Help my friend out …

So my friend has been dating/talking to this guy for some weeks. Anyways he previously was dating a girl for 3 months it was short and they ended things and he claimed they haven’t been in contact for a month. Anyways I guess the ex was snooping on his social media. He found out and texted her asking her “stalking” ?  She’s confused because even if your ex was looking at your page why did you have to reach out and ask??? 

she just doesn’t want to be in a situation where things are messy… what do you guys think ? 

7 minutes ago, Lexismith said:

if your ex was looking at your page why did you have to reach out and ask??? 

Why not report him to the site and reset the privacy settings and who can view your content. Is this the same man?

• Like 1

To clarify: Your friend is seeing a guy who contacted his ex to ask if she was "stalking." Your friend is now confused, wondering why he would even talk to his ex in the first place. Correct? 

Just because people break up doesn't mean they will never speak again. It doesn't have to mean anything, it could just be a situation they were thrown into where they had to talk or it would it would have been rude not to say something. In this case, if the ex is looking through his social media, maybe he wanted to know why? Maybe it was natural curiosity. Maybe he wanted to send a message to indicate he was aware and that she couldn't get away with something. Hey, depending on there sense of humor, maybe it was some kind of joke. 

If she continues to try to spy on him, have her blocked. Otherwise, don't worry about an ex. She is an ex for a reason. Your friend is the one he is with now. They should focus on their relationship and work to make sure that relationship is going well and that they are both enjoying it.

12 hours ago, HeartGoesOn said:

Tell her it would be more beneficial if she posted her own story...Less confusing.

I second the above.  It would be better if she tells her own story so that she can answer the questions without you needing to pass on the questions  and reply for her etc.

Possibly there is a reason the friend doesn't want to post? Maybe she is shy or unsure of herself? Maybe she is nervous about telling a bunch of strangers her problems? Or maybe lexi is just trying to be a friend and get help for her?

Lexi is free to correct me, but it actually seems like a rather simple issue made complicated by a reference to an unrelated topic. The guy messaged an ex and the friend is confused as to why. 

Lexi, unless your friend has reason to be suspicious of the guy or the ex, tell her to not worry about it. What matters is how well they are getting along. If the relationship seems to be proceeding fine, then all systems go and proceed with enjoyment.

45 minutes ago, Capricorn3 said:

I second the above.  It would be better if she tells her own story so that she can answer the questions without you needing to pass on the questions  and reply for her etc.

I would go further - it would be better if she simply asked the guy, "why did you feel the need to text the word 'stalking' to your ex?"   

That's how your friend will find out what she wants to know - if there's anything to find out.   

32 minutes ago, Jaunty said:

I would go further - it would be better if she simply asked the guy, "why did you feel the need to text the word 'stalking' to your ex?"   

That's how your friend will find out what she wants to know - if there's anything to find out.   

Exactly because lots of exes go to each other’s pages. Yeah why did you feel the reason to break no contact with her and ask her why she went to your page?

5 hours ago, Lexismith said:

To clarify he said “lurking “? Not stalking 

The ex responded saying “um no” 

he then replied saying “okay 😏” with that smile face 

Did this guy show your friend this conversation or something?

And if so, why?