Breast Implants..what's your guys' take?

Guys will look at you if you are attractive regardless of implants/boobs or not.

True, but most guys (from comments I've heard other guys make) can tell the difference between natural and implants, and that gives them (and I am not saying they are right) the idea that the girl is insecure or wants the attention.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heavensent, I can totally relate.

I actually have implants, and can say it's one of the best things I've ever done for myself! Yes, it was expensive. Yes, it involves risk. Yes, I'll probably have to undergo future surgery(ies) for replacement. There are innumerable considerations with regard to making this decision. Ultimately, the decision was mine alone to make, completely personal, utterly nobody else's business to pass judgment upon.

If you want facts, I don't recommend reading the popular ladies' magazines or anything else at the grocery store checkstand...I do recommend going to link removed and see where that leads you...feel free to pm me if you like.

As a side note: my implants have neither interfered with mammography nor exploded in an airplane.

Breast implants don't seem worth it to me...

Any kind of unnecessary surgery to me, is a waste. I mean, what's wrong with smaller breasts? I know women with huge breats that prefer smaller ones and ones that have wasted money on bigger boobs to be...the same. I mean, wow, you'll have more cleavage - so what?

I like smaller boobs, personally. Prefer them to implans anyway...it's just...not necessary. Boobs aren't a deal breaker.

Hi Twilight!

As an adult female, I desired the *body* of one--I was completely flat-chested before surgery. I don't mean "small-breasted"...I mean "no-breasted"...and I got SO sick and tired of padded bras, bad jokes, clothes not fitting right, um, I could just go on and on.

At the ripe old age of 42 I finally went for the surgery.

My life is better because I feel "normal" now--I can comfortably go braless in warm weather and not feel conspicuous/embarrassed--I can wear sexy lingerie and not have empty cups--After swimming, no more embarrassing waterfalls from padded swimsuit cups.

It's as if I had a deformity corrected.

Everybody on this forum knows very well that some people will point, laugh, stare, etc....THAT'S what I was referring to regarding myself going braless.

On more than several occasions, I got some kind of recoil and double-take looks: "OMG, that lady has NO BREASTS!" Really embarrassing!

Yes, it's a VERY personal choice.

Just like lip enhancement, Botox, tummytucks, tattoos, makeup, hair dye...except there are fewer (and less aggressive) negative opinions on these things. Perhaps because these don't usually involve "sexual" bodily areas?

Okay, so lately I've been thinking about getting implants. What's your guys' thoughts on this. All different views and statements are wanted.

I thought of waiting until after children but I don't plan on being done having children for at least ten years and I really don't want to wait that long.

Also, I only want to go one cup size bigger, I just want them to be fuller..I hate huge boobs and I'm really skinny so that would throw me off balance anyway. Anyway, anyone who has gotten them that wants to give their input would be good too.

NO, NEVER. HUGE TURN OFF Maybe even dealbreaker. FWIW, I like small breasts.

I'm another one that doesn't like them.

I am always amazed at how popular they seem to be. I am yet to hear any guy say that they really like them.

Because most of us DONT.

It is just that women are so convinced that womanhood is measured in breast sizes that breast size is directly proportional to their self steem, so they buy them.

Its a product for women, for women to feel better with themselves. Obviously, they don't know, or don't want to, that we rather have natural breasts than weird/goofy looking breasts that you can't even play with because they are as sensitive as a rock.

Maybe it's because sometimes a girl can have fake breasts and no one would really be like "ugh, those are fake". They just think...mmmm...nice rack. I'm not talking about girls who are 90 lbs. and have DD's. I would have a rack that's proportional to my body.

I bet there are tons of girls all around that have implants and we probably don't even know that they have them..... I know I was shocked to find out one of my co workers have them... she doesn't look "fake" either.

Wait until you have her naked in the bed. Only way you won't notice them is if you are blind and don't touch her.

My hubby doesn't like breast implants and would never want me to get them. However, this does not stop him from looking at women in the media that have them, lol!

Personally, I see no problem with people getting plastic surgery if its something they've thought long and hard on and researched... as long as its not an emotionally unhealthy thing, like doing it to try to become someone else.

