why do people cheat?

emma34

The others gave good reasons. Also, some people have a hard time committing to one person.

Even though there might be a lot of reasons for why a person would cheat, it's never right. People need to communicate their problems with each other, or break up with their current partner if they want someone else.

OK, it's been over a decade since I did, but when I did it was opportunity. my gf was not around, another woman showed interest, opportunity knocked and I took it. My sex drive motivated may, and I knew I could get away with it. I did get away with it.

The thrill that comes with something new and something elicit is a motivator.

Some just need lots and lots of attention.

Some want something different.

Some just see no reason not to, monogamony is not a virtue in some, maybe most, cultures. Infidelity is the norm.

I think when women cheat, it's either out of:

* Boredom.

* A lack of communication in their relationship.

* Never being *heard* by their men.

* A lack of non-sexual affection.

And, I could be wrong, but I do believe that men and women cheat for different reasons. If a woman cheats, it's usually not just because there was opportunity, and the thrill of not getting caught. Any time I've seen a woman cheat, it's because she's generally unhappy in the relationship (not an excuse, just saying).

Even though there might be a lot of reasons for why a person would cheat, it's never right. People need to communicate their problems with each other, or break up with their current partner if they want someone else.

I agree completely. Although I'd have to say that this doesn't always resolve issues. Sometimes communication doesn't help, because it's one-sided. And of course, the right choice would be to remove yourself from the relationship, but that's not always easy either. There are no easy choices when it comes to serious problems in relationships and no resolve in sight.

I think it's often due to a lack of chemistry (read: quality) in a relationship for a variety of reasons.

If you're really in love, there's no reason to. I can tell you I have cheated in the past, but the thought never crosses my mind with my current GF. She's amazing, no reason to go elsewhere!

Am I wrong to laugh very hard about Darkblues last sentences.."grab it by the privates" oh i'm rolling.

I think people cheat because they have the chance to and foolishly think "i'll just do this once and never get caught" but I think the MAIN reason anyone would chance losing everything they had in their relationship is because they may feel like what they have...is worth losing. Something is missing in the relationship. Maybe they have tried to talk to the partner about it, maybe they havent. I think communication gaps, boredom, lack of honesty, drama, tons of arguments, fighting about this and that, stresses can lead to a multitude of problems, and cheating being one of them. But I promise you...cheating is not the only reason relationships fail. Sometimes its just time to let go.