I just turned 25! And have never dated :(

CluelessGuy321

Hey DD, it wouldn't be the first time we had different perspectives on what's being discussed, eh? Again, I also flirt all the time. So I don't really need an explanation of flirting. In fact I'm an outrageous flirt and I don't know many women who flirt as well and easily as I do, but I just read Micwu's comments in a different way than you do. (But it's probably not worth it to get into a deep discussion about it, especially in a thread this old.)

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To original poster: Hey man don't worry about it just get out there and have some fun with it all. Stop thinking about how you have no experience and stuff like that. Life is so much better when you think about having fun and not thinking about how you have no dating experience. Besides, when girls see that you're out there enjoying yourself, they will want to be with you. So it's a win-win situation. Enjoy yourself and others (including girls) will follow!

I am 28 yrs old and I never kissed a girl or never had a real date yet with a girl..I am a short guy, 5'5 and I know alot of women won't date guys who are shorter than them..I have been turned down and rejected because of my height..I have read magazines and online articles how short men have hard time finding love..

I am 28 yrs old and I never kissed a girl or never had a real date yet with a girl..I am a short guy, 5'5 and I know alot of women won't date guys who are shorter than them..I have been turned down and rejected because of my height..I have read magazines and online articles how short men have hard time finding love..

My fiance's sister is married to a guy who is 5'3.

Yeah, height means NOTHING. I see really short guys with hot chicks all the time at school. The girls are 9 times out of 10 taller than the guys in those relationships, but sure enough, they're together!

So height doesn't mean a thing to women! Don't believe the nonsense you hear about that!

That's a good point you have there Kevin. I mean Tom Cruise used to be married to Nicole Kidman and she's built like a model. Now he's with Katie Holmes and she's also taller than him. It's always good to be optimistic. I believe that girls are more attracted to guys who are positive and enjoy life. So it's best to utilize our time in this world.

Well hey, I'm 38 and haven't dated in a long time.

It's been so long that I feel like I've never dated before at all. So we're in the same boat.

I just started a thread about how I'm starting over and how I seem to have beaten the shyness thing. I'm not so shy anymore. You can do the same.

OK so this is a well discussed topic. But to be honest the only way to get experience is to get experience.

Go out on link removed and make it your goal to date and meet people! You will probably fumble, mess up, succeed, lose, etc. But I promise this is what you need. Just get your feet wet! Don't wait any longer.

My boyfriend had his first girlfriend at age 29, he was also a late bloomer. He started dating around your age. And now he's 35, dated lots, thank god, and he has experience... and met me and la dee da. I would like to say that I would have dated him in his awkward stage, but no, I probably would not have. He STILL is learning basics, and I mean that in a very nice way.

Just get experience any way you can get it, don't be afraid. You can never succeed unless you try and you will slowly let that super cool guy come out and be known by women and eventually by the right woman. It takes practice, but it's worth it. You have a unique path to love, get on that road and start living it! It will eventually make you more interesting to women, especially the right one.

Oh and you look just fine in your photo. My boyfriend is actually very good looking btw but did not realize this until later (kinda around your age too I think).

• 1 month later...

You look great, shut up, man, really. You're not even fat. Just start being friendly with a woman that you admire. Ask her to lunch, if you two communicate well, then ask her to go on a date to wherever--the cinema, to go dancing, to a lounge, etc.

You probably have more skill at dating than you give yourself credit.

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, maybe we interpreted what he said differently. It happens!

I meant it the bad way. My motto is look out for yourself first and being politically correct isn't always correct.

I am not saying to be an a-hole all the time. I am saying be one if you have to be. Luckily most of the time being nice to others works for our advantage.

To elabrate what I said about practicing on 4's and 5's I didn't mean for him to break someone's heart. if he is not attracted to the girl(sometimes after knowing the girl will change his mind though) it should be over between them after a date or two or they become friends. I doubt people's heart gets broken in such short period of time(some get hurt in that time but it really is about that person't own issues).

I also agree with the post above me. The medias brain wash us with many wrong ideas that I am having difficulty breaking my bad habits(I am sometimes still being labelled as a nice guy...the kiss of death). If the story in the movie "Hitch" was for real the girl would have ran the other way when Will Smith says the L word after a week of knowing the girl.

Lastly, don't ask for a girl's opinion on picking up girls. Most of them don't know what they want...they just think that's what they want but always end up with someone completely opposite.

