Is she into me? There's a lot of good signs.

Hi everyone,

So basically I met this girl from work, asked her out and she texted first that day although we spend more time calling each other where our calls are effortless and they go by quickly. We went on our first date which went really well, time flew and she texted me she really had fun after I texted her thanks. I initiated breaking the touch barrier and there was a lot of banter and so on and I told her do you want to do this again with me, I went to spend more time with you. So we planned a 2nd date, which also went really well. I asked "Where do you think we're at in this point in time?. She responded first with "Hmm I don't know. Friends? How about you?"

I told her "Do you think we could be more?" and she said in a high pitch intonation "Are we?", it didn't seem like that was a no. We proceeded to walk for another hour and I noticed when initiating touch, she began to touch back more such as putting her hand on my back, on the back of my shoulders, fixing my jacket, pinching my t shirt as well as placing her hands on my shoulders when we're on the escalator when I was one stair down from her. 

Our boss has an idea that we're going out and she said "Whaaat. That's so weird. How did he know that we're- that's weird" I told her we should keep it private and we made a promise to not see or interact with each other at work so it wouldn't look weird. Since things have been really tough for her lately because she is in the middle of the semester, I heard from a workmate that she's been easily stressed as well as she isn't as touchy with other workmates. So I reached out to her today and she missed my call and I texted her two days before (She's been doing this since about last week and she apologised each time with a proper explanation like "I had a kinda busy week" or "I had classes and work"). She hasn't got back to me yet, though I've invited her to a concert on the 23rd and she's keen to go.

Thoughts?

4 minutes ago, Lechonsensei said:

explanation like "I had a kinda busy week" or "I had classes and work"

She's putting excuses not to see you.

Your reached out more than once, so now the ball is in her court. If she gets back to you and mentions herself the date, then go for it. If not, leave it be. She might have just changed her mind, and is hoping you take the hint.

36 minutes ago, Lechonsensei said:

I reached out to her today and she missed my call and I texted her two days before . She hasn't got back to me yet, though I've invited her to a concert on the 23rd and she's keen to go.

She's interested, but slow your roll, especially with texting, touching, asking "what are we?", etc. Stay on the radar but don't crowd and smother this much.

• Like 1

Too early to tell. Interest could turn to disinterest quickly. There’s some interest but nothing solid. 

She may feel like if she texts with you the texting becomes nonstop and the calls are too distracting if she’s in the middle of a paper or studying for an exam. Think about it as if you’re in the middle of something. 

Enjoy the 23rd and focus on in person dates. You already tried texting a couple of times so stop and let her reciprocate and come back to you.

I dunno, I would be turned off by "Friends" reply. It indicates that she doesnt see you as a dating prospect. She is keeping you there, but there is no sign of clear interest by her side for something more. Second thing is, unless she is playing games with you, girl that is interested would be more than happy to answer your calls, or even messages. Because she wouldnt want you to go away to somebody else. And usually when its so compicated, the answer is "No". 

If she wants, go out on that concert. If you see that she is still keeping the distance, give up. There is no shame in that. There is no point in you chasing her if she is going to just keep you there for the sake of it and give you "crumbs". There are plenty of other girls out there who wont yank your chains and want to be with you. Also, its potentially messy work situation.

• Like 1

Wouldn't read anything into the "friends" comment. What is she supposed to say after just a few dates? And your question "Do you think we could be more?" probably made her feel pressured especially if she has a lot going on in her life with work/studies and might not feel she has room in it for a relationship. Your boss might have also spooked her by assuming you were both an item.

I think all you can do is give her some space. She is kinda blowing you off. If she wants to go to the concert she will get back to you.