Life is short. If its something you really want and are ready for, go for it. Bottom line: its your body and ultimately your decision.

My breasts have also grown since I was 19 or so. Used to be a C, right now i'm a DD. Once I lose about 10 pounds, I'll go back to my usual size, a D.

If you want to go up a cup, why don't you try Victoria's secret Add a cup bras? They are really god, they have a gel like material and a push up.

CarnelianButterfly brought up some really good points. IT IS DANGEROUS SURGERY!!! While most people wind up ok, there is a risk with any surgery of infections, ruptures, scarring or death! The people that have had the best luck with cosmetic surgery are the ones that have something pretty wrong with them, and the surgery caused a major life change for them. Like someone who had a broken nose after a bad fall. Those people are the happiest with the results. Most others aren't, because they're expecting the surgery to make a huge difference in their life, and then it doesn't, and then they are depressed.

If you are going to have kids, just wait. Your breasts will get bigger.

By the way - having big breasts isn't all fun. I have a very hard time finding clothes that fit well, and forget finding dresses that fit me!!! I have to buy shirts and skirts in totally different sizes!

If you're doing this because you are unhappy with yourself or your life, larger breasts aren't going to fix those things. Post-surgery (barring any catastrophic events during surgery), you'll be the same person with the same life....and bigger breasts.

Now, there are women who will tell you how their life improved after surgery, but that probably has more to do with their attitude and choices they made after the surgery. Attitude and choices can be changed without having any sort of surgery whatsoever.

Retirement saving is on my mind a lot these days, so I just look at the money you'd spend on an elective, cosmetic surgery and think of the kind of return I could get on that over 10 or 20 years if it was invested wisely...... And that amount seems like too much to spend to look good now when I may really need that money to simply stay alive later.

I find small breasts to be very attractive. Very large breasts are a turn-off for me, and implants are a very, very big turn-off. I mean, maybe I'm just weird, but I'm far more attracted to girls that have almost no breasts at all than girls that have breasts that seem even slightly too large for their body. Of course, not everyone is like me, but I think that any guy that isn't happy with your natural body is not worth your time.

I love all the feedback you guys have given me.

Plus I did think about my husband thinking I want attention from other guys and I truly think he does feel that way. I guess I want them bigger so I can feel like more of a woman and not a little girl. I do have very perky boobs and I have a nice body so I have no idea why I would have a reason to change it. Especially since my husband thinks I'm sexy as hell the way I am. I guess I should think about this a little more. Plus, I really do think I will wait until after children. I don't want to take the chance of not being able to breastfeed my children...that's an incredible bonding experience and I want to have that with my kids.

Thanks for all your inputs guys!!

I love all the feedback you guys have given me.

Plus I did think about my husband thinking I want attention from other guys and I truly think he does feel that way. I guess I want them bigger so I can feel like more of a woman and not a little girl. I do have very perky boobs and I have a nice body so I have no idea why I would have a reason to change it. Especially since my husband thinks I'm sexy as hell the way I am. I guess I should think about this a little more. Plus, I really do think I will wait until after children. I don't want to take the chance of not being able to breastfeed my children...that's an incredible bonding experience and I want to have that with my kids.

Thanks for all your inputs guys!!

I would definitely wait until after you have children. You are young yet and myself and a few other ladies mentioned that our breasts continued to change and grow until our mid 20's. Your breasts will change when you have children too and you may find that you like them just fine afterwards and not decide to do the surgery.

Breastfeeding is so good for the baby, and such a great bonding experience, and is even good for you! ( burns calories so you get back to prepregnancy shape even faster) so you are right that you woudn't want to miss it!

Glad to hear you are thinking it through heavensent. I can understand your desire to feel more "feminine" - but you know, breasts are not what make you "feminine". Feminity is strength, confidence, pride in being a woman. It's about being in tune with your body, and it's amazing abilities not just to reproduce and nurture, but to strongly hold a growing child, or hold your lover close. To comfort others in pain. To run a marathon if you wanted to!

Being a woman is more about your state of mind, and your confidence and comfort within your own skin then the size of your breasts.

