Followup on celticghirl story

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I made that thread about her death everyone jumped saying how nice and sweet she was, now the same people are basically saying she lied all those months she's been on ena and made everything up. Isn't that the definition of hypocrisy???

Even if she lied about this, it does not automatically mean she lied in her other threads, or for all those months. It does not mean that she was not a sweet person.

Perhaps she was very troubled, depressed, suicidal and this was a way for her to act out on it. It is not uncommon for someone who is severely depressed to fantasize about their own death or their funeral, etc. Perhaps this was a way that she was expressing that. Or maybe she just wanted to know that she was well-liked and cared about. Of course, that was a horrible way to go about it- but we must be happy that she is alive.

BellaDonna

I agree. Immediately after. Call an online friend that she never met and lived in another country.

Not only that...but if you read the sequence of events again, you'll notice that she called twice:

Once to inform Indi of the accident and secondly (12 minutes later) to inform Indi of her death.

Calling once? A minute possibility. Calling twice? Not a chance.

LOOK you don't know her, she told me everything about her life and I did the same, she isn't capable of doing this.

When I made that thread about her death everyone jumped saying how nice and sweet she was, now the same people are basically saying she lied all those months she's been on ena and made everything up. Isn't that the definition of hypocrisy???

And you don't know her either.

Wow...guess everyone loves to gang up on someone right after they called them the nicest things...hypocrisy was that called ?

Fallout, I know you are angry but taking it out on other posters is not the solution.

The nice things said about Leah were sincere at the time because they were about the girl that was known on the board.

The reality (seemingly) is that either her whole persona was an illusion or at least the end of her stay on the board was a lie.

People being upset/angry about her behaviour now is not hypocrisy - it's just that their opinons on the situation have changed, because the information available to them has changed.

Im sorry, but I agree with Fallout. It is hypocricy to only say something nice about someone when you think they are DEAD!!!! thats really humanity for you.

Oh, they are alive!!! what a liar they were. I am shocked that anyone had the balls to say anything about Leah without even knowing the her, and even still without knowing her, everyone is speculating.

People are so BORED that they have to come up with something to talk about. ooooooh, where is the church lady crew gossiping about leah!

While I am glad that this girl is alive I'm very saddened that people would want to come on this forum and deceive people about something so serious.

I personally believe in the moderators and am sure they have done a thorough job of investigating this. If they didn't care about all our feelings here they would have just let it lie....

This just reinforces the fact that it's easier for people to lie online.

Thanks for looking out for us Mods

I know...this thread got almost as many posts and number of views in a few hours than the thread about her death did in a week...that speaks for itself

Indeed it does, people don't like to be upset and grieve over something that was a lie. I'm not angry with Leah, but feel sorry for her.

I searched the bbc news website during the days surrounding her 'death'. There was a short piece about a teenage boy (15 years old) from Dundee that had been killed in a car accident. At the time I thought it strange that her accident wasn't mentioned whatsoever. Every fatality on Scotland's roads was reported over that week....and no mention of anyone matching Leah's profile.

I assumed it was an oversight (which again, I thought was strange...especially considering the fact that they reported *every* accident), but it looks like I was wrong.

There are so many possible explanations for this.

IF she is alive, and that is a big IF at this point, then alienating her by calling her names is not what we are here for. IF she got to the point where she felt like faking death to someone on here was her only option means she is more in need of our help than ever before.

No one knows what circumstances lead people to feel the need to disappear, or to run away and start over... maybe she felt like she had told too much to someone here and wasn't comfortable anymore....who knows.. If that IS what she did then this is the time we REALLY need to show her our love an support...

I have grieved her, and whether dead or not, she is gone.

Until Indi gets back and can help sort this out, or until someone shows me something otherwise, I will continue to mourn the loss of a friend.

I never met avman in person, yet through his work here he's impressed me as a dedicated and honorable man, and I can't imagine he'd post this conclusion lightly. If you have some evidence to refute his post, why not send it to him instead of criticizing him publicly?

Don't shoot the messenger.

Who are you to tell me that batya? how many times have you talked to her?

Wow...guess everyone loves to gang up on someone right after they called them the nicest things...hypocrisy was that called ?

I'll modify that - you obviously don't know her well enough to be able to confirm what you believe to be true about her death. Typically if someone knows someone well enough to claim that the person would "never" be involved in faking a story like this, that person should also know the person well enough to have a factual basis for his version of events. That you do not speaks for itself. I have to say I am astounded that you are not relaly happy to hear that she is alive. Have you ever had someone close to you die? I did. She was in her mid 30's and died after a 2.5 year horrible and at the end emaciating illness. She was one of my closest friends. If I didn't know before how terrible it would be to pretend a death believe me I do now.

