Fwb, “funny story”

I, F (21) was dating this M (30) , but he broke things off with me because he said he thought the age difference would cause problems. We are currently fwb. Yesterday I spent the night at his place and he dropped me off at home the following morning. As we were in the car he told me this “funny story” (which supposedly happened 2 days ago) about a girl approaching him and telling him he was exactly the guy she was looking for and that she wanted to date him. He said he thought she was pretty and that he had never been approached by a girl before. But, it turned out she was only 19, and he said he thought she was too young,but that if he were younger he would date her. I know we are only fwb, so I shouldn’t care, but I still didn’t like hearing this at all and I don’t understand why he would tell me this. 

Why are you calling this sexual arrangement fwb?  You're not good friends -you were dating, he decided that for dating purposes you're too young but you're not too young to have sex with.  You agreed to meet up for sex when you both felt like having sex.  I don't think it's classy for him to talk about who else he is attracted to but it sounds like once you agreed to his evaluation of you as not good enough to date but good enough to have sex with you already knew that he may have missed that day in kindergarten when basic manners were taught.  I'd stop seeing him -I assume you two weren't good friends before you started dating.

• Like 1

If you are relationship material, it makes no sense to settle for a FWB.

Nobody respects someone who accepts less than they deserve. This guy is driving that home by mistreating you to see if you'll stick around for that.

Raise your bar and walk away. You will thank yourself later.

Head high, and respect your Self.

He's just making sure you know he has no feelings for you and letting you know if the opportunity arises to have sex with someone else, he's gonna take it...and this could happen at anytime. This is his way of setting that boundary. If it bothers you to hear such things, then you shouldn't be involved with a FWB/him. 

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, smackie9 said:

He's just making sure you know he has no feelings for you and letting you know if the opportunity arises to have sex with someone else, he's gonna take it...and this could happen at anytime. This is his way of setting that boundary. If it bothers you to hear such things, then you shouldn't be involved with a FWB/him. 

I agree with this. 

Otherwise, he's just looking for a reaction out of you. Either way, it may not feel good to know so trust your instincts on whether you want to stick around.

• Like 1

It makes him feel like Da Man to know very young women want him - you included, OP. I'm sure he's enjoying the fangirling. 

So, don't be surprised if one of these days he lets you know he's had sex with some such young lady. You two are not exclusive and he isn't mindful about how you might perceive his behaviour, so...expect that you will not be the only one keeping his bed warm at night.