Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Yays and Nays

boltnrun

Gross out warning...

Someone left smears of poop on the toilet seat in the restroom at work. It's been there since yesterday. The cleaning crew only cleans the INSIDE of the toilets which makes no sense. Why not clean the part people actually sit down on? Also there were smears of some unknown substance on the bathroom sink faucet. Hopefully it was just soap.

These things never happened when it was just me and a couple other ladies coming into the office. Now there are about 6-7 additional ladies. I don't know which one is the disgusting slob but it needs to stop. 

• Sad 1
20 hours ago, boltnrun said:

Gross out warning...

Someone left smears of poop on the toilet seat in the restroom at work. It's been there since yesterday. The cleaning crew only cleans the INSIDE of the toilets which makes no sense. Why not clean the part people actually sit down on? Also there were smears of some unknown substance on the bathroom sink faucet. Hopefully it was just soap.

These things never happened when it was just me and a couple other ladies coming into the office. Now there are about 6-7 additional ladies. I don't know which one is the disgusting slob but it needs to stop. 

🤮🤮🤮

I'm going to do it.  I'm going to sign up for a 5k.  I think I'll do one in May, before it gets too hot but far enough away so I can be sure to be trained and ready.  I can easily walk 5k (around 3 miles) already but I want to be a little faster.  I can't run so it'll have to be a brisk walk.

I still feel like crap, but I'll just ignore that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

<Takes deep breath>

My cousin's widower. Posts on Facebook that he doesn't care if people like it or not, he's moving on with his life. It was a whopping month since she died. Guess he was over it.  And now he's posting bikini pics of social media personalities he apparently finds attractive. It's been five months since his wife died, so I guess he feels making these posts public is just fine and he doesn't care what we, her family, think. He was actively trying to cheat on her during the marriage by joining dating sites and posting on "swinging" Facebook groups looking to participate without his wife's knowledge or agreement. He also sent me a "d" pic.

This guy is a POS. I'm trying to not get upset out of respect for my cousin but honestly? I find it disrespectful to say the least. If I wasn't my cousin's child's godmother I would unfriend and cut the guy off permanently. 

• Sad 1

He did worse things than being disrespectful to his wife's memory. I won't detail what he did for privacy reasons but trust me, what he did was vile. And he convinced her to participate, which I am having a really hard time dealing with.

Sad thing is, my cousin's disabled brother is being left behind by this guy. He adores his nephew but isn't able to see him unless his dad brings him to visit (which he won't do due to the aforementioned worse thing). My brother, another cousin and I will be taking him out to lunch in a couple of weeks. He needs to know he's loved and will not be forgotten. 

• Sad 1
42 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

<Takes deep breath>

My cousin's widower. Posts on Facebook that he doesn't care if people like it or not, he's moving on with his life. It was a whopping month since she died. Guess he was over it.  And now he's posting bikini pics of social media personalities he apparently finds attractive. It's been five months since his wife died, so I guess he feels making these posts public is just fine and he doesn't care what we, her family, think. He was actively trying to cheat on her during the marriage by joining dating sites and posting on "swinging" Facebook groups looking to participate without his wife's knowledge or agreement. He also sent me a "d" pic.

This guy is a POS. I'm trying to not get upset out of respect for my cousin but honestly? I find it disrespectful to say the least. If I wasn't my cousin's child's godmother I would unfriend and cut the guy off permanently. 

I am so sorry .. this is bipolar behaviour they are hyper hyper sexual because they have no inhibitions in that area and that behaviour is 100% typical . My dad cheated on my mom with over 200 women at least. 

My poor cousin. She confided in me but I wonder if it was even worse than she told me. 

And my poor godchild. Stuck alone with a dad who wants to chase booty. I fear he's either going to be exposed to random women or he'll be left at home alone while his dad goes out and tries to get laid. I can't afford to take him in (and I'm far beyond child rearing age). I am hoping my fears don't actually happen and I'm worrying over nothing. 

me.jpg.27cc90f1a022dfef0f296e6e5576e77e.jpg

A pic of me at about age 34.  I cropped my ex out of the photo because I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate being put on blast.  My waistline doesn't look like that anymore!  And yes, I had given birth, albeit about 10 years earlier.  I was back in my regular jeans one week after I had my baby.  I only gained 22 pounds the entire pregnancy, not by choice or on purpose!  I just didn't gain. I weigh the same now as I did when I was 8 1/2 months pregnant.  I was probably about 110 pounds in this photo.

Sigh...

50 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Hopefully you are feeling better . 

Thank you. I was feeling better yesterday so of course I overdid it. Regressed a bit today but not as bad.

