Am I jealous...of his DOG??!!

whatsagirltodo

I know my little cocker Emma comes before EVERYONE in my life. Theres just a certain bond between animal lovers and their pets. Plus their pets will never let them down, backstab them, or do anything rmeotely selfish.So naturally, they tend to be our best friends.

Why not make up a list of things you do enjoy about the dog, and just reflect on the positive things next time your boyfriend shows poochy more attention then you.

Haha, I just have to laugh, it seems so silly talking about this dog like I'm trying to "make nice" with someone I don't like for the sake of my boyfriend who is in the middle of us!! haha. I think I'm just going to voice my opinion more. The other night I told my boyfriend I didn't want to lay on the bed with the dog there and he shut the dog out of the room. I guess I don't get just how serious a relationship can be between people and their pets, because my relationship with my pets were very caring and of course i cried when they passed away, but I can't see being all over them when my boyfriend is around! Everyone's different, i guess!

The other night I told my boyfriend I didn't want to lay on the bed with the dog there and he shut the dog out of the room.

In all honesty, if a guy asked me to put my dog out of the room, he would be the one exiting, not my pooch.

No, if the dog is really not being trained well, that's going to be aggravating. Is it a puppy, though? Because they are very hyper when they're younger.

I have this sudden intuition you're gonna end up training this dog and falling in love with it in the process!

Which reminds me...a good friend of mine did not like my dogs. She didn't like any dogs, and said they were jumpy, messy, and annoying. Well, for some reason, she ended up getting one. Within one day, the dog was completely outfitted in hiking gear (I am not kidding), had a special little kennel, and toys galore. She is now obsessed with the dog.

So...watch out! It can happen to YOU at any given time.

Ok Guys,

I admit to being the biggest pet lover ever, I worked as a vet tech for 4 years and brought home a dog and a cat to add to our family of already 1 cat. My bf and I love the animals very much and spend alot of time playing and cuddling with our dog and the cats too.

BUT... I can see wgd's point that SOMETIMES you just want to spend time as a couple without the dog/pets around. When my bf and I want some "alone" time, we will close the animals out of the bedroom too. Later, when we open the door, all 3 will be sitting there with plaintive eyes, as if they are saying, "what could you POSSIBLY be doing that cannot include us?".

As I said before I love our pets very much and they spend time with us on the furniture all the time, but there ARE just times when you want to be alone with your partner and not have a furry audience.... know what I mean?

• 7 years later...

I feel ya. I hate my boyfriends dog too. Talk it over with him. That helped my situation. That smelly, slobbery, beast no longer gets in the bed with us. THANK GOD. Animals know when you don't like them, She (the dog) and I tolerate each other when I'm around. She stares at me though... as if she is planning my death or something and THAT creeps me out. I just hate dogs and she is fully aware of that and has nothing to do with me really.

However, my cat knows she's loved and wont leave me alone ha ha... She's on the bed with me as I type right now.

And no animal should have to live with the fact of being hated. That is cruel to the animal. If you knew you hated dogs you never should've got one. Sadly all too many people just get animals as an experiment and then when the experiment fails they don't want to look after the animal. That is extremely sad for the animal. They have feelings too.

Oh please. There are "dog" people, and then there are "cat" people. As well as everything in between. I don't like dogs, simple as that. I tried, she belongs to my boyfriend now. I don't have to deal with her. Problem solved. I was simply saying that I can relate.

Archived