Was this guy flirting with me?

I told this guy I got a new job working at a museum. But that I wasn't sure about working there. Because it was an elegant and classy place. And then he said “well you're classy and elegant.”

He and I slept together before in the past he cheated on his girlfriend with me. 

I take compliments in context.  This person who said nice words to you is a person who justifies cheating on his girlfriend and exposing her to STDS.  Not too classy.  Also you gave him an opener to dispute your self-deprecation - which was an odd thing for you to say about yourself.  Especially to someone you slept with. Why do you care if he was flirting -this man you already had intercourse with? You don't need to read signs as far as sex- if you want to have sex with him again ask him.  Cats out of the bag so to speak.  I doubt he wants to date you otherwise he would have asked you out -he knows you're attracted to him.

Good luck with the new job! I love museums and hope you enjoy your experience there

50 minutes ago, PinkCherryx said:

He and I slept together before in the past he cheated on his girlfriend with me. 

Why are you still talking to him? 

It doesn't sound like flirting as much as an attempt to get you to cheat with him again. That's not the same thing. 

1 hour ago, Batya33 said:

I take compliments in context.  This person who said nice words to you is a person who justifies cheating on his girlfriend and exposing her to STDS.  Not too classy.  Also you gave him an opener to dispute your self-deprecation - which was an odd thing for you to say about yourself.  Especially to someone you slept with. Why do you care if he was flirting -this man you already had intercourse with? You don't need to read signs as far as sex- if you want to have sex with him again ask him.  Cats out of the bag so to speak.  I doubt he wants to date you otherwise he would have asked you out -he knows you're attracted to him.

Good luck with the new job! I love museums and hope you enjoy your experience there

He did try to see me again after the first time. But I didn't see him because I had a feeling that he was just trying to cheat again.

2 hours ago, PinkCherryx said:

I told this guy I got a new job working at a museum. But that I wasn't sure about working there. Because it was an elegant and classy place. And then he said “well you're classy and elegant.”

He was flirting. Unfortunately he’s not classy and elegant. It doesn’t matter what he thinks of you.

• Like 2

Saying you're classy & elegant, I see as a response to your comment about yourself.  Not a pick up line.

Does it bother you this loser said this?  Or are you wanting something more? ( IMO< I wouldn't go near something like this again, knowing his behaviour).

On 7/19/2022 at 7:00 AM, PinkCherryx said:

He cheated on his gf with you? What makes you think he wouldn't cheat on YOU with someone else? Move on and find a decent man.

Btw - sounds like he was just trying to be "cute" with his comment. I wouldn't read much into it at all.

On 7/19/2022 at 6:00 AM, PinkCherryx said:

You probably are classy and elegant. But, once you've slept with a man and if he is interested in a repeat performance, he will take steps to make it happen. I don't know the particulars. There may be extenuating circumstances. But all you've told us is he's a cheater. So, my question is why do you care?