Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Gold Member

How to turn down a married man?

Need advice on how to say no, politely and without offending.

Since I've had a few drinks.... I would say, 'Hey jerkwad - why don't you go #*$& your WIFE?'

For the older, single men, just say thank you, but you aren't looking for anything right now.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1.

There is only one way: Be FIRM and mean it. You say "Absolutely NO. Do I need to remind you that you're married?" And then you walk away. If he persists, tell him you'll tell his wife.
    Inner peace begins the moment you choose not to allow another person or event to control your emotions.

Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it will always get you the right ones.

Gold Member
    This is a friend's friend's husband. That's why I'm trying to be polite.

You don't owe him anything. You can still be firm, but polite at the same time. Just mean what you say.
    Inner peace begins the moment you choose not to allow another person or event to control your emotions.

Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it will always get you the right ones.

I would tell the friend's friend what her skeezy husband is up to. There is NOOOO need to be polite.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1.

Quote Originally Posted by annie24 View Post
    I would tell the friend's friend what her skeezy husband is up to. There is NOOOO need to be polite.
    Annies24 is ALWAYS spot on in her advice, even loaded.
    -"The rules of fair play do not apply in love and war. -" John Lyly 'Euphues' (1578)

Yeah I don't see the need to be polite. Just be honest? Tell him you're not interested in him, married men in general, or doing anything to hurt your friend.

Gold Member
    I'd just say, "I don't date married men" and leave it at that. Not insulting, just true.

"I do not be part of what will destroy your marriage even though you do not value it".
    "I will not have this burden weighing on me for the rest of my life".
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the World will know peace -Sri Chinmoy Ghose

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Contrary to the common belief that online dating is only for the young individuals, the new research by two Bowling Green State University professors ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
How much are men willing to spend while dating highly depends on a number of women available around them, claims a new research by the University of ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that the real problem for unemployed men is not that they cannot pay their bills, but that they actually cannot get dates, a new survey ...