How to Respond to Break up lines?

Hey, I was wondering if there are any good ways to respond to some break up lines? such as:

"Its not your fault, its me"

"I dont love you in that way anymore"

"Your a really nice guy, but..."

Im afraid I will need to know how to respond to some of these fairly soon.

Yay, first post.

Haha! That cracked me up. Might work.

To the OP: Why do you need help coming up with a response? You don't need to be clever or funny, and if you're expecting a break up, why not bring it up yourself and completely surprise her?

Smile and say something like:

"Shhhh, don't worry. Don't say anything. You know you can always change your mind and come to me."

with a really deep and confident voice, please.

Ya agree with them 100% and sigh with relief when they tell you.

Pull a reverse and see their reaction.

-SuperDave71

That's psychological game playing and will get you nowhere. I'm all for doing whatever it takes, but this method has been proven to be 100% ineffective at accomplishing anything. Only confusion, frustration, and wasted time ensue.

Too many problems are caused by bottling up or misrepresenting feelings. This looks to be the root cause of relationship problems in general, the inability to communicate your true feelings to the other person, whether they be good or bad emotions.

you don't agree with someone who dumps you, you're worth more than that. Unless you did something REALLY wrong like abuse or cheating, then you can't buy into what they're saying. If you do, then you have no self confidence and she's gonna notice. And girls are very adept at spotting out poor psychological game playing and they will dismiss you because of that as well.

Hey there Heloladies,

I disagree with ya. I respect your advice and definitely your opinion so please bear with me.

I DO NOT PLAY GAMES...ever. I use this to be a better man NOT a game. Despite my feeling of utter humiliation, I will try to muster some sort of dignity out of such a horrible situation. Its one thing to disagree with a breakup but what is begging and pleading going to do..NOTHING...Not a single thing.

By agreeing with your ex despite if you agree or not allows the ex to be more comfortable with their decison as well as doubt their decision. I woudl rather leave with dignity and let them go silently than begging and pleading.

So again, I 100% disagree with your statement above.

Let's just say..we agee to disagree

Thanks for your post,

Your Friend,

SuperDave71

I believe what SD meant by "Pull a reverse and see their reaction" is that most dumpers expect the dumpee to beg, plead, cry, etc. which is the first thing a dumpee will always do.

So what you do is "Ya agree with them 100% and sigh with relief when they tell you." and then show apathy by smiling and accepting their decision then turn and walk away. This will throw off the dumper and the balls is your court...

p.s. that's what I did to my ex. When she said "I think we need to stop dating." the first thing came to my mind was "after 5 years we're dating?!" I thought we were in a relationship So what was the first thing came out of my mouth? "Okay, then may I please have my house keys and truck keys, and here are yours". At times I regret saying it, but most of the time I'm glad I did it...