This is the current weather report. I literally just went outside and it's pouring. I wish I had a job that paid that well and allowed me to be wrong more than 50% of the time.

Screenshot_20240323-111832-324.png

Good and bad experiences at the grocery store today.  Bad = female stocker coughed right on me.  Made no attempt to turn away or cover her mouth.  I know I gave her a look.  She walked back past and said "good morning", probably being a smartass because I gave her a look.  I didn't reply because if I had I would have said "Eff you, Miss Rude Germ Spreader".  I thought it was best to keep quiet. Good = young lady checker with the neck and face tattoos who was a nice as could be (and I'm sure she gets a lot of flack due to her tattoos which is why I mention them).  I had selected a sugar free pie that had no price label (this happens to me more times that I can count) and I asked her if I should go back and get one with a price label.  And she said "No, you're good" and let me have it for free!  This was a $7.99 pie so not cheap.  And she didn't charge me for the plastic grocery bag either.  I did tell her I hope she has a nice rest of her day because she was so sweet.

Yep, this annoyed me just a bit. 

I sent an email to the two (male) coworkers in my department, letting them know I would be bringing in a cake for our manager's birthday this week. And both of them emailed back "Great! I'm in!" But neither of them asked "Is there anything I can bring?" (Sexist comment to follow)...almost every woman I know would've asked. I guess it didn't even occur to them to ask. 

3 hours ago, boltnrun said:

Oh, she was depressed!!! Yeah, so depressed she spent a week partying at the beach and in bars while her precious baby starved to death.

No sympathy from me for this selfish woman. 

Also I know the safe haven type law refers to newborns but for sure she could have taken the baby to a hospital, police station -whatever!! - and told them she couldn't /didn't want to take care of him!

Nice new HR assistant. I introduced myself and immediately put my hands behind my back. She understood what I was doing and withdrew her hand and didn't make a big deal out of it. 

I've been sleeping well but still feel super drowsy. What's up with that? Doctor appointment next Wednesday. Hopefully the new NP listens better than that doctor I tried last time.

• Like 1

I guess people forgot what Easter is about or why it's even a thing. Look, I am not going to pretend I'm some church going person of actively practicing faith. But when I see news and retail organizations referring to Easter with an image of a bunny or a baby chick I think "Nope, that's not what Easter is about." I get they can't show images of Christ's resurrection because not everyone is Christian. But some marketing person came up with the idea of a bunny and it took off somehow. And BTW, bunnies don't lay eggs so how does that even make sense? It just bugs me. 

My company is hosting an event that's a fundraiser for autism awareness. Which is awesome. But they always schedule things as though everyone works 8-5 and takes lunch from 12-1. I work 6:30-3:00 and I take lunch from 11:15-11:45. I can't go any later because of state laws and if I go too early I risk going over 5 hours in the afternoon. They scheduled the event from 11-12 🙄. So I either have to take lunch super early or show up at the event late which I don't want to do. But I guess I'll just have to clock in after lunch and haul butt downstairs to the event and hope it doesn't start right on time. 

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, boltnrun said:

My company is hosting an event that's a fundraiser for autism awareness. Which is awesome. But they always schedule things as though everyone works 8-5 and takes lunch from 12-1. I work 6:30-3:00 and I take lunch from 11:15-11:45. I can't go any later because of state laws and if I go too early I risk going over 5 hours in the afternoon. They scheduled the event from 11-12 🙄. So I either have to take lunch super early or show up at the event late which I don't want to do. But I guess I'll just have to clock in after lunch and haul butt downstairs to the event and hope it doesn't start right on time. 

Is there something specific right in the beginning where it would be noticed if you left earlier?Can you finish eating at your desk?

13 minutes ago, Batya33 said:

Is there something specific right in the beginning where it would be noticed if you left earlier?Can you finish eating at your desk?

I always eat at my desk. I take a 30 minute lunch and always bring my lunch. I do have to clock out for lunch which makes it more difficult. 

I can take my lunch earlier than usual but it's not ideal. It's just strange they think everyone works 8-5 when pretty much no one in my department does. We all come in between 6:00 and 7:00 am. But I can adjust my schedule this one time to attend this event. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, boltnrun said:

I always eat at my desk. I take a 30 minute lunch and always bring my lunch. I do have to clock out for lunch which makes it more difficult. 

I can take my lunch earlier than usual but it's not ideal. It's just strange they think everyone works 8-5 when pretty much no one in my department does. We all come in between 6:00 and 7:00 am. But I can adjust my schedule this one time to attend this event. 

I agree.  I strongly prefer to eat lunch at specific times for my health/body.  I've also had to adjust for work events and it's annoying.  It's thoughtful of you to be so flexible for this event -certainly for a good cause.