Are we dating? Hanging out? 26F + 38M

danielleloren

1 hour ago, DancingFool said:

You'd be shocked just how many doctors use and abuse all kinds of drugs, legal and otherwise, given the knowledge and access that they have to these things and never get caught or reported.

Yes.

It's important not to generalize in either direction. Don't stop scrutinizing just because someone has a professional license. 

Doctors can be greedy, selfish, and drug abusers. They are human, just like everybody else. No pedestals.

2 hours ago, danielleloren said:

To be honest he was not the guy I thought he was when I met him at work. Why am I having such a hard time letting go? Or just keeping it casual?

For whatever reason, you seem to be evaluating your own self worth based on how he is behaving, and viewing it as a rejection--which it really isn't. He's simply not concerned with the interests of others:

17 hours ago, danielleloren said:

He stated he is not interested in being in a situation where hes obligated to do anything for anyone

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps you are still in pain from your previous breakup. And this feels like another breakup to you.

Take some time to recover and decide what you really want. Don't compromise just because you want the pain to go away. As you see, it just adds more pain.

16 minutes ago, Jibralta said:

Doctors can be greedy, selfish, and drug abusers. They are human, just like everybody else. No pedestals.

All humans, regardless of profession or occupation, can be greedy, selfish, and drug abusers.

OP remarked:

"There was always something that attracted me to him as soon as I saw him at work."

And that was, OP?  Appearance, looks, glamour?

2 hours ago, danielleloren said:

no way I am saying he's a bad man. I very much admire him and his work ethic. That's what drew me to him in the first place. 

That's ok, it's fine to date a while and realize you're not compatible. Happens all the time. Try to ignore the horrible comments about medical professionals such as yourself.

Archived