20% chance of cancer

• 6 months later...

I received a call from my doctor's office one time telling me to hold on, the doctor needed to speak to me immediately. I had just had blood work done so I thought something really bad had turned up. Well, she got on the line and told me my potassium level was low and I should start taking supplements. Scared the heck out of me for nothing.

I tell you this not to make light of your concerns but to hopefully reassure you that it could be something very minor. I hope it turns out OK.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, boltnrun said:

I received a call from my doctor's office one time telling me to hold on, the doctor needed to speak to me immediately. I had just had blood work done so I thought something really bad had turned up. Well, she got on the line and told me my potassium level was low and I should start taking supplements. Scared the heck out of me for nothing.

I tell you this not to make light of your concerns but to hopefully reassure you that it could be something very minor. I hope it turns out OK.

I hope so but her last call when things were fine was on the phone. So to specifically ask for in person is scary. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, JohnLee said:

My mother died of cancer. Her dad and 2 siblings (13 siblings total) also passed away with cancer so I am terrified of cancer and always ask my doctors to check/test me carefully. There is an 80% your husband is fine.

Yeah my husband’s mother had cancer 3 times and his sister had cancer as well. All his grandparents also died of cancer. As far as testing right now they feel he is fine and will check every 6 months. 

• Like 1