The Golden Bachelor ....

25 women try to win over a charming, wealthy bachelor, but the whole idea of women essentially being pitted against each other for one man's approval is not my idea of romance.

Same with when it's a 25 men for one bachelorette scenario. Yeah yeah, I'm being a bit of a buzzkill but it just seems like a weird concept to me. 

Like the whole, overnight dates where one person gets to go on a "private" (wink-wink) date with the bachelor/bachelorette is just cringey and the fantasy suites where the lead can potentially sleep with all of their final contestants.

Boom! Welcome to a drunken love triangle that is broadcasted on national television.😄

• Like 3
On 4/13/2024 at 9:29 AM, Starlight925 said:

Color me surprised….not. 

Me neither Star.

Any bets on when the news about him and Leslie will be announced?

Wouldn't surprise me if that was the reason. I do now think he saw $$$ with Theresa but try as he might he didn't and couldn't love her.

I think Leslie would be foolish to go back but much stranger things have happened.  Love can be blind sometimes.  We see what we want to see.....

The franchise is toxic, it should be canceled for good.  Not sure what they're waiting for, they're one step away from someone becoming totally unhinged and going off the deep end...

I suppose all we can do is stay tuned....

16 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Re:  Dating locally with better results?  Two shows have tried and failed miserably:  Love is Blind and Married At First Sight.  Both of these shows are filmed in a certain city, so all people are from that city.

Hah! I see. When I raised local dating I wasn't speaking in terms of TV shows. That's not dating, it's auditioning. 🙂

There's something healthy about getting to know a person in the context of one anothers' day-to-day lives. I don't mean living together, but just how a potential partner invests in work, play, family, friendships, and where a committed relationship can fit into that--or not.

• Like 1

I love some trashy reality TV, but never cared for the Bachelor or Survivor or Big Brother. Yet these ones have gone on forever so somebody likes them! 

Rainbowandroses, do you remember the real trashy VH1 shows? That ride ended with a murder. Those shows were insane and were the golden age of reality trash imo. 

The first season I watched was Trista & Ryan, so I've had these rose-colored glasses on ever since.

Trista faced a ton of early internet snark during her season.  She was a Miami Heat (basketball team) dancer, and all the buzz was that she was only doing this for fame.  She kept saying that all she really wanted was to be a wife and a soccer mom.  In the end, she chose the humblest of all guys, Firefighter Ryan, had 2 kids, and has stuck by him through his terrible illness of several years.

So I keep waiting for that next magical season, but it's been so few & far between.

I had high hopes for this one, him being a widower, this "great guy" who lost his great love.

Turns out, he was a liar, a cheat, and simply not a nice guy.

34 minutes ago, itsallgrand said:

Rainbowandroses, do you remember the real trashy VH1 shows? That ride ended with a murder. Those shows were insane and were the golden age of reality trash imo. 

No I never watched those!  I rarely watched the Bachelor/Bachelorette, one or two seasons only.   

I enjoyed the Bachelorette with Jillian and Ed, I watched every episode.  I found Jillian to be authentic and I believe she truly loved Ed. 

Him?  He was  Hollywood star wannabe, a complete fraud. 

Anyway, are the VH1 reruns streaming anywhere?  

2 hours ago, rainbowsandroses said:

No I never watched those!  I rarely watched the Bachelor/Bachelorette, one or two seasons only.   

I enjoyed the Bachelorette with Jillian and Ed, I watched every episode.  I found Jillian to be authentic and I believe she truly loved Ed. 

Him?  He was  Hollywood star wannabe, a complete fraud. 

Anyway, are the VH1 reruns streaming anywhere?  

Some of them are on Tubi in Canada, not sure about the U.S. though. Tubi is free which is awesome if you don't mind a few ads. 

I wasn't surprised too that they didnt work out. In fact I watched these type of shows aaaall the time but I am realistic because I've watched these enough to know that 95% of these couples don't work out in real life.

Unpopular opinion... I really do think Gerry and Theresa, at their age, really had a deep connection ... on the set. LOL That's how it is. When a set is a MADE for you... like how can you not fall in love with the other person! I don't know if anyone watched this episode, except Starlight. But the episode with Gerry and Theresa first 1:1 date is where Gerry picks up Theresa in this nice old classic car and he was driving so slow and kept getting honked at, and the whole time Theresa in her "namaste" state just had one calm gentle hand on his arm. They get to their '60 diners theme date and he said he was so scared that once he felt her hand, a calmness came over him. Then they do this Grease dance with the whole staff. So again, how can you not fall in love when theres already chemistry with someone? 

I think once they got out of that TV set, and back to living real life and realized ... "oh theres nobody setting another romantic scene for us - no writer, no director and no beautiful waterfall or staff serving me at every whim." Yea.. there's an art behind these shows. Once that sorcery is gone, reality sets in.

I love seeing couples come out of this strong and still together - of course not many. I watch Survivor and a lot of the winners and contestants don't let fame get to their head. Not everyone who goes on these shows have self-serving interest where their moral is corroded. I think most people like competition and humans, as most animals, love being spectators of competition. I also like watching the connection between contestants... most people are not all about themselves. Some of them know if they don't have a chance or even if they do have a chance, they cheer on their peer/rival(s) and still express humility and sportsmanship (and I've seen this on LIB!)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, LootieTootie said:

I think once they got out of that TV set, and back to living real life and realized ... "oh theres nobody setting another romantic scene for us - no writer, no director and no beautiful waterfall or staff serving me at every whim." Yea.. there's an art behind these shows. Once that sorcery is gone, reality sets in.

Haaaah! That's so funny, it's how I view vacation romances. Once that vacay bubble is popped we see people come here all the time complaining that the other person isn't so into them. Wul? They're thousands of miles away from you living their real life.

• Like 1