In a complicated situation

There's a girl who I haven't seen for a year who went to music school with me, she sent me a song she likes a lot today and we started chatting. I then sent a baroque piece I like and she said that she was never a big baroque fan, but she would like to change her mind. I told her I'd like that as well, to which she replied "then make me". I said great, there's an amazing concert coming in two weeks. She then asked if I was going to go, and I said yes, and she asked if I already got the tickets. However, the main thing that's a bit of a bummer, is that my parents are coming with me too since they also enjoy this music. So I don't know how I could invite her and balance that with my parents or just let her get her own ticket and try some other time. This seems like the perfect thing to get closer to each other since we are both musicians and I felt interest over her texts. What do I do?

Tl,DR: girl I haven't seen for a long time is interested in going to a concert with me, but my parents are coming too because we already decided to go together. Do I let her buy her own ticket and miss out on this opportunity or somehow invite her too?

2 minutes ago, Alokinga said:

I haven't seen for a long time is interested in going to a concert with me, but my parents are coming too because we already decided to go together. Do I let her buy her own ticket and miss out on this opportunity or somehow invite her too?

If you are interested in her as a date don't tag along with your parents. Get tickets for the two of you as a real date.  You can explain to your parents. But asking her to buy a ticket and tag along with your parents isn't a date, so it depends on if you just want a music buddy or something more. 

• Like 2

However you set this up, don't start makin the moves on her yet. It's a first date/hangout...doesn't mean it's for romantic reasons...you could be friends zoned and you don't even know it. So just enjoy the date/hangout, talk, maybe go out for a snack afterwards. Feel things out. 

Parents: Either explain to her it's a family thing and she's more than welcome to come along or like Wiseman stated get separate tickets if that is an option. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, smackie9 said:

However you set this up, don't start makin the moves on her yet. It's a first date/hangout...doesn't mean it's for romantic reasons...you could be friends zoned and you don't even know it. So just enjoy the date/hangout, talk, maybe go out for a snack afterwards. Feel things out. 

Parents: Either explain to her it's a family thing and she's more than welcome to come along or like Wiseman stated get separate tickets if that is an option. 

Yes, of course... that wasn't even the question.

5 hours ago, Andrina said:

Find a different music event to ask her to attend with you within the next few weeks.

This. 

Having her come along with the parents is not a good idea. Arrange something separate for you two to do alone, OP. 

Bro, why would you even said about the event if your parents are coming with you. Talk about "buzzkill". 

Girl clearly likes you. Use that and arrange a date. It doesnt have to be baroque music. If she complains after the event that its not baroque you can always say that you you have some baroque records at home and that you can play it for her there. Provided your parents arent there!

That is neither complicated or a dilemma.  You tell her that your parents will be attending because they too are fans.  You invite her to come & respect her decision if she's not ready to "meet the parents".   At that point, you offer another music appreciation option.  If she declines that she is not interested in a romance with you. 

On a first date, I wouldn't head straight to a venue where you can't have good conversation. I'd ask her out for a lunch or dinner first, and then if all goes well and you're a good match, you can invest in some tickets to something musical.

I wouldn't pin a make-or-break date onto something with my family.