Lastly, don't ask for a girl's opinion on picking up girls. Most of them don't know what they want...they just think that's what they want but always end up with someone completely opposite.

This is very true.

And yes the nice guy is the kiss of death. Always move on as soon as you get labeled that. It's fine to act nice, but you need to add some edge to it ... maybe be a little cocky about it. I can't stress how well this has worked for me in the past. If I just act nice the whole time, they don't ever become attracted to me. If I am still nice most of the time but act really cocky while doing so, then before you know it they are attracted.

I meant it the bad way. My motto is look out for yourself first and being politically correct isn't always correct.

Yeah, I took it the way you originally meant it. And it's not about being politically correct... it's about how you treat people, (and I see you and I fundamentally don't agree about that). I don't treat guys frivolously, and I don't like it when guys treat the whole female gender as something disposable, or when they treat women as if they don't have real feelings. I just disagree that a guy should "practice" on women in the way you described, even for a single date. How many posts are all over this board written by people who can't figure out why there was no 2nd-3rd date? C'mon, if you already know for sure that she's not the girl for you, then don't "practice" on her like that, not even for a single date. And when women use guys for "practice" they are often labeled a tease. Is that okay for a woman to do? No matter who you are, it's not good to ever be treated that way.

And I disagree that guys shouldn't listen to a woman's opinion about what she wants, (many of us are speaking strictly about ourselves, not the entire gender). Okay, so you want to date and BE with a woman, but you don't want to listen to her? She tells you how she feels, and you routinely disregard what she says? Gosh, I find that TOTALLY illogical. but hey, maybe there are even some women who want the types of guys who don't listen to them? Yeah, maybe there's someone for everybody?

well i just turned another year older today. Yes I have no one to share it with, no family, friends, girlfriend. I was starting to feel really down on myself being as old as i am, never having a girlfriend. but i looked back on the past year and some of the small steps i made, the couple of girls i dated once or twice and never heard from again. i guess its progress. gotta keep improving. small goals one at a time right??

well i just turned another year older today. Yes I have no one to share it with, no family, friends, girlfriend. I was starting to feel really down on myself being as old as i am, never having a girlfriend. but i looked back on the past year and some of the small steps i made, the couple of girls i dated once or twice and never heard from again. i guess its progress. gotta keep improving. small goals one at a time right??

You not as old as me..I am 28 and going be 29 in May and I never had a gf yet..and the worse part I never kissed one yet. ...I hoping this will be my year..

i'm 23... still no gf. I went on like 2 dates my whole life.

for some reason... I keep hoping a girl will ask me out... too bad its more common in society for the guy to be the one to ask someone out.

although i read that girls are usually the ones that make the first move through eye contact... so perhaps I should pay more attention to the eye contact and body language.

all those years of studying in high school and college i thought somehow sooner or later it would magically happen that i would meet someone. after graduating college and realizing all that time i made no friends met no one except for roomates. was i wrong. the best opportunities are the ones we create ourselves.

yes it drives me crazy those few times when i notice a girl is making eye contact first but there seems to be a reason to prevent me from making a move. she's with 2 guys. she's walking the other way and i can't think of anything to say, etc...

I am far from one but I bet you'd completely disagree on everything a playboy does too but he gets all the girls...which is what the OP wants to do. Being concern on how he may hurt the girl's feeling is not going to help him achieve his goal. Being logical and do what works for others will.

This is a good example of why I suggested not to listen to women's advice on dating. If the OP listens to you and only asks out girls he is interested in, without experience he'd be more likely to get rejected, further hurting his already troubled confidence and consequently have to either compromise his standards or continue being single....all because he tries to be nice and considerate of someone else's feeling.

Can he be labeled as an {mod edit} for practicing on women he is not interested in? Maybe, but the OP is asking for advice on how to get a gf, not how to be a good person.

Well update on me:

I've gotten into the habit of excercising and weight lifting since May. But in early November, I tore my ACL while hiking, and will be having knee surgery soon. There is a grueling 9month+ rehabilitation period. This will probably set me back quite a bit.

So if a woman showed some interest in you while you were gimping, and in rehab, would you disregard her? Hey, you're handsome, toned, athletic... just keep in mind that a banged up knee can't hide all your good stuff... (and it might even be a good ice-breaker ).

Anyhow, good luck on the surgery, the recovery ... and all the rest...

Archived