Even women with a classic playboy bunny body don't necessarily have this feeling of feminity, because they are counting on the body to get them there.

If after you reach that stage of being comfortable in your skin, have your babies and breastfed, and still want it done, then by all means, please do it. I imagine at that time you will be doing it for reasons other then self esteem though, I would imagine you may also not even want them done then, after you have really reached that comfort in your skin.

My mum just lost her breasts to cancer, and you know what? She is the most beautiful, strong, feminine woman I know. Because it really IS something that comes from the inside. She had both removed (DD's) and they did do a reconstruction with abdominal tissues but she is down to A's or very small B's, and has scars, and no nipples yet (they tattoo them later) but man, she is beautiful! She has birthed three babies, raised us sometimes on our own, went back to school to give us a good life, sacrificed for us, yet lived for her as well, found love again with a great man and is a role model for each of us. She opens her arms to everyone, we have family gatherings involving people she met on the plane for example whom have no where to go at the holidays. She is truly a woman in every way, with or without breasts.

I personally am very against women getting implants when they are young. For all the reasons others have already mentioned, breast-feeding, future changes etc. Also remember that with or without implants, beauty and youth are short-lived. Do you want bigger boobs when you are a grandmother? Besides, you said your boobs are perky right now! We all know its about quality, not quantity. If you were say 45, droopy and really tiny, I would say go for it if it makes you feel more beautiful.

IMO I think it can be worse for the self esteem at times. I have larger breasts for my body naturally and people often ask me if they are fake because they are still perky (*cross fingers*). Sometimes they make me have a lower self esteem because I wonder if some of my guy friends or people I work with or people I meet miss out on my good personality qualities by being distracted with my body. I don't want people to say, yah I know her, she has nice boobs. I want them to say, yah I know her, she is an amazing person.

I found out my bf's ex had HUGE implants. Like pam anderson. Plus she was super fit because she was competing in fitness. At first I was feeling very inadiquate and intimidated, even with my DD's and relatively toned body. But the more I would hear about this girl, the more I noticed that no one even talked about her looks, just how insecure and crazy she was. No one remembers you for your looks.

In the end, I want to be remembered for my good qualities, not my body. So instead of picking out my superficial flaws and spending time, energy, and money on them, I have made a vow to spend all of that on my personality. Not that you can buy a good personality but you get my drift.

On a side note, I think alot of girls get implants for other girls more than guys. Something about competition.

Well, heavensent, looks like the "nays" have it, LOL.

You have to decide for yourself, though. Here's some firsthand information, in case you're interested:

Yes, my boobs don't feel like natural ones--because they're NOT. They aren't quite as *squishy* as the real thing, but they aren't like "rocks" either! Saline feels firmer than silicone, btw.

I still have full sensation, but it is possible to lose some or all. My b/f (says he's a butt man anyway) has no hangups about them, and loves the fact that I don't wear padding anymore.

They look perfectly natural--not like melons glued on my chest. They are NOT huge, misshapen or gross looking--just a nice proportional B cup that nobody would suspect...since they're no bigger than my old padded bras.

Some women have been able to successfully breastfeed afterward, some haven't.

Knowing that hardly anyone would understand or support my decision, I chose to tell only my boyfriend. (I needed help for a couple of days following surgery, and of course I wouldn't have hidden this from him, even if it were possible.)

Nobody knows and nobody would ever guess that I had this done, even when I wear a swimsuit or go braless. (unless they knew me 15 years ago, when I didn't bother with padding, lol) If anyone *has* guessed, they haven't said anything to me or my b/f in the 1.5 years since surgery.

But, heavensent, you ARE so very young...and your body will change, especially with having children. (although I didn't grow much, even when milk came in I wasn't even an A cup--the Pill didn't do much, either)

Definitely think it through, because it's a serious decision. If you still want them in 10 more years, go for it, but make sure you're doing it for YOU.

Don't get them. I have dated women who were almost totally flat chested; it didn't matter to me. A woman's breasts are not the first thing I notice about her as I'm sure that's the case for any decent gentleman.

Your husband obviously loves you enough to marry you for who you are. And remember when you have your first child your breasts will get larger anyway.