody; not just men. This applies to both friends and family (relatives / in-laws).

Some people are nothing but self-centered and selfish. If the whole world does not revolve around them, they could care less about you. This is the time when you need to walk away permanently.

Platinum Member
    He has no feelings left it seems. Reserve the last bit of your self respect and never contact him again.

Sorry to hear this. How long were you dating? When did you break up?What was the breakup about? Unfortunately sending provocative messages like this hoping to reignite a dialogue doesn't work, as you found out. Let it rest and focus on you.
    Originally Posted by charis32
    it took me three emails to get this out so i apologized for overwhelming him with messages and he knew where to find me if he wanted to continue this discussion.

Well I agree with everyone. I just donít get why he bothered replying when i said you no where to find me if you want to continue the convo but otherwise left it open for him not to respond/ ignore me, which is what he usually does.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice