Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Yays and Nays

boltnrun

Where I live you are required to clock out for lunch no later than 4 hours and 59 minutes after you clock in (obviously this only applies to hourly employees).  I understand the reasoning but I find it super annoying.  However, since I am permitted to eat at my desk I can snack throughout the day.  So it's not that I have to eat at a certain time but that I have to clock out by a certain time.  But this event is going to not only support a good cause but it can't be considered working.  It'll be fun.  So I'll go ahead and do it as long as my manager doesn't object to me being unavailable during that hour.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, boltnrun said:

Where I live you are required to clock out for lunch no later than 4 hours and 59 minutes after you clock in (obviously this only applies to hourly employees).  I understand the reasoning but I find it super annoying.  However, since I am permitted to eat at my desk I can snack throughout the day.  So it's not that I have to eat at a certain time but that I have to clock out by a certain time.  But this event is going to not only support a good cause but it can't be considered working.  It'll be fun.  So I'll go ahead and do it as long as my manager doesn't object to me being unavailable during that hour.

Thanks for the information! I've never had a clock in clock out job other than when I was a public school teacher (but then of course you had specific lunch and prep times at least in the NYC public school system) so I'm unfamiliar with the rules where I live or have lived.  I now work hourly but it's part time.  I can work and do work any hour of the morning or night and any day of the week as long as I get my work done.

52 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I'm doing my first registered 5k!  On Mother's Day weekend.  I'm going to start training this week by increasing the pace of my walking.  My goal is to finish the 5K in under an hour.

Congrats!!!!

19 hours ago, Batya33 said:

Congrats!!!!

Thanks, although I haven't accomplished anything yet other than bookmark the sign up website!

So people in my area primarily seem to use Nextdoor to complain. One thing they constantly complain about is crime and the lack of police presence. But then they post things like "Why is there a ghetto bird flying over my neighborhood??!!" or "I was down at the Shore and there were so many cops! What's going on?" Well, you said you want more police presence! Make up your mind!

• Like 1

I just found out an ex of mine suffered a stroke. He was a drug addict who smoked crack and pot. I'm not surprised he's having health issues. This man is only 58. He should be healthy but isn't, due to his drug use.  He also spent years in prison due to stealing to support his habit. He has no contact with his two children either, again due to his drug habit. This didn't need to happen. 

People, please stay off of hard drugs. And limit use of alcohol. Tell your kids.

• Sad 2

Just for the record, I didn't know he was smoking crack when I got into a relationship with him. About a year and change in there was an incident and that was when he confessed to me. I thought about it for a while and then I decided I just couldn't have someone like that around my child. I loved him but I'm a mom and that has to come first. He never mistreated me. He actually was pretty good to me even though he apparently was using drugs. But I just couldn't be around him. 

Drugs=bad. 

• Like 1

Someone in the EHS department sent an email notifying us that training classes have been assigned and the due date is April 31st. 🤣😆

Training on which months have 31 days???? 😉

If they hassle me about not completing my trainings I'll just tell them I planned to complete them on April 31st.

I received drawings from the outsourced engineering firm years ago at a different job. The drawings were all date stamped "February 31st".

🙄😆🤣

• Haha 1
On 3/25/2024 at 3:02 PM, boltnrun said:

Oh, she was depressed!!! Yeah, so depressed she spent a week partying at the beach and in bars while her precious baby starved to death.

No sympathy from me for this selfish woman. 

Depressed my arse. She is a selfish evil evil disgusting human being . 

Apparently it's no longer common practice for medical professionals to actually examine you anymore! She didn't put a hand on me. Not once.

However...she was aghast the other (bad) doctor I saw didn't order an A1C test along with the blood glucose. Well, that's because that other doctor didn't believe me! She thought I was making it all up until she saw the test results. So this one ordered an A1C test. Also ordered a sleep study. She thinks I may be exhausted all the time because I might have sleep apnea. 

• Like 1

Hypocrites! Don't go around lecturing people about following the teachings of Christ and warning that naturally occurring phenomena are the result of God punishing us when YOU ran around banging your personal trainers and others while married. Just stop it. 

Deep breath...

I'm looking forward to this weekend. Hopefully the weather will be nice enough for me to get outside and breathe some nice fresh air. Also got to get training for my upcoming 5k!

The young man who lives in the home behind my apartment (same complex) just knocked on my door to ask me if I wanted him to add some soil to the potted plant I have on my doorstep.  It was super windy a few days ago and the plant fell over and actually fell out of the pot.  I put it back but it lost some soil and I don't have anymore.  He said he noticed it had fallen over and since he had some extra potting soil he thought my plant could use it.  What a nice young man!  I said yes and thanked him for being so nice and considerate.  He also offered me some plant pots he's not using.  I told him I will buy some more plants and take him up on his offer.

This is yet another reason I do not and will never buy into the mindset of "Everyone's an a-hole, everyone's just out for themselves, no one cares about anyone but themselves" because I keep getting proof the world has a lot of nice people in it 🙂 

• Like 1

I don't know what's up, but I really struggled to get up this morning. I did get the same amount of sleep I usually do (about 6 1/4 hours) but I just didn't want to get up. I feel like I could sleep for several more hours.

Yesterday I was out walking and I got overcome with dizziness. I stumbled forward completely unable to control my speed or direction. It was scary. I still feel dizzy. 

I think I may be working on a migraine. My vision is not it's normal self and I feel dizzy and fatigued. Right now it's at the numb stage. I know from experience once the numbness wears off the pain starts. I'm working in the office today so hopefully it holds off until I get home. In nine hours lol. 

I think I may be working on a migraine. My vision is not it's normal self and I feel dizzy and fatigued. Right now it's at the numb stage. I know from experience once the numbness wears off the pain starts. I'm working in the office today so hopefully it holds off until I get home. In nine hours lol. 

I'm sorry you experienced that -that is scary! I hope you are feeling better soon.

Thank you.

The numbness is starting to wear off so here comes the pain. I have no idea what triggered this migraine. I seldom get them, thankfully. Driving home on the freeway is going to be interesting.

• Sad 1
32 minutes ago, Batya33 said:

Hope you get home safely!

Thanks, me too!

I looked into taking the train to work as it literally runs behind my office. But in order to take the train I would have to ride a local bus to the train station, take one train into the big city downtown, then take ANOTHER train to the stop nearest my office. All of that would take about 2 1/2 hours. I already get up at 4:20 to drive in, so taking the train would require me to get up at about 3:00 am. It takes me 35 minutes to drive in and an hour and ten minutes to drive home. Taking the train would be a FIVE hour commute! No thank you. 

Public transportation here sucks. 

• Sad 1

Fortunately the migraine never set in. I may have staved it off with a cup of caffeinated tea and an Advil this morning. Caffeine has always been very effective to help stave off major headaches for me as long as I drink it before the headache really sets in. I am still quite drowsy but the drive home wasn't bad at all. I'm going to sleep as soon as I can (need to wait for my hair to air dry which can take up to five hours!).

10 hours ago, boltnrun said:

Fortunately the migraine never set in. I may have staved it off with a cup of caffeinated tea and an Advil this morning. Caffeine has always been very effective to help stave off major headaches for me as long as I drink it before the headache really sets in. I am still quite drowsy but the drive home wasn't bad at all. I'm going to sleep as soon as I can (need to wait for my hair to air dry which can take up to five hours!).

My friend long ago used to tell me about the caffeine solution for staving off major headaches. I'm glad it worked -whew.  I hope you got some rest!

I would love to get a phlebotomist who is somewhat skilled. This one went for the inside of my elbow and it really hurt. It never hurts when I have blood drawn so I knew something was wrong. So she pulled the needle out and bandaged the hole and tried again. But this time I TOLD her which vein to use and presto! Everything went fine and there was no pain. Jeez Louise...And they needed a urine sample but they'd told me to have nothing, not even water, after 9:00 pm last night. Fortunately I was able to squeeze out some pee. 

At least that's done and hopefully this new NP will actually provide some actual care and follow up with me. 

• Like 1

It's sad when someone is so starved for human interaction they rely on forums like this one to post ridiculous, incendiary things just to get people to notice them. I usually respond because I do feel bad that they have no friends and no one who pays them any attention, but it usually backfires on me. Well, I tried.

Another beautiful day today. Can't wait for work to be finished so I can go on a walk. 

Oh, and my friend has Covid again. I lost count how many times he's had it. He never got any of the boosters so that might be why he tends to get it pretty bad each time.  

• Sad 1