Once again, I'm not drawing any conclusions about what has truly happened. Many possible explanations listed here may indeed be the case.

All I am telling you is that it didn't happen the way it has been reported. And that there has been an attempt at deception. I don't have details or the rationale of why. And we're not really going to try to figure that part out.

This isn't something we've taken lightly. Many of us have put in a lot of extra effort validating, tracing, calling, and verifying things. And this is where we are at.

People will draw their own conclusions. And if you have more direct evidence we should consider please let us know. But at this point we have been through everything reasonable and the story is not holding up.

Actually I do want her to be alive of course, but both my brain and feelings tell me she wouldn't make this stuff up...so it's really confusing, uncertainty is the worst indeed.

My anger comes from all the people saying mean things about her, we all have our beliefs noone of us can be 100% sure about anything but it's really low to attack her, wether you believe she's alive or dead...Laura pointed that out well.

And you know, the mods could be wrong too, I'm not attacking them but it can happen, I understand your point of view avman...it's just not what my brain and feelings are telling me though..

I don't know wot to say...mods could have closed this thread with that info.

anyways for me a good friend has gone forever...

I guess they kept it open so that we could grieve again. This time for being made to feel as fools by the deception.

I never met avman in person, yet through his work here he's impressed me as a dedicated and honorable man, and I can't imagine he'd post this conclusion lightly. If you have some evidence to refute his post, why not send it to him instead of criticizing him publicly?

Don't shoot the messenger.

Agreed.

Fallout, and the rest of you who believe this is true, you'd do more to help your case by providing some specific details -- an accident report, death notice in a local paper, specific info on where/when the funeral service took place (Not just "it's in Dublin on Tuesday" as was posted on the other thread...that's so generic as to be meaningless) rather than calling the folks who've dared to look for facts hypocrites and whatnot.

Did it ever occur to you that some of these people may have initially been looking for details on her funeral to send flowers or a condolence card to the family? When they were unable to find details (which, due to the circumstances should have been reported in the local news) to offer their condolences, they started to dig deeper and found nothing.

People don't just disappear when they die. There's a paper trail, some of which is public record, that they leave behind. Of all the folks on here who have tried to find that trail (many of them on their own, independently of other folks from the site), why haven't any of them been able to do so? Why can't those of you who say you were her friends and knew her provide any pieces of that paper trail? That would certainly put the matter to rest in your favor much more quickly than finger-pointing and name-calling has.

Hey Smart, I understand why people that didn't talk to her extensively think what the evidence seems to show...I'm just angry on those that resolved to name-calling and making sarcastic remarks about her and this situation...it was those that I meant when I said hypocrites, and one of them above the rest...you know who you are.

As for the evidence I don't have any myself, I only knew her online but I don't believe she or Indi would lie about something like this..

I've just been looking at the Dundee Courier for the dates - on 23 September, they mention the death of a young male biker in a car accident, but there is no mention of a car accident with a young woman being killed. (There's nothing for 22 September).

That's what makes me fairly confident that this car accident just didn't happen, because fatal car crashes are always reported in this country, and there's absolutely no reference. And the dates/times given were VERY specific.

I'm really sorry, fallout - it must be very painful for you. But also, I don't think there has been much name-calling or sarcasm in this thread, just a realisation that it's been a hoax.

The lesson here is to not believe everything you read and to keep in mind that all the people who post on this board are essentially strangers. Kind, helpful, and well meaning strangers with good hearts but strangers nonetheless. This forum is great place and we should all keep it great by posting responsilbly and keeping all the information and advice we receive here in the proper context, whatever it may be. Thanks to the administrators and moderators for keeping this forum going and doing the great job that they do.

Has anyone bothered to cross-reference the time Fallout initially reported Leah's death to when he last had a conversation with her? Something about the timing just doesn't jive. (That's just one flaw I found in the story)

Anyway, whether the person behind the Leah character is dead or not, that's besides the point. Leah, known to us Enotaloners as celticgirl, is dead. Let's all give her a proper online mourning and burial. I have a suggestion for the Admins of this site. Since Leah is dead and her ENA online status is still "member", can you change that to "dead member"?

In the arms of angels, may you find eternal rest, Leah.

Ok everyone's mind is made up obviously...I'm gonna take a break from this thread might check it out again tomorrow..

One last thing to sunkissed : I specified in my post that contained the time of my last convo with her that all the times were GMT+3 PM, different timezone from you and the times you see on this forum...so do the conversions before "finding flaws" ty.