Guys- Smelly crotch...

This question is mainly for guys who may know what im talking about, girls can answer too. My boyfriend wanted me to give him oral today and i got down there and the smell was terrible. I couldnt even bare it. I didnt wanna say anything to him so i ended up hurting his feelings saying i didnt feel like it..

Anyway...guys is this because he isnt washing down there? Something else? Its like a dirty smell..i cant really explain it but its unbearable. I could never mention it to him because it would be embarrassing and uncomfortable on both parts. What can i do about this smell?!

I have noticed that some men just have a unique odor,

I wouldn't necessarily say that they don't wash down there normally,

But that you should before participating in oral,

Can you say, hey, how about we shower beforehand?,

That way it isn't localized to his smell, and you make him comfortable,

Or you could use those hygeine wipes at the store,

Or strawberry/chocolate syrup to blend away the smell

Hugs,

Rose

This is a problem for me sometimes too and I suggested the shower and he didn't want to. So I used the excuse of not wanting hair in my mouth so I used those wet wipe things to clean him off before.

I figure if a guy wants sex bad enough he'll tidy up down there.

I thought about telling him I don't want to get an infection.

Maybe what I'm really afraid of if i say something he'll with hold sex from me.

I thought about not bathing for a few days and see how he likes it too.

Hmmm Tyler.....do you have a "smelly crotch" story to share with us??

Actually I have a very disturbing story some girl told me about her mans unit and such. But not for public consumption sorry.

LADIES just tell you man you dont like the smell. Be blunt but make sure you are saying that its NOT a problem with him. Logic logic logic. Most guys will get it. I certainly wouldnt have a problem with a girl saying

"Hey Ty, I understand you get a little sweaty having to walk around with such a MASSIVE unit but Im not really into sweaty balls. Mind having a shower."

This is much different from the approach most girls (who are supposed to be more sensitive) take and saying "eeewwww yucky." Come on girls its not efffing worms in your hair!

Guys a generally logical so be sensitive but blunt.

could be a fungal infection too, have him talk to his doctor, might get cleared up with jock itch spray.

If you both love each other, consider marriage? Ask him, see what he says, that way you'll know if you have a future together. Pre-marital sex is a sin, after marriage, you can have as much sex as you want, with no guilt.

take care and God bless

Well since his junk has an {removed by mod} for a neighbor, I wouldn't expect it to smell like a rose garden. On top of that, there isn't a whole lot of access to wind to carry away that perspiration at the end of the day. If it smells like old rice, he is fine. If it smells like you have just run over a skunk in the road that had just rolled in it's own feces; or if the smell brings tears to your eyes, like when you are chopping an onion, then take him to see a doctor.

well... you know, I've had several boyfriends where smell was never an issue for me. and I have a very sensitive nose! it does make me wonder if he is either not bathing enough, or if there is a medical problem. if he bathes regularly and is healthy, smell should not be any trouble at all.

it happens.....................does he play sports at all?

i used to play soccer. i could smell pretty ripe after a game or to.

i never smell from going about my daily business. i have multiple girlfriends that never had a problem going down. more often then not they would be the ones asking to go down. not a bad problem to have i guess.

as for the ladies...................keep that thing clean aswell!!!!!!!

if its clean ill spend some time talking to it. if its funky im running for the hills!!!!!!!!!

I notice the smell much more when a guy is uncircmsized. This isn't a problem itself, but it just means he needs to take a little more care to clean himself. I don't know if this is the case with your boy.

That being said, the only time I really enjoy oral sex is in the shower. No need to worry about cleaning up. It's warm and fun!

If you both love each other, consider marriage? Ask him, see what he says, that way you'll know if you have a future together. Pre-marital sex is a sin, after marriage, you can have as much sex as you want, with no guilt.

take care and God bless

She's 18! I get the feeling that she is NOT ready for marriage. Some people don't believe that sex is a sin because they are not religious & even if she is, why does she need to feel guilty for something that is totally natural? I think that reply was very unnecessary.

• 5 months later...

Hello I read your post and thought I might offer some helpful advise.

More than likely your boyfriend has a type of yeast infection. Guys can get them too. They can be transmitted sexually. As I'm sure you know they like to thrive in dark moist places. After a shower and what not they get more active due to the moisture, etc.

Anyway, Go to a real health food store; probably not a GNC or vitamin shop unless that's all you have. But look for something called "Aciddophilus"; the yeast can not live in the body aslong as your taking the Aciddophilus.

A good brand is Jarro-Dophilus EPS their are other good brands as well. They will be a bit pricy, around $18-$60, try to get one that fights the most number of yeast bacteria stands. the Jarro-Dolphuis fights 8 different strands with good bacteria. Also diet can play a part if you can cut out White flour, mayo, cheese and dairy.

Another thing to get is a Candida product. NOW makes one called Candida Clear for around $14. This also fights the yeast infection.

Remember it's really not from poor hygiene; its just life. Live and learn. Good Luck!

This is a problem for me sometimes too and I suggested the shower and he didn't want to. So I used the excuse of not wanting hair in my mouth so I used those wet wipe things to clean him off before.

I figure if a guy wants sex bad enough he'll tidy up down there.

I thought about telling him I don't want to get an infection.

Maybe what I'm really afraid of if i say something he'll with hold sex from me.

I thought about not bathing for a few days and see how he likes it too.

wow

I dont know if I could sleep with someone for very long if I couldnt be open with them

yuck. tell him that you have to be in the mood to give oral and usually that means after a bath together! if it is a big thing in your relationship then just mention it to him, nicely of course.

incidentally, your bf should wash there twice a day, and maybe use talc to keep himself dry.

This question is mainly for guys who may know what im talking about, girls can answer too. My boyfriend wanted me to give him oral today and i got down there and the smell was terrible. I couldnt even bare it. I didnt wanna say anything to him so i ended up hurting his feelings saying i didnt feel like it..

Anyway...guys is this because he isnt washing down there? Something else? Its like a dirty smell..i cant really explain it but its unbearable. I could never mention it to him because it would be embarrassing and uncomfortable on both parts. What can i do about this smell?!

You should tell him. Irish Spring soap and a shower everyday, or at least every 2nd day would be helpful. Also, clean underwear and clean pants are a must. Less pubic hair makes it easier to wash. So maybe a trim is in order too.

You can't get him to do those things, unless you explain your reasons. Otherwise, he won't do them.

Interesting. Acidophilus is in yogurt that has live cultures, which is what I buy when I buy Lucerne, which is Safeway brand.

However, I still suspect bad hygiene. Maybe both?

If he really has a yeast infection, wouldn't some UV light also help? Like some nude tanning? Any fake'n bake place should do. Perhaps some looser cotton underpants would help too. Also, I'd read that yeast infection in men is what they commonly call "jock itch" and it's the same yeast infection that causes "atheletes foot". The same sprays that are for atheletes foot also work for men with jock itch.

I had atheletes foot a couple years ago. So I sunbathed in the back yard every day for about 15 minutes for top of feet and 15 for bottoms. That cured it in about 3 days time.

Well since his junk has an {removed by mod} for a neighbor, I wouldn't expect it to smell like a rose garden. On top of that, there isn't a whole lot of access to wind to carry away that perspiration at the end of the day. If it smells like old rice, he is fine. If it smells like you have just run over a skunk in the road that had just rolled in it's own feces; or if the smell brings tears to your eyes, like when you are chopping an onion, then take him to see a doctor.

You made me laugh and think of a new poem.

Archived