I found a girl on Hinge who seemed really sweet, is Minecraft a bad idea for a first date?

The other day I found a girl on Hinge who’s prompt said ‘I geek out on... Minecraft’ so I left a reply that said something like:

‘Yo I love Minecraft, would you be down for a first date in Minecraft? Yay (🎉) or Neigh (🐴)?’

Ngl the last part was pretty cringe but her profile made her seem a bit shy so I thought it might have worked :P.

Any thoughts? I don’t know if I’ll leave a comment like this on someone’s profile again, it’s probably not that original, but hey it might work!

First of all, it's "yay or NAY", not "neigh". Just a tip for the future.

I guess I don't understand, are you inviting her to join you at a place where they have gaming systems? Or are you just going to play online at the same time? If it's virtual, it's not a date. It's just two people being online at the same time.

What do you know about this young woman? Does she live near you? Is she near your same age? How many times have you had online conversations?

15 minutes ago, Dougged said:

‘Yo I love Minecraft, would you be down for a first date in Minecraft? Yay (🎉) or Neigh (🐴)?’

Have you heard back from her? Why not suggest meeting in person for a brief coffee?

Then if things go well see what happens.

This could easily be interpreted as a virtual date or invitation to your place, both of which are super bad ideas.

16 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

First of all, it's "yay or NAY", not "neigh". Just a tip for the future.

I am not that into Minecraft, but I am just guessing "Neigh" is a horse reference(as he did put on the horse emoji afterward). So its a pun connected to the game, not grammar error.

Anyway, OP, its interesting that you connected your first message to the game. However, until she sends something, you will not know if it worked or not. Also, its nice that you have something in common, but that doesnt guarantee connection. 

• Like 2

Well, it's not really a "date" exactly but I think it's a great idea. You can both be online and chat with each other as you build something together, or next to each other. Could be fun and it seems like a good, low pressure way to talk and get to know each other. If she is the shy sort, she may go for it. 

I play some Minecraft but not a ton but if I were on Hinge and received that offer from a guy, I'd probably jump on it. Like I said, easy way to get to know each other and have a conversation while you do something fun/relaxing together. 

• Like 1