A couple of important questions for people who were late bloomers.

Ross0

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just as aside to the OP, I would have never carried on this conversation a year ago, or ever before, because I am what you would call a late bloomer. I would have tucked tail and run previously, but after grooming my self-esteem and realizing I can have fun with people being who I am, I got out in the world and saw there is a lot to be done. I helped myself out with a mini shopping spree at Victoria's Secret and got my hair tamed and I feel even more confident. I don't spend considerable amounts of time or money on my appearance, but nice little boosts on occasion are great.

You know, I am the opposite- I would probably never carry on a conversation like this IRL--but 10 years ago I would have. So I have the opposite problem. I bloomed and THEN went into hiding. What the he11?

CarnelianButteryfly wrote:

Choco and caramel, I like the sweet stuff.

Girl, you don't need the sweet stuff, you ARE the sweet stuff,

but then Carnelian said:

I'd tie you both to the bed and leave you there while I went and cooked myself a nice dinner with a glass of wine. I may check on you later, but only to toss a few ice cubes at you

... and my imagination runs in a whole different direction now.

• 3 years later...

At 16 I considered myself a late bloomer... lol, but I WAS a late bloomer compared to all my classmates!

Basically - I drank 12 cans of coke a day, so I was fat, and because I was fat I had no confidence, so I was shy to the point where I once realised I hadn't spoken a single word for three days, so I wasnt going or making friends or anything and it was this huge horrible downward spiral.

I stopped drinking the coke (basically as a "mum, if you quit ciggies, i'll quit coke" lol) and then that was what triggered my "blooming". I got more confidence, so I talked to more people, and then I made friends and I learnt how to make myself more attractive (which helps alot when looking for a partner)..... and now people describe me as amazingly hot and outgoing, when before it would have been "fat and shy". Lol.

I believe what triggers the "blooming", if it doesnt happen naturally, is when one realises that they are getting into a bit of a hole, and they pull themselves out. Like a threatened species 'evolving', kinda, if you get my point. heh!

Archived