BIG RED FLAGS. A list:

Kalika

• 6 years later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Recently realised that someone's past is a huge red flag. I know people say past doesn't matter, present does etc. But if you know they did things in the past that you are not comfortable with, that's a red flag.

Another red flag can be when the relationship starts completely unexpectedly, they can't explain why, and suddenly they find themselves completely infatuated for you.

totally agree with infatuation thing. My ex was so crazy for me at the beginning, there was not a single day he would not message me and ironically now I'm dumped and ignored, while he is pursuing a new interest.

also agree on having not many friends being a red flag. He had only online friends -- quite telling and if a person is not capable of maintaining friendship relationships, they won't be capable of maintaining a healthy romantic relationship.

totally agree with infatuation thing. My ex was so crazy for me at the beginning, there was not a single day he would not message me and ironically now I'm dumped and ignored, while he is pursuing a new interest.

also agree on having not many friends being a red flag. He had only online friends -- quite telling and if a person is not capable of maintaining friendship relationships, they won't be capable of maintaining a healthy romantic relationship.

wow yes, my ex was the same...

another flag id like to say i noticed but ignored was when i'd be upset about something it wasn't enough for her to fix it because i was upset or hurt... i had to validate my reasons for being hurt, yuck

I strongly disagree with holidays and the sex part. I don't celebrate various holidays for both religious and personal reasons. Valentines day is one of them, i surprise my girlfriend with little things, bring her coffee at work sometimes (I'm a truck driver I'm near her work).

The sex thing, I've put a little pressure on her to try new things, and she's ended up loving them, it's more so "i love you, this is something we both can enjoy", however i never make her, or make her feel bad because if she's not enjoying it i will stop.

The biggest red flag for me is some one who jumps into things way too fast, and cannot have a disagreement with out it turning into a fight. To me, arguments and disagreements are good, it builds communication, you work through it together and form stronger bonds.

• 2 weeks later...

Another obvious red flag I just now realised, when they have this type of discourse: where were you all my life? I'm going to be with you forever, you're all that I want, I'll always be here for you, I can't imagine my life without you.

Archived