looking for a quick rebound so i can move on!!!just a joke, but reading lots of post that say to move on you need to find someone else to help you get over your ex. i am so shy when meeting people for the first time that i will end up single for so long. before my ex i was single for 2 and 1/2 yrs before him 2 yrs. see what i mean i dont want to be lonely for months or yrs this time. its so hard to meet people at my age that are single, and i did the lavalife thing just before my ex and i hooked up and i will never do online dating again. all i can say about that is OMG.... so if anyone has some good imput. much appriciated

just don't say meeting someone at work. that how my ex and i met and now i still see him eveyday.

awwwww!!!!! you are so pretty!!!!! definitely, if I were a lesbian, I'd bring you roses and take you out to dinner!

How about posting a profile on link removed. You'll be getting so many offers from dates from men, that you won't have time to feel bad about the ex.

Great title. Why so afraid to be alone for months at a time? I don't buy into the theory that you need to have someone to "help you get over an ex".

More like the opposite. Not healthy.

It's hard to be thirty-something and single. Seems like all the ones worth havin' are already taken--those that are available in our age bracket are either still available for a reason or have been thrown back for a reason. Bleah.

It's hard to be thirty-something and single. Seems like all the ones worth havin' are already taken--those that are available in our age bracket are either still available for a reason or have been thrown back for a reason. Bleah

i hope not everyone thinks that because i dont want people to be saying i wonder what her problem is if she is still single at 30...

Hey b8s!

I've been reading your past posts, and I don't think you seem ready to jump back into a b/f situation quite yet. Maybe take some time to just be alone and do things for yourself! I am 30 as well (just broke up with b/f a couple weeks ago), and I think the best thing is to improve on myself for a while. The right one is out there, and I'm sure you'll find him when you aren't looking! Good luck to you

My girlfriend and I just broke up this past tuesday, she left me after 3 years. I've been meeting new ppl all week...Went out to the bar yesterday with a bunch of them and just had a great time. I actually told myself that life does really go on no matter how much they hurt you. To top it off I was with a girl all night, got her number too. We danced like there was no tomorrow and she actually told me she was interested. You see moral of the story, no matter how bad things can be you never know what can happen the next day. I'm not going to see this girl bc it is unfair to her but I think we can just be friends for now. Do not worry about being single, go out with friends to a club/bar and just meet new people. And if your shy get drunk. They say alcohol doesnt help but it certainly helps ppl meet new ppl especially if they're really shy.

i'm not really looking for a b/f right now but i would love to meet someone i could hang out with on a sun and watch a movie or go for dinner with. my 2 best girlfriends and only single ones moved, one to england and one is at school in buffalo now. all my other friends are married and will only go out 1 every couple weeks and its usualy just for 1 or 2 beers.

Yeah, I know what you mean, most of my friends don't go out as much anymore. I've met a bunch of really cool people at the gym though, and we hang out on the weekends. Disruptors is right- there's a whole other world out there and life does go on! (Don't know about the getting drunk to meet people part, but the rest was right! ) Hey, hows work going? Is it still uncomfortable? Maybe you can hang out with your friends from there without him?

I wouldn't necessarily go out and get sloppy drunk. I've known too many alcoholics now, I'm not in favor of going down that path, or getting romantically involved with one.

What about volunteering, going to church? Or, maybe sign up for outdoor sports once spring really starts? I bet you'll meet lots of people that way.

well just to keep you posted, i signed up with plenty of fish someone here gave me the name. and wow you were right so many men to chat with nice guys too, and you can go on there looking for people to hang out with not date right off the bat.. so im having fun with that.. i also have my speed date night coming up on wed im looking forward to that i have never done it before. i signed up and am going to be doing ju-jitsu 3 nights aweek. things are looking pretty good! this is day 1 not being sad at all, i think its going to keep up!!

It's hard to be thirty-something and single. Seems like all the ones worth havin' are already taken--those that are available in our age bracket are either still available for a reason or have been thrown back for a reason. Bleah

i hope not everyone thinks that because i dont want people to be saying i wonder what her problem is if she is still single at 30...

I feel exactly the same way about women. Im a 31 year old single male (must be some reason for that right?), and I'm starting to feel hopeless about finding a good woman. I'm still having trouble getting over my last relationship and a rebounder would be a great quick fix. Too bad I'm in Florida.

By the way you are VERY cute and I doubt you will stay single long, sorry no photo of myself, I just registered tonite and haven't messed with the profile.