Myers-Briggs Personality Test

Gecko

I'm sure there's been plenty of these kinds of posts in the past but this stuff fascinates me.

Go here to take the test and find your type:

link removed

Find snapshots and more in-depth info on your type here:

link removed

link removed

My type: INFP

INFPs direct their energy towards the inner world of thoughts and emotions. They give importance to particular ideas or beliefs, focusing on those things that they belief in most strongly. They prefer dealing with patterns and possibilities, especially for people. They prefer to undertake work that has a meaningful purpose.

Of course these tests can't tell nearly everything about a person's character but I find them surprisingly accurate for what they can tell.

What's your type?

I feel that I should point out that the first test you linked to is not the Myers-Brigg test, but, as it said, it's the Jung typology test. Very different. The other links require payment in order to access the true Myers-Briggs test.

That's a shame that you have to pay for it now. I took the true Myers-Briggs several years ago (it's around 200 questions, I think) and scored as an INTP.

i'm an ESFP definitley fits me perfect

SPs sometimes think and talk in more of a spider-web approach. Several of my ESFP friends jump from thought to thought in mid-sentence, touching here or there in a manner that's almost incoherent to the listener, but will eventually cover the waterfront by skipping on impulse from one piece of information to another. It's really quite fascinating.

ESFPs love to talk to people about people. Some of the most colorful storytellers are ESFPs. Their down-to-earth, often homespun wit reflects a mischievous benevolence.

and this one fits me the best

Some can be identified by the twenty minute conversation required to ask or answer a simple factual question.

I was an INTJ when I took myers briggs properly a few years ago and INFJ just now with this Jung one.

Issue is what to do with this information! I took mine originally when I was having problems with a troublesome boss and tried to get help, but unfortunately her type was BULLY and the issue was only resolved by me leaving.

I just took this test. My boss wanted everyone to take it. I guess he wants to know how we think. It's stupid.

Do I prefer a schedule or sponteneity? Both. I like following a schedule of my own making, but it's mostly because I get a sinful pleasure out of breaking the schedule. And I don't like to follow other people's schedules.

Do I find it easy to talk to new people at a party? Well yeah, but not if they're boring. Who wants to talk to boring, unoriginal, self-absorbed people (ie: 25% of the population)?

Impulse or Decision? Umm.. how about brilliant impulse decisions?

This test is so one-dimensional.

I just took this test. My boss wanted everyone to take it. I guess he wants to know how we think. It's stupid.

Do I prefer a schedule or sponteneity? Both. I like following a schedule of my own making, but it's mostly because I get a sinful pleasure out of breaking the schedule. And I don't like to follow other people's schedules.

Do I find it easy to talk to new people at a party? Well yeah, but not if they're boring. Who wants to talk to boring, unoriginal, self-absorbed people (ie: 25% of the population)?

Oh, come on hazy amber, tell us what type are you (I bet it has J included

I'm guessing INFP?

Let's say that most internet based tests are not really efficient, one should look to someone who knows well about socionics to give him an accurate type... Those tests are based on preferences and cannot really give a good idea sometimes... And the most important thing about that is that socionics are mostly important when you consider interactions between persons, they are not an horoscope or a prescription about who you are... they are a typology based on social interrelationships...

Anyway, I'm a hopeless INFP, why am I trying to do a logical statement here ?

I think that most of us here are xxFx type for most logical (xxTx) type person would never end up on a forum asking for advices from strangers...

I am ISFJ

slightly expressed introvert

slightly expressed sensing personality

distinctively expressed feeling personality

moderately expressed judging personality

I read the book and took the test before and was INFP.

I wonder if the personality can change over time.

In the past few years I have made a consious effort to make plans.

Great post. Obviously not a flawless test, but it's still quite accurate and fun to see what different people get.

I've usually scored INFP... which is fairly accurate.

But I've been thinking... I seem far more extroverted (except with "certain" people), so maybe ENFP would be more fitting?

Isn't that what RedQueen got...? Uh-oh...

I don't wanna be like her! lol