My long distance boyfriend is moving back here to South Bend tomorrow!! Finally!! He should be here tomorrow evening so I'm trying to find ANYTHING to pass the time.

He used to live here. He moved to South Carolina a couple years ago, then about a year ago he was back up here visiting some people. My friend dragged me to go hang out with them, it was 3am and I was half asleep already [side note...I had just gotten my car and we couldn't figure out how to turn the dome light on. We drove with my doors open so the light would come on and we could throw on some makeup ]. We hit it off right away.

We continued to talk, then he came back for a week in June and it was even more fun than the first time, fast forward to December and he was here for 2 weeks and once again, even more fun! He finally decided he wanted to be back up here, and wanted to make things official. Sooo yes these past few months have been really really hard without him, but he did surprise me by flying up here for my birthday! All that money just to spend 2 days together

That was the very very short story. I am just so excited...I am going to make sure though that we don't spend every second together, right away, I know that can't really be healthy. I could go on and on about how amazing he is but I don't wanna come accross as one of those young kids that doesn't know what she's talking about. I promise I actually do though!

Thanks for reading. Now I have to go find something ELSE to pass the time...

Congrats!

Remember to take things slow and keep your own interests. That will keep him intrigued, and prevent the "ugly realities" of a local relationship suddenly OVERWHELMING him. Keep in mind that a LOT of your allure right now is the fact that he can't have you just whenever he wants...

Nothing wrong with dating him and enjoying his company, but BE SENSIBLE for your sake and his... No reason to see each other more than a couple/few times a week just because he's local. It's hard, but it will pay off.

Archived