Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

The Streaming Thread

8 hours ago, BeaTlesFan77 said:

Which ones are worth listening to?

I watch reruns of Dateline when I work out in the morning so I listen to that podcast, as well as 2020 and I think also -it's called -Murder in America. In addition there is a really good podcast they updated recently on the Long Island Serial Killer (just google it).  I don't have time much to watch full shows so I listen to podcasts while doing my housework.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, BeaTlesFan77 said:

Any recommendations for either of those?  I used to watch Ghost Adventures all of the time. 

Astonishing Legends Podcast is pretty good. They balance debunking and the tale; usually end up with more questions than answers.

For some reason I started re-watching Northern Exposure on Prime, it's a lot funnier than I remember.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Just finished a fab documentary on Netflix - Rael ‘The Alien Prophet’ 

Have a thing for cult documentaries, or anything exploring religious sub culture like the Amish, Mormons, LDS, polygamy - etc! This was fab! Cloning, strange lies, weird erotic yoga, young brainwashed babes, intelligent yuppie intellects with science degrees getting involved, devious bun head leader trolling everyone - it has it all! 

Recommend!!!

x

IMG_9804.jpeg

IMG_9805.jpeg

On 2/10/2024 at 2:36 PM, BeaTlesFan77 said:

What has everyone on here been watching lately?  I'm a huge true crime fan and finished these in the last few days.  Both have fascinating storylines.  The first one is a three-part series and the second is a one-off. 

I used to be obsessed with ID's "Disappeared," that show about people vanishing. It's so creepy and bizarre, how could someone just disappear without a trace? That one episode where the little kid went missing while playing in a field...chills. And don't even get me started on Bonnie and Clyde's ghost-like return for money. Watch it if you're into true crime, but be prepared for some sleepless nights.

Vanished, people that go missing from national parks, is equally eerie.

Watch Vanished Season 1 | Prime Video (amazon.com)

I have a deep fascination and appreciation for nature so I'm currently streaming:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 3/4/2024 at 7:51 AM, mylolita said:

Also really loved this a few years back and have recently re-watched!

Netflix - ‘Maid’ 

x

I think I remember hearing about this when it came out. That’s Margaret Qually and her mother in it. 

• Like 2
On 3/4/2024 at 7:44 AM, mylolita said:

Just finished a fab documentary on Netflix - Rael ‘The Alien Prophet’ 

Have a thing for cult documentaries, or anything exploring religious sub culture like the Amish, Mormons, LDS, polygamy - etc! This was fab! Cloning, strange lies, weird erotic yoga, young brainwashed babes, intelligent yuppie intellects with science degrees getting involved, devious bun head leader trolling everyone - it has it all! 

Recommend!!!

x

IMG_9804.jpeg

IMG_9805.jpeg

Wow!  😮 Interesting looking cult and I’ll have to check out the trailer for that one.  I still have to watch the one about the Karesh cult in Waco. 

• Thanks 1
On 3/4/2024 at 7:46 AM, mylolita said:

Also I’ve watched these two a good three times now, always morbidly fascinate me:

Warren Jeffs!

And the infamous ‘Jesus Camp’ documentary:

x

A buddy of mine also recommended these. 

On 2/23/2024 at 11:10 AM, Coily said:

Astonishing Legends Podcast is pretty good. They balance debunking and the tale; usually end up with more questions than answers.

For some reason I started re-watching Northern Exposure on Prime, it's a lot funnier than I remember.

I remember when Northern Exposure originally came out. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, yogacat said:

I used to be obsessed with ID's "Disappeared," that show about people vanishing. It's so creepy and bizarre, how could someone just disappear without a trace? That one episode where the little kid went missing while playing in a field...chills. And don't even get me started on Bonnie and Clyde's ghost-like return for money. Watch it if you're into true crime, but be prepared for some sleepless nights.

Vanished, people that go missing from national parks, is equally eerie.

Watch Vanished Season 1 | Prime Video (amazon.com)

I have a deep fascination and appreciation for nature so I'm currently streaming:

ID is one of my favorite channels, and I have also watched Disappeared. You’re absolutely right. It’s amazing how some of these people vanished the way they do. Which show was the Bonnie and Clyde one on?

You enjoy watching animals fight each other?  😉 I think Angela Bassett has a great voice for doing narration.  She also did the narration on the Imagineering documentary for Disney+.  

6 hours ago, BeaTlesFan77 said:

You enjoy watching animals fight each other?  😉 I think Angela Bassett has a great voice for doing narration.  She also did the narration on the Imagineering documentary for Disney+.  

Oh, lol. No. I fast forward through those parts.🙈 I mostly enjoy learning about different species and their behaviors, and seeing the stunning landscapes and environments they live in.

If you enjoy the paranormal, The Bonnie and Clyde one, if I recall correctly, was part of ID's "Vanity Fair Confidential" series. They have some pretty interesting episodes in that series, although that's not truly a paranormal/ghost type show.

The people that go missing, I just can't imagine not knowing what happened to a loved one and them never getting closure. These shows help find missing people and keep them in loved ones' minds until they're found.

Cool that you like ID, it's a really interesting channel. A bit hard to stomach watching sometimes, I don't watch as much these days.

9 hours ago, BeaTlesFan77 said:

I think I remember hearing about this when it came out. That’s Margaret Qually and her mother in it. 

Yes! 

I always remember her from the Labyrinth - is that right? 🤣

x

9 hours ago, BeaTlesFan77 said:

A buddy of mine also recommended these. 

It’s morbid but fascinating, and he’s still giving revelations from his jail cell to this day! 

One of the best documentaries I’ve seen in a good while if you like that kinda thing! 

x

Okay some of my fav shows they took off of  cable and put on the Discovery+ App. One that I am not sure is continuing is The Dead Files. There is 15 seasons . Ghost Adventures,Ghost Hunters, etc . Discovery + has a big selection. I also watch most horror movies. There is a big selection on Netflix and Prime and I think there are horror streaming apps like Shudder.