Lesbian Friend. Wrong Reaction?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Speaking as your best friend I know your not a bad friend but I don't really know what to say. I think everyone was really surprised. I'm not talking to her right now either but I think we should invite her out to dinner with us tonight,

you need to stay online for more then 5 seconds sometimes...we could invite her to dinner I guess.

Regarding your gay friends:

Have you heard their coming-out stories?

Don't you think they told friends like you when they felt strong enough?

I really hope you call her and clear the air. Friends don't grow on trees.

I've never heard their coming out stories. This was all kind of bad timing considering were all leaving for college in 3 months.

you need to stay online for more then 5 seconds sometimes...we could invite her to dinner I guess.

I think that'd be a really good idea. Let her know you still care. I'm assuming all three of you are really close... it would probably mean a lot to her. Coming out in highschool is rough... people are rude, inconsiderate... she needs you now more than other time, I'm sure.

Speaking from some experience, the closet is both the safest and the most painful place to be.

She wasn't lying, she was trying to protect herself. And if she lives in a place where she can expect to be though of as evil or sick or ill... can you really blame her for not wanting to have the stigma of being gay and keeping it to herself?

I understand you are shocked, but you have to get over your own insecurities pretty quickly before too much damage is done to her and your friendship. She probably already feels alone and in pain from her friends reactions.

When she was in the changing room, I can pretty much assure you she wasn't checking anyone out, she was feeling awkward and doing her best not to show any tells.

I hope you're all able to make this work out. Friends are precious.

I know our soccer team is against this completely. They've basically decided theyre not playing with her which really sucks because our soccer team has been together for years and now it's all messed up. I don't know if she'll even want to stay on the team.

I know our soccer team is against this completely. They've basically decided theyre not playing with her which really sucks because our soccer team has been together for years and now it's all messed up. I don't know if she'll even want to stay on the team.

But, why? Are they all that uncomfortable with it? I don't think I'd want to be on that team either, if they were going to be like that

god... i can't imagine how stressed out she is right now or how hard this is on her. Has she told her family yet? Some people (soccer team) can be SO immature. To gang up on someone like that simply because of a sexual preference... poor girl. You and Maddi should call her up right now...if for no other reason, just to see how she's holding up.

But, why? Are they all that uncomfortable with it? I don't think I'd want to be on that team either, if they were going to be like that

At our school it's basically like being gay it the worst thing ever. I wouldn't doubt if they refuse to play until she's off the team or something like that. I'm team captain so it kind of puts me in a bad position because it's like do I stick up for my onefriend or have me entire team hate me.

Our soccer team is soo close and we do everything together and they don't want her on the team, theyve made that quite clear. Once a couple people decide theyre against the idea of her being a lesbian basically the whole team jumps on board, mostly out of fear I think.

At our school it's basically like being gay it the worst thing ever. I wouldn't doubt if they refuse to play until she's off the team or something like that. I'm team captain so it kind of puts me in a bad position because it's like do I stick up for my onefriend or have me entire team hate me.

You could stick up for what you think is right, and possibly find out who agrees that discrimation is wrong.

That's quite scary, actually. That much close-mindedness. I dunno, talk to her, see if she wants to be on the team, if not, then ok, but she shouldn't have to drop out of a good team because of this. I really think the school need to grow up if it's even half as bad as you say, or they will get a shock when they get into the real world.

Well see everyone pretends they don't discriminate and theyre sooo ok with gay people. If some random person just came to our school theyd never know it. Once people start talking about what they really think you can tell the problems with our school.

I go to a private school in Newport Coast. Most of the kids that go there are of the same mold, rich and either smart, beautiful, or athletic, sometimes all of those things. Our school is not diverse at all. I think people get so used to how things are as soon as somethings differnt its like a huge thing.

Archived