How do you guys take this?

So I went on 2 dates with this girl. Things went extremely well both times. Instant chemistry. We had a date scheduled for Saturday but she asked me yesterday if she minded if we rescheduled because she needs to a paper done for a school before Easter. I told her of course that’s fine. She didn’t offer up another time that she could but we still texted the rest of the night with good, legit conversation. Based on how our first 2 dates went, it really doesn’t seem like she would have lost interest but with her not offering another time makes me leery. Should I just wait a couple days to see if she will offer another time and if she doesn’t do I try to ask her or just chalk it up that she legitimately isn’t interested anymore?

2 minutes ago, SirIssacNutin said:

but with her not offering another time makes me leery. Should I just wait a couple days to see if she will offer another time

Yes, let the dust settle with her homework pressure then suggest another date. Don't overthink it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SirIssacNutin said:

we still texted the rest of the night with good, legit conversation.

If she had a paper due, why wasn't she working on that instead of taking part in a texting session all night? In my opinion, it's up to her to ask you out, since she asked for the reschedule. 

Dating someone new can be like walking on quicksand at this stage, since no, you don't know if a concrete foundation will eventually be built or not. I feel for you. I've been there. Hard not to know what the future holds.

Just keep yourself busy with other things until time tells you all you need to know.

• Like 1

Agree it seems a bit strange she has time to text when she has assignments due. But she might be someone who leaves things to the very last minute and is easily distracted and used texting you as an excuse to procrastinate.

I would just leave her alone. See if she talks about rescheduling after Easter. And perhaps middle of next week you can try asking her out one more time. But if she has another excuse or is wishy washy you can just write her off. 

1 hour ago, Andrina said:

If she had a paper due, why wasn't she working on that instead of taking part in a texting session all night? In my opinion, it's up to her to ask you out, since she asked for the reschedule. 

Exactly what I was wondering.  If she knew she could take that evening off or mostly off why couldn't she work hard that night to get to see you the next?

8 hours ago, SirIssacNutin said:

So I went on 2 dates with this girl. Things went extremely well both times. Instant chemistry. We had a date scheduled for Saturday but she asked me yesterday if she minded if we rescheduled because she needs to a paper done for a school before Easter. I told her of course that’s fine. She didn’t offer up another time that she could but we still texted the rest of the night with good, legit conversation. Based on how our first 2 dates went, it really doesn’t seem like she would have lost interest but with her not offering another time makes me leery. Should I just wait a couple days to see if she will offer another time and if she doesn’t do I try to ask her or just chalk it up that she legitimately isn’t interested anymore?

Check in on Sunday evening and ask her how her paper is going. If she’s responsive and updates you things are going well or she’s nearly finished ask her if she’d still be interested in meeting with you during the week. In the meantime chat with and plan dates with others. Don’t be sitting around waiting for only her. 

Let us know how it goes.

• Like 1

After 2 dates I really don’t think you can have any expectations on someone else’s time. If they say they are busy but being communicative, why would you overthink it?

don’t ruin something good by placing unecessary expectations on someone you barely know. 

• Like 1