My ex and I have been broke up with little contact for about 4 months now. We dated for 2 years and we're friends before that happened. I'm her longest relationship and took her virginity and for a long period her world. She never initiates but waves when she sees me and usually responds if I text her but she can go 3 weeks without us speaking. I was the dumpee an She immediately started searching for a new relationship. After our BU about 1-2 months in she found a sweet guy that "treats her like gold" which is what she wanted. I feel like their relationship moved way faster than ours did but I'm not labeling it as not real. In alot stories of exs coming back I have noticed its way more common for guys to come back after being the dumper and jumping into new relationships. Please Nothing negative The old women on her are heartless and bitter. Is there any stores of ex girlfriends returning?

If you are looking for inspirational stories and encouragement then you are in the wrong place my friend. This is not negativity this is the truth. One of my exes treated me terrible, i stuck with him because i loved him, i thought he was the person i would spend the rest of my life with, i had already planned my future with him....but enough was enough and once i was out of it and found someone who treated me like gold, i never looked back.

Sure, getting back together with someone isn't impossible, but its not a matter of whether its possible, its whether its PROBABLE. Would i go back to someone who treated me badly after i found someone who didn't? Probably not.

Haha I'm not heartless and bitter, and I qualify as old on here, lol.

Yes they come back. But they tell each others a rule, which is "never go back", for a reason. Relationships end up being SSDD unless someone endures life changing circumstances or forces themselves to grow. To her, you're the same guy, she won't go back because she already tried and it didn't work.

Another saying I made up for myself, decades ago when I had to let go of my first love, a sweet smart man. "Don't live your future trying to save the past. "

Sure they come back sometimes. Not often though and no one on the face of the planet can tell you what your odds of it happening are.

That's why it's best to go NC and heal. It allows you to move on and if they really want to, they know where to find you.

She's moved on, you should work on moving on as well.

Do exgirlfriends come back?

Sometimes. That's why I strongly suggesting changing the locks on doors, blocking on social media, getting a new car and wearing a disguise when practical. Then maybe they won't recognize you.

I got married to a woman, divorced her, then remarried her again. Now we're getting another divorce. Would have saved us a world of hurt if we had just stayed apart.

There is an entire 180+ page thread on this forum with stories of people who got back together. Feel free to comb through it to see if any of those stories match yours. Someone else's story isn't a predictor of what will happen with yours though. Why did you treat your girlfriend poorly? Figure that out, work it out, & don't repeat the same mistake in your future relationship(s).

I would not go back to someone who treated me poorly, especially after experiencing someone kind. That is not heartlessness or bitterness speaking; that is wisdom.

I pushed to better myself and I know things now I wish I knew then. I have grown as a person.

4 months is nothing. I wouldn't believe you've grown/changed/improved until you overcame a challenge and were truly tested. More likely, you are not well suited anyway. The biggest mistake a man makes in this arena is using her opinions as indicators of how he needs to grow. Become whoever it is that is most natural to you. (Maybe you are doing that, but tough to do when still pining over an ex.)

There is an entire 180+ page thread on this forum with stories of people who got back together. Feel free to comb through it to see if any of those stories match yours. Someone else's story isn't a predictor of what will happen with yours though. Why did you treat your girlfriend poorly? Figure that out, work it out, & don't repeat the same mistake in your future relationship(s).

I would not go back to someone who treated me poorly, especially after experiencing someone kind. That is not heartlessness or bitterness speaking; that is wisdom.

Just to make things easier.

You think you want to get back together, but it's going to be the same thing all over again. She wants something new that hasn't already failed once, and you're better off wanting the same. Believe me when I tell you that you will find other women just as attractive and the hurt will lessen. If she isn't reaching out to you and you both are trying to find ways to never let a breakup happen again, it means that she isn't interested enough in getting back together. Trying to make it work again, single handed, is simply lowering yourself to being an acceptable alternative to no one better working out for her. Even if you were the one who caused the original breakup (not sure that is the case).

Do yourself a favor, save your money for the next 8 months and then treat yourself to a singles vacation in the Caribbean or something. Being single can rock if you let it.

Haha the vacation sounds great. I was immature and not treating her with thought or really listening to the reasons she was upset. My biggest issue was communicating. I have bettered myself in the past few months. I've been more driven and focused than i have been. Life goes on and I mean I am moving forward just deep down I feel like there's unfinished business between us. IN the beginning the changes were for her but now I see I just wanna be the best me with or without her.

Archived