Asking my GF to trim/shave...?

Firefly

Hi,

I've recently been intimate with my new girlfriend for the first time. Everything went fine but I had a problem with the amount of pubic hair she had. It was completely "au naturale" and there was quite a lot of it.

Now, this is the first time I've ever experienced this on a girl and had been dreading that I ever would as I find it a major turn off. I didn't let her know it bothered me by words or actions and carried on as normal.

The problem is I really like this girl and am attracted to her in every way, but her having too much hair down there is really putting me off wanting to have sex with her. Don't get me wrong - I won't let it stop me being with her, but at the same time I find it very unattractive.

Is there a way I can ask her if she'd consider shaving it or trimming it down? I don't want to let her know I find it unattractive as that would make me a jerk, but I really need to ask her to consider doing this for me.

How should I go about appraoching this issue? Advice from the ladies would be great with this.

Many Thanks,

F.

ps - I trim my own hair, so maybe this is a way of appraoching it.

Could I ask, how old is she??? and is she the type of girl to read glossy magazines etc?? I know this sounds like an insane question, but if you answer me - it just might help us a little!!!!

Makes sense, how to ask her without insulting her and stuff

lol I know this sounds weird but I joked all the time with my ex about sexual innuendos and stuff and I'm pretty sure if I said Hey babe, I love you the way you are but would be ok if you could trim down there a little? It'll make it easier for me to navigate

hahaha you can only say that if you joke around a lot and she's comfortable around you.

Thanks for the quick help. To answer the questions:

Yes, I've gone down on her. She tasted great but the hair in my mouth really put me off. I'd think it would be much more pleasurable for both of us if it were smooth

She is 25.

She is into glossy magazines, fashion ones especially. She pampers herself lots and spends a fortune on self-care products

Okay... well, I'd have thought most women that are all into glossy chic mags would be keyed into the whole 'trimming' thing at least - so perhaps it's not that it's gone over her head - but rather it's a choice she has made to stay au natural.... so, this means you have to play it safe....

Do you guys bath together???? Make it foreplay... rub on some shaving cream and whip out a razor and give her a wink, tell her this "I hear that the less hair the more the woman will feel every little move" or something to that effect - make out like you're doing it for her!!!!!... you'll find out either way!!!! hehe!!!

I have friends who just had no idea about what other women do 'down there', they were 26 and 27 before they began 'trimming', or going brazilian... some had never even tidied up their bikini line... But - be wary - if it's a conscious decision she has made... you have to be careful not to offend her!

Oh, and don't go for the brazilian straight up.... use the razor to give her a cute little racing stripe or something.... and hint towards the scissor trim too... just make it fun and sexy... once she cops a feel she'll never turn back (the other thing to keep in mind is she's gonna get mad itchy the first time she has a shave there - so be prepared with some sorbolene or something to soothe it also!) Extra brownie points for coming prepared!!! hehe

Or - no, wait - maybe you could tell her how much you looooove going down on her but you've heard that its so much better for the girl if she's bare and if she wants to try it. Worked for my bf

Exactly the point I was trying to make! Well said!!!!

see I've always gone waxed brazilian.. It just feels gross when there's hair everywhere.

Has she not had many sexual partners? maybe this is why.. if its as wild as you say it is.. I can't imagine another guy not saying something... unless he likes to floss everytime he goes down there

I was totally shocked when i first saw it - I didn't show it though as I didn't want to make her any more uncomfortable than she already was (being our first time together).

It did concern me as a conscious decision as she is so well preened in every other aspect of herself.

I got the feeling she had trimmed her bikini line too,as there were some shaving marks there.

So I a m worried it's a conscious decision.

I'm not sure how many sexual partners she has had, but she has been in 2 serious relationships and a few short-term relationships that would have been sexual. She does not sleep around outside of relationships though.

Maybe none of her previous guys were bothered by it.

I think I'll take the approach of asking her if she has ever trimmed it before. Maybe suggest it will feel better for her and make it better for me too.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm just really worried as to what to do if she says she won't even consider doing it as it really turns me off

Be careful in approaching the issue. Try not to let her know it turns you off. If a guy told me my hair turned him off, I would feel hurt and offended. I would also feel like he was brainwashed and didn't know how to appreciate a natural female body.

ouch, that's a tough situation. if she's really into the "all natural" thing, then you're just gonna have to live with it. a girl should never have to change the way she wants to be for a guy. HOWEVER, i dont think that asking her to at least trim should be a problem. just bring it up in a really nice way and ask her if she wouldnt mind trying something for you. then, ask for that very special favor. or, the two of you could make a sexy scene out of it and take a bubble bath together and trip up on each other.

I'm with amber. I would be mortified if my guy told me I was too hairy down there.

I would also find it scary if he whipped out a razor in the shower.

To bring up the converstaion, this is one of the very few times I would take an indirect approach so you don't hurt your lady's feeings. I would ask her what she liked with respect to YOUR trimming. Say, "hey, what do prefer a guy to do...shave/trim or not?" This will get the conversation going. Then you can tell her that you love going down, but it's a lot more fun when there is less/no hair, in your opinion. Just leave it at that. If she is comfortable trimming and wants you to be happy, she will take the hint and do it.

Hey, come to think of it.... was your first sexual experience together planned or happened a little out of the blue - sooner than expected?

Perhaps if you guys hadn't been active before then she is just one of those "don't shave til you need to" girls... and you caught her off guard?

Perhaps next time if it's a planned sleep over or something you will find she's all trimmed and neat and tidy?

Archived