Girlfriend wants to get pregnant!

glegend

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly and by the time we have kids she will be like a pro at dealing with babies and we wont have to face those difficult times where you have no clue what to do.

Oh yeah, you'll still have those even when you feel like an expert, but at least you will be MORE prepared then someone with NO experience!

Take it from me, who would love a kid, but is wayyy too young for one.

Who might be pregnant.

Fee's.

That's pretty much all you have to say.

It might be wonderful to have children. And I would love to have some. But without the money. It's not fair to the child to live a life in poverty because the parent's weren't ready.

Don't get her pregnant, at least not yet.

Do you have a steady job?

Does she?

Transportation?

What's she going to do about school?

And I agree with Rikka. You seem to have this more planned out than your girlfriend (fiance)(No dig at your fiance at all)

Good luck!

Take it from me, who would love a kid, but is wayyy too young for one.

Who might be pregnant.

Fee's.

That's pretty much all you have to say.

It might be wonderful to have children. And I would love to have some. But without the money. It's not fair to the child to live a life in poverty because the parent's weren't ready.

Don't get her pregnant, at least not yet.

Does she?

Transportation?

And I agree with Rikka. You seem to have this more planned out than your girlfriend (fiance)(No dig at your fiance at all)

Good luck!

He already went over this earlier in the thread <_>

Does she?

Transportation?

Well I already went over this but you may have missed it so Ill go over it for you. I work at Best Buy for 8.50/hour + 12% comission on every warranty sold and 15.00 on every new internet subscription sold. My girlfriend doesn't work at all, sometimes at her dad's restaurant. I have a tuned GMC Jimmy SUV 2-Door Model. For school by the time the baby would be born we we both be out of high schoo we are both in grade 12.

Well I already went over this but you may have missed it so Ill go over it for you. I work at Best Buy for 8.50/hour + 12% comission on every warranty sold and 15.00 on every new internet subscription sold. My girlfriend doesn't work at all, sometimes at her dad's restaurant. I have a tuned GMC Jimmy SUV 2-Door Model. For school by the time the baby would be born we we both be out of high schoo we are both in grade 12.

Lol, tuned. Kid, you don't 'tune' a jimmy. You fix it

(too much damn tv these days by god grumble grumble)

Lol, tuned. Kid, you don't 'tune' a jimmy. You fix it

(too much damn tv these days by god grumble grumble)

I fixed it from what it was then I tuned it. Some inexpensive performance parts. Some parts needed replacing so I just sprung for the cheapest performance part.

'Cheap performance parts' don't exist

Define tuning too. I'm not up to speed on street/cool kid terms

First of all when I say cheap I mean the least expensive (eg if they range from 225-500, 225 would be the cheapest) which these parts do exists. Tuning would be a performance exhaust, performance filters, lowering the vehicles ride hieght, engine work, cold air intake.

The whole 'performance parts' craze is complete and total hype. Overseas casting companies convice you that a 30 dollar tube of stainless steel is somehow worth 150 dollars with a snazzy "performance! zomg * * *!" label on it. It's like performance shifter knobs in a larger scale, they arent any different than stock, they just look fancier...

The gods of cars will smite you if you lower your car and don't get it properly aligned...

I'd probably suggest going with dyno data instead of what highschool hotshots do with their crummy integras. Remember, you have a GMC, that's like the cadillac of gm that's not cadillac!

You could be the weirdo who *doesnt* lower his car and hang a grapefruit shooter off his bumper. You could be the kid who put all of his money and effort into parts and work that are thouroughly reasearched and make a true difference in the quality of your car!

My parts are alright, all my filters are Fram. And Fram makes pretty good filters. My exhaust could be better, but what can I do I want straight pipes. But straight pipes are illegal in Ontario due to the Emissions test. Im lucky I dont really have any of those hot shots with integra's at school all I have is one with a red civic 4 door, one with a mazda 626 4 door and another guy with a 4 door accord. But they haven't done any work to there cars uncept the guy with the red civic that thing is quick. Eventually when I get my shop my Jimmy is going to be pimped out lol. After I have my shop then I'm actually going to throw in some money and buy the best performance parts for it maybe get a Vielside body kit if they make them for Jimmy's. Whatever work I do to my truck I make sure it is done proper its like those people who decide to cut the lowering springs to make them even lower that wrong cause all 4 springs will be cut different and your ride hieght will be different then one who put the right size springs. But yeah I gotta go do a dyno and see what my car is really running at, I figure that it is currently running at about 170 hp or somewhere close to that.

• 3 weeks later...
How are things going with the two of you?

There going by pretty good, thanks for asking. We've had quite a few discussions on the topic and I was able to show her that a kid isn't the best thing right now maybe in a few years but not right now. But just like normal human beings we all have our problems right? But you know I got this situation under control and I don't have to worry about it. But new problems are forming.

There going by pretty good, thanks for asking. We've had quite a few discussions on the topic and I was able to show her that a kid isn't the best thing right now maybe in a few years but not right now. But just like normal human beings we all have our problems right? But you know I got this situation under control and I don't have to worry about it. But new problems are forming.

I'm glad things are going well. Whatever you do, don't think that having a baby will solve any new problems. A lot of couples think they'll be happier with each other if a baby comes along, but that's just not the case. Having a baby in a shaky relationship will just exacerbate any problems you have. You've really done the right thing so far, and I'm happy for you. You have a good head on your shoulders and I see you making responsible decisions in your life. Keep up the good work.

I'm glad things are going well. Whatever you do, don't think that having a baby will solve any new problems. A lot of couples think they'll be happier with each other if a baby comes along, but that's just not the case. Having a baby in a shaky relationship will just exacerbate any problems you have. You've really done the right thing so far, and I'm happy for you. You have a good head on your shoulders and I see you making responsible decisions in your life. Keep up the good work.

I agree with paisley. I am glad you have the maturity to realize some very important things in life. Keep it up! And I understand the rocky-roads of relationships. As you know, we are all here for advice/support/friendly ears. Good luck and take care!

do some research about raising kids. what the need starting from conception to 18 years of age. then think about whether or not you're willing to do all of that. if not, borrow a family member's/friend's baby for a few hours one night. babysitting is the best birth control.

Your logic didn't convince me. I'm getting pregnant and there's nothing you or anyone else can say that's gonna change my mind. I'll do what I want. Babies are cute and I know that they're easy to take care off. You just give them some milk and walk away. How hard is that? And, yes I will still be able to go out to the bars every night - a baby's not gonna change that.

Your logic didn't convince me. I'm getting pregnant and there's nothing you or anyone else can say that's gonna change my mind. I'll do what I want. Babies are cute and I know that they're easy to take care off. You just give them some milk and walk away. How hard is that? And, yes I will still be able to go out to the bars every night - a baby's not gonna change that.

LOL!!

That's a joke, right...?