Followup on celticghirl story

Has anyone heard from indi lately? When I first read the post that she had died, I thought indi was a close friend ormaybe a family friend in real life and thats why her Mum called her. But it seems they never met.

You're right to say who knows what goes on in a grieving mothers head but believe me when I lost someone close, I didn't reach for their mobile and call some random girl on their mobile phone whom they had never met or in fact that 'I' had never met. My immediate thoughts were of rushing to the hospital to be with my lost loved one.

I cannot believe that her Mum would call an online friend of hers just minutes after she died. It would be before other members of her family and that does not add up to me.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fallout,

You are in denial right now and that is normal. You were bamboozled. If you in fact have called and talked to her. Try calling her cell phone. I am most definate that that account would no longer be in service. Also Indi has not posted since this all went down. Just too many gaps in this sorted tale.

I too want to thank Avman for the excellent work he provides to this site. I think the name calling and/or getting mad at someone merely because they provided information is futile and immature.

I had my thoughts on this when I first saw the post of her death. I thought it was too cynical and kept it to myself. I too went to the BBC websites and the various papers in Scotland. Nothing I mean nothing came up. There was a hit and run but the girl was 9 I think and the young man that was killed.

Its sad but true people do conjure up personas online. I dont know why but they do. Look at the crimes that have taken place because people were not who they said they were. Even after talking to them on the phone. Sorry but I think the ENA community was bamboozled by 2 young girls that have too much time on their hands.

I too want to thank Avman for the excellent work he provides to this site. I think the name calling and/or getting mad at someone merely because they provided information is futile and immature.

Exactly. And I would go further and say those that have an opposing opinion to this matter should provide some kind of evidence backing up their stance, rather than get mad at those of us who have searched extensively for this information and come up with zilch.

I honestly hope this was a hoax, I would hate to hear anyone from our eNotalone family met such a tragic end. Of course, if it's a hoax I am saddened that anyone would feel such a need for attention they would resort to this. To anyone whoever feels that lonely and uncared about, for goodness sake, PM one of us before you do such a thing.

Oh, I'm very well aware of time conversion. I wasn't questioning the chronological timeline of your story but rather the timing of how fast the news got to you. Everyone else has their doubts also and it just seems you didn't give a good enough justifiable answer.

I’m more concerned though for the mental health of someone who fabricates sob stories then suddenly terminates their online character. This person is mentally disturbed and she or he needs psychological and professional help.

Well, what do I know? Leah is probably flipping – snickering in her grave at those of us who fell victim to her online mind games.

I too want to thank Avman for the excellent work he provides to this site.

You are very welcome. But the forum is run with the efforts of the entire moderating team so I would like to extend my thanks to them. This could not possibly be done by one person.

Ok again I have to post here it seems...for the third time, Scout Worknprogress and the others, I didn't get mad at the mods for researching this (I said it twice before) I understand their point of view, I got mad at the people who started with name calling and insulting...there were some.

Also to worknprogress...Indi went to India for 2 weeks and she'll be there another week, so we have to wait on her return.

Oh, I very much agree with this.

Right now, I have the TV on. It is Oprah, and an episode about truth in media. That people need to start examining information that they hear and not just accepting it blindly. The topic is primarily about the news media and global events but I think it applies to the internet as well.

Many of our members were heartbroken when the news of celticgirls' thread came out. However, like shes2smart said, when people started trying to find out where to send flowers or to send our condolences.... and nothing comes up, and there is no evidence that a young woman was killed in a car accident, then something is not adding up. In every place I have ever lived, every school where I have ever gone to, a young woman's death is front page news.

We tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, people come to enotalone to post serious issues, and we don't assume that posts are made out of malice or are hoaxes. but if something isn't *sounding* right, we should always investigate. and I think that goes in general. don't believe everything you hear or read. don't take all your medical advice from the internet - talk to your doctor. If you read a rumor on MySpace that your boyfriend or girlfriend cheated, don't believe the rumor - talk to your boyfriend or girlfriend about it. then decide for yourself what is the truth. kind of like what the quote in my sig says.

As a mother myself, I have to say honestly I wouldn't even think of my children's online friends in a situation like this. I don't think it would come to mind for several days if not weeks after. There are so many other things going through a parents mind at this time...getting to the bottom of the events that took my childs life.....concentrating on the hospital stuff that day......family members...and so on.

Online friends, does it matter they could still be your bestfriend even tho you have never meet them befor, they can still mean so much to you. I myself have a few online friends that i have never meet but they know everything about me and i would do anything for them.

So everyone please stop the name calling and IF she is alive that is a good thing. But as we believe she is gone, she dead, its sad of course but cant we all just let her rest in peace.

• Like 1

I actually had a feeling it was a hoax. Because the forumer who announced it said that he found out becuase Celticghirl's mom sent him an IM after she got back from the hospital, after Celtic was pronounced dead.

Now what kind of parent would immediately go online and IM someone who's not even a relative about her daughter's death?? That doesnt sound normal.

Terrible cry for attention. Just ain't right.

I found out some new info and I'm not sure what to think right now I'm really confused, there can be tons of explanations both ways, I'll stop posting here until I know something for sure...

Oh and chibby get your facts right before posting please, there was nothing said about leah's mom IMing anyone.

I say we reserve judgment until factual evidence can prove or disprove Leahs existence either way.

That way we don't alienate the people involved if in fact this is a cry for help and not a tragedy.

Understand that we are all human, and make mistakes, and have lied in our lifetimes to cover something up that we were ashamed of. Life goes on, and someone was eventually there for us to help us out of our mess. We should be the bigger people in this and offer help and not hate.

why would the authorities give out information to enotalone.com about a person who regularly chatted on the site, and whether they died or not? doesn't that sound kind of odd?

like others have said, deaths are part of the public record. You can obtain anyone's death certificate if you pay the $$$.