Looking away while kissing?

sandmander

My girl sometimes looks to the right or left just before I kiss her. It had started happening often enough that I asked her why it was she did that.

She says that her eyes hurt trying to focus on my as I get closer to her face, but it is sometimes very distracting to me, like she is not into the kiss. I think "What is over there that is so important".

What do you all think of this? Should I shrug it off? I was playful and basically said "Yeah, um, I think I was watching this movie one time and, well, I'm not sure if I remember right, but I think that they closed their eyes when they kissed. Kind of foggy thought I could be wrong". She just kind of laughed and said not to worry about it.

I know it is probably nothing, but think of the movie Eyes Wide Shut and the opening scene where Kidman looks at the mirror instead of her man. I can't help but feel tiny pangs of distrust when I see her look away like this.

Opinions? Thanks.

Lots of people do this. It's just a personal space thing and has to do with embarrassment that is hard to overcome even with an S/O. It's why many people close their eyes when kissing. Almost certainly it is nothing to worry about.

its kinda like flying a plane.... you see the run way... and right before you land.. you close your eyes and pray....

wow I would make a bad pilot...

ps: ya, eyes closed is the way to go

LOL atless you pray tho, that is if god is listin to you at that time

Hold on. None of you have kissed with your eyes open?

Sometimes, watching is the best part. I am not talking about leaving your eyes open, but sometimes a sexy kiss, sweet and to the point or possibly with some darting of the tongue...all while staring into each other's souls...are you kidding me...??

..a slight touch of your tongue to the corner of her mouth, ever so gently running the tip of your tongue accross her lip...all while looking directly in her eyes. Then, your eyes close for a sec, you pull her close, kiss her a little deeper and then open your eyes again, to let her see the reaction in your eyes...

Maybe your gaze is intense and she can't handle the intensity of yours or her own emotions. If my partner has his eyes elsewhere... well I feel that he's not really into it and I stop. Maybe I read too much into it and maybe I am right to feel that way.

Anyway, I completely understand.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 years later...

My thoughts are that if a person from Western culture avoids eye contact in such an intimate situation, they have huge interpersonal issues. Possibly immaturity, self image, self esteem, or even self trust deficits. If one is from a culture that eye contact is a representation of honesty and integrity, then eye aversion is a sign of dishonesty and poor intentions, especially averting eyes while moving in for a kiss. Not a good sign in my estimation.

Now closing the eyes after contact is a totally different thing. Definitely natural to close eyes during a kiss.

closed eyes is a sign of respect... Thats just my opinion..

I personnally feel/think that closing my eyes is a sign of respect

There, fixed it for you. Proclaiming a personal opinion this way is the same as adding 'but' after seemingly agreeing with someone else's opinion--it cancels out the agreeing..

Archived