How do I compliment a very TALL girl?

SuperSport

Theres this girl i see at work 2 or 3 times a week. She is about 2 inches shorter than me (I'm 6'4) Ive never talked to her yet, and im sure she gets compliments all the time like "youre tall" or something lame like that. I wanted to know if any of you had a creative thing to say to her. Since she is only a little shorter than me, she is MUCH taller than other guys. Any ideas that wouldnt sound rude or something that she's heard over and over again. Thanks.

I'm not really sure height is the kind of thing you compliment somebody about?

But since you are taller than her, maybe you can get away with saying this:

"Hows the weather down there".

I know it is corny, but it is a play on the old tired joke "how is the weather up there" and shows that you recognize that she has probably heard some dumb ones in her time.

how about not saying something about her height? because I'm sure people tell her that all day (like she doesn't know but not in a way that is flattering. because telling someone that they are tall isn't much of a compliment, it is just stating a fact much like, "your hair is brown."

what about telling her something like, "I like your hairstyle" or "that's a really nice blouse" or "you have a great smile." tailor it to whatever else it is you like about her.

good luck!

Hum, it strikes me as very strange that you would want to basically have a pick-up line based on her height?

I'll agree that you are tall is a fact.

If you really do want a pick-up line, I would skip the whole height thing.. she probably got teased for it for ages while young.. and probably has accepted it now but you know... It's not really a compliment in the first place.

I'm 5'11" myself and my boyfriend said that one of the reasons he was attracted to me because of my height (he's about 6'5"). I kinda liked that because some tall guys really like the shorter ladies for some reason, and I liked having my height appreciated (especially after towering over my other dates!). (Course, he did compliment me on other things, so it wasn't just the one aspect!)

I like the basketball joke too

how about not saying something about her height? because I'm sure people tell her that all day (like she doesn't know but not in a way that is flattering. because telling someone that they are tall isn't much of a compliment, it is just stating a fact much like, "your hair is brown."

awesome!!

You wouldnt tell a 5'7" "I like your average height"...

How about complimenting her as you would anyone one else..

Ie about something you find attractive or nice about her. That is a compliment. Because its true, its sincere. Anything else is picked up as contrived.

Another poster mentioned basket ball. Excellent to get her laughing, shows your a fun guy.... Thats not what a compliment is for.

Make her laugh, shows your fun to be around... V good pluss point.

Compliment her positive atributes. ... Shows you have noticed her !!! Extreamly good pluss points.

In others words, everything about you should be positive, she will notice this...and that equates to noticing you...

Do you think SHE may mention something about me being taller than her? Since she towers over most guys, and shes probably not used to it. She keeps eyeing me, and i caught her before scoping me out. I was facing a wall with a picture frame and in the reflective glass of the frame i could see her scoping me out, but when i turned around she was looking at something else suprisingly. She didn't know i saw her!

As someone tall (6ft+) - it's a wonderful change to see someone taller (and even more to date one ;-) )

However, there's really no point in saying anything about the height! Us tall girls get so many comments about it in general- but like Aurian said - you could mention it later "oh I was attracted by your height, etc)

Aurian- I agree! Why do the tall guys go after the really short girls???

i also like tall girls, i'm fairly tall, and it comes down to practical matters, I like them a couple of cm shorter than me, not for psychological reasons, more that you want someone similar height so you don’t need a step/sore neck when you kiss. And a few cm shorter makes the body ratio just right for spooning.

In the end it’s the personality that really matters. Tall beautiful woman often only get noticed superficially by superficial guys that only look at her superficial aspects. It is much more meaningful to show her that you are interested in her for her personality.

then shaq her shot and laugh. hahaha. jk.

do not comment on her height. she is used to it by now. comment on her eyes and how they are actually on your level. it's amazing. lol

or say wow, now you are a woman i can look up to.

jk. find something other than height. make comments about her height when you are on a date with her later.

.........................................................................................................................................................................................

i have met some really tall women before an make height jokes to them though. i'm 6'3. same boat. if i meet a chick 5'10 or taller i usually make a height joke. really harmless though. "dam, what are you like 5'2". they usally look at me funny. but it gets me talking to them.

.........................................................................................................................................................................................

I like addictedblue and chet's advice on making good jokes. Also what others have said about just ignoring it and complimenting other things about her. I'm not that tall but am taller than most girls. I always found it nice when someone would compliment my height genuinley, my hubby always says he "LOVES how tall I am" and how he thinks its perfect.

Without sounding like a perv you could try to compliment the long legs.

Tall girls can be self conscious about their height so I think compliments are nice, but not in a "wow you're really tall" kind of way, more like a "your beauty is excentuated by your height" (too cheezy eesh) kind of way. You